Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RISCKY View Post
I am referring to the vent fan in the bathroom. We used to have the same model you have on order. The fan is quite strong. This is not your average fan one might have in a stick home...these are strong. If we cracked the bathroom door, we felt it was more than sufficient. I don't like sleeping in warm temps...I want it to essentially be an icebox. Our new 44 DLQ has two fans, a larger fan in the bathroom area next to shower and the smaller one (as in your DEQ) in the toilet area.
That is good to know. Thanks.
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #16

A friend installed a swivel and tilt bracket for his outside tv on his Anthem. Works great and just enough space to close the door and not rub. He tracked down the right bracket I think it was from Monaco. If interested, he took pictures and sent all info to Joyce a couple of months ago. It sure helps with the sun reflecting. He will be at Hearthside for the event. If interested, send me a pm and I am sure he would be pleased to show it to you all.
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:33 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Breezin

I gotta say my Entegra Aspire DEQ does not have The circulation my old Monaco had. I like to have the windows open where possible in the mountains or at the beach but those dinky crank windows don't circulate as much air as my old sliding windows. I'm planning on adding two ceiling fans. One in the bedroom and one in the kitchen but I have to plan real carefully around the slideout rooms and prop clearance. The only downside is the Aspire doesn't have convenient wood trim areas in the ceiling like some of the Anthems so I have to plan it out to avoid the add on look. If anyone with an Aspire has added ceiling fans I'd love a picture. By the way, I like the fantastic vent fan in the potty but I wish Entegra had put another vent in the kitchen so I could add another. It would really help when I cook something oily and that damn smoke detector goes off!
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swenster View Post
We are in the negotiating process right noe for an Anthem 44 DLQ and delivery won't happen until Sept but in our conversations with the dealer it came out that they are planning on putting a ceiling fan in the br.
Hmmmm.....apparently Entegra is not aware they will be installing ceiling fans in the bedroom. Wonder where your dealer got that info.
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #19

Just talked with the dealer while at the FMCA rally in wy an hour ago and they talked with Tad, who is there and he called the engineer and confirmed they are ready to go, just no suggested retail till next week.
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #20

That's why you have an exhaust fan below the microwave

The exterior flap on my exhaust fan was painted shut. Once I opened it, the fan is very strong!

Unfortunately, I broke one latch while trying to free the flap

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
I like the fantastic vent fan in the potty but I wish Entegra had put another vent in the kitchen so I could add another. It would really help when I cook something oily and that damn smoke detector goes off!
Us3Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
A ceiling fan in the bedroom would be nice.

IMO, I'm not sure I'd take the option of a larger outside TV unless I did a lot of tailgating. The issue for me is not so much the TV as it's utility. Works great in the evening, although you have to take you neighbors into account in the campground. I find that during the day, glare is a major problem with using the external TV. Looking for a easy solution, but I have not had much success other than to lower the cover to shade the TV.
We use a sophisticated contraption made of a bungee cord that holds the cover at an angle which greatly reduces glare. I think we tied it around the slide joint and amazingly found we don't even have to remove it when we close it.

In reality though we really don't use it as much as we thought we would. Nice to have when we want it though.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swenster View Post
A friend installed a swivel and tilt bracket for his outside tv on his Anthem. Works great and just enough space to close the door and not rub. He tracked down the right bracket I think it was from Monaco. If interested, he took pictures and sent all info to Joyce a couple of months ago. It sure helps with the sun reflecting. He will be at Hearthside for the event. If interested, send me a pm and I am sure he would be pleased to show it to you all.
I guess we met the same gentleman at Pelican Lake - great addition. He gave me a flyer and said he's be at Hearthside. We plan on doing eventually and getting rid of the bungee cord.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #23

We installed a ceiling fan in the bedroom and it helps immensely. The new, bigger tv is to ship with Bose sound systems in the bedroom and main cabin per the Entegra website and to start shipping in July.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
We installed a ceiling fan in the bedroom and it helps immensely. The new, bigger tv is to ship with Bose sound systems in the bedroom and main cabin per the Entegra website and to start shipping in July.
Gene

Any tips on how the ceiling fan was installed?
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #25

Corey, sorry, I really do not know, dropped it off at Precision Painting and they put the fan in and built and installed a medicine cabinet in the shower room on the outside of the bathroom wall. Both great improvements and they did a great job.