Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2017, 04:53 PM   #43

Worse, it could be showing zero restriction because there is a dirty air leak at the air cleaner. Even a brand new aircleaner might have a little restriction show up on a big diesel but without making some huge changes i don't know how it could suddenly get down to zero restriction unless dirty air is bypassing the filter. I would thoroughtly check the connections at the air cleaner and to the engine intake plumbing before the indicator to make sure there is no leak.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2017, 01:28 AM   #44

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxChief66-1 View Post
I've also been told the Spartan IH-45 chassis will continue to use HWH Active Air!
Yup.. The Active Air was a joint development project of HWH & Foretravel quite a few years ago.or so I have been told.
And now enough time has passed for that system to be offered on other brands.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:37 PM   #45

Entegra Feedback

I sent pictures of my situation to Entergra customer service and asked why this piece of plywood was hanging in the air chase partially covering the air intake side of the filter. I expressed my concern that this was restricting air flow and he agreed. I asked if there was a recall concerning this. He said that he wanted to talk with someone there (Entegra) about this and he would get back to me. Today he writes me back with this response......... "No recall has been released for this. It is only there because during production this piece was not cut. The piece of plywood need to be cut and removed. We will cover the cost of the removal."
Okay so there you go...... No Recall, but if you see this it needs to be removed. I would suggest that if you are ever at that point for an air filter change and you see this, that either you or your mechanic remove the plywood obstruction.
DonGott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:55 PM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for that update Don. That might explain why I have 3 lines on the gauge since new and below average fuel mileage. I will be replacing the filter in the next week and will check that out. Thanks for the post.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:57 PM   #47

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks DonGott for reporting back. I guess the cut out was left in there my mistake. It would seem obvious to me whoever did the cut out should remove it.
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:09 PM   #48

Before you cut that out I suggest you talk to or make sure Entegra cs talks to David Borkholder, production manager. This came up a couple of years ago and while that piece isn't suppose to block the opening it is suppose to be there as a water deflector. It wouldn't be the first time cs has given erroneous information. I personally talked to David when this came up before and unless something has changed cs is leading you down the wrong road.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:31 PM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Before you cut that out I suggest you talk to or make sure Entegra cs talks to David Borkholder, production manager. This came up a couple of years ago and while that piece isn't suppose to block the opening it is suppose to be there as a water deflector. It wouldn't be the first time cs has given erroneous information. I personally talked to David when this came up before and unless something has changed cs is leading you down the wrong road.

Wouldn't you think they would use a piece of medal rather than plywood that will delaminate and fall apart when it gets wet? Apparently that cut out is not cut completely around the circumference so it is just hanging there ready to be sucked in and block the intake air. Sounds like a good setup if you don't care about the engine.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:48 PM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
The Travel Supreme had the same air intake. I changed that filter a few times and it never had plywood covering the filter inlet hole.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:34 PM   #51

Do not have that plywood cut out. I heard it long ago and it has been discussed on here that that plywood is a wwaer diverter to keep water from being sucked into the air filter. Now all of that old information may be incorrect, but I would bet money that the CS guy you talked to does not know what he is talking about. Call Don Brubaker or probably better yet PJ and verify this story with them, because i’ll bet you a case of beer that the guy you talked is completely wrong

I’ve got it in mine, and it makes sense that there would be a diverter since it is directly below to open air intake louvre that is near the top of the coach on the back cap.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:03 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post
Wouldn't you think they would use a piece of medal rather than plywood that will delaminate and fall apart when it gets wet? Apparently that cut out is not cut completely around the circumference so it is just hanging there ready to be sucked in and block the intake air. Sounds like a good setup if you don't care about the engine.
There's probably a lot of things Entegra should have done differently, but they didn't and that's kind of a moot point. Unless it has changed recently, which I doubt, I'm just trying to keep the guy from having something removed that's suppose to be there to keep water out of his air filter.
Like I said above best person to ask is David Borkholder. He is in charge of production and pretty much knows every piece that goes in these mhs.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:31 AM   #53

Entegra Owners Club
On the 2016 models Entegra moved the air intake from the driver's side to the passenger side. I wondering if that was to move the intake away from that cut out area so any water / moisture wouldn't have direct path to the air filter. If recall correctly that change was approved by Cummins.
But this setup had issues that led to a recall.
The problem was building debris was cogging the duckbill valves and there was an issue with that cut not being removed during build which could travel around and block the inlet air.
The recall called for larger duckbill valves and the removal of that round cut out if it was still in there.
As I said this applied the 2016 models.
There must have been some issues with previous models as to make that change.
I know it's hard to get a direct answer from those involved.
Who knows maybe the end cap supplier mess up and put it on the wrong side.[emoji3]
Old 11-09-2017, 05:38 AM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
Richard, I sure wish I had the TS here to look at how it "use to be." In all the years of owning the TS, never heard of any type of air flow restriction. Only problem was missing duck bills during assemble the allowed water to be sprayed into the box. A 30 second fix when TS sent out the duck bills.
I will have mine apart in a couple of days and see if the intake is blocked with plywood. I am having a hard time getting my head around that as it was never there on pre-Entegras.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:18 AM   #55

Talked to David Borkholder and like stated earlier he said push it back and put a screw in from the side to hold it. Doesn't have to go into plywood just as long as it's in front of it to hold it back.
It's certainly your choice, but that came from the horses mouth. It is a water deflector.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:44 AM   #56

Entegra Owners Club
Glad this post came up. In checking the air box for proper air filter connection today I notice both of the duck bills were never installed. That leaves two one inch holes allowing water to be sprayed into the air intake if driving in heavy rain. Another reason I don't drive in heave rain. Called Entegra and the duck bills are being sent. However the rep tried to say there were not needed.....OK why were the holes cut to allow water into the intake? He had to go ask someone.

I won't find what the plywood situation is until the duck bills arrive, then I'll change the filter at the same time. Also there is an aluminum side inspection panel that allows easy access to that area.

Tags
ace, air, replace, replacement