Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2023, 09:54 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Thanks Chuck, just ordered it.

Gary
I hope you never needed it, but it sure takes the guess work out of situations like yours. Learned this hard way, it will not clear DEF codes, but we now have the simulators for that. However it will tell you your DEF system is bad and needs to be fixed.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2023, 05:41 PM   #30

I believe that indicator is for the exhaust filter. There should a procedure to clear.
Wbwimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 10:08 AM   #31

This is a long shot, but wonder if you caught a plastic bag or something blowing around and got suctioned against one of the air intakes up high? Then only to have it fall off when you shut down. Stranger things are not out of the realm.
bevandtomH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 10:24 AM   #32

Tom

I can't rule out your hypothesis. I let the coach sit for 4 days while I examined things, asked for ideas, brainstormed. No mechanic gave me a good suggestion of what caused the issue. Idea from other owners at least got me going and learning about vacuum sensing.

My air intake opening is very high on the driver side, back end cap corner.... very high. Very close to the top of that corner. Its hard for me to imagine any free floating paper or debris being up that far, but your hypothesis could explain what happened. It could have been something that fell off the inside of that air channel that I could not see and it was a temporary blockage. I'm just mystified.

At a more basic level.... If the source of a signal warning about a restriction of airflow producing an excessive vacuum to the turbo is the entire issue. then I have never had a Racor Parker Hannifin vacuum pressure gauge reading higher than mid-scale and the advice to change air filters every year or two regardless of vacuum pressure indicator which we see all the time, is a really really really conservative policy .. The yearly filter change recommendation we are now getting must be pertaining to coaches that are driven in coal mining and industrial locations 100% of the time.... I have never seen my Racor - Parker Hannifin Vacuum pressure gauge above 1/3 scale...
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 05:20 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The P has the diesel codes and the different connections. On the P you see a yellow semi tractor in the center of the screen, the cheaper model does not have that. The link for $148 on Ebay was the best price I found. Just checked Amazon, they are showing a new 2023 version at $239. Might check eBay for the new model as well.\
Found the 23 model on eBay for $149. https://www.ebay.com/itm/18582132573...Bk9SR6TpwaXxYQ
I have been thinking about getting a code reader. Done. Thanks for the link.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 05:45 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFunlovers View Post
I have been thinking about getting a code reader. Done. Thanks for the link.
Hal, I've enjoyed spending some of your money today.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 06:58 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I know right. Chuck’s shopping service.
Word of mouth is the best marketing…..
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 06:35 AM   #36

I have had a code reader on my list of purchases for several years, but frankly, have never had a need for one until a week ago, and not sure that I needed one then either (another thread), but I decided, I cant take it with me, so why not, and I also pulled the trigger on a good code reader. It would have come in handy a week ago...... although no codes on the dash for the problem that I was having, it would have been nice to have two sources of data and maybe an additional source of information, so a code reader is on its way.

My hope is that there is never a need for it, but I have more than a couple of those items on my coach and in my sticks and bricks so, why not?

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 03:46 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Same issue

I had this exact same issue in my Reatta xl. The restricted air flow light would come on when i stepped on the gas and would shut off when i raised my foot. Turns out it was loose wire in the accelerator area that was pulling out when i stepped on the gas. Check your wires in that area to see if something is getting crimped or tugged near your accelerator pedal. They fix was to put the wire back in its connection and zip tie it out of the way
Texas Pete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, air filter, dash