Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2021, 02:56 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
So has anyone installed the coach side themselves? Can it be done without having access to a “pit” or jacking the coach? Weather is bad here in South GA for next few days so I can’t try to under the coach to assess the room. Trying to NOT spend the $1200 to install both Coach and Toad side or $750 for the Coach for installation.

Thank you in advance!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2021, 03:25 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wanderers View Post
So has anyone installed the coach side themselves? Can it be done without having access to a “pit” or jacking the coach? Weather is bad here in South GA for next few days so I can’t try to under the coach to assess the room. Trying to NOT spend the $1200 to install both Coach and Toad side or $750 for the Coach for installation.

Thank you in advance!
I installed mine years ago on the tag axle as there was not enough clearance on the drive axle with suspension vertical movement. As I remember the rear had to be jacked up with the coach jacks to have enough room to squeeze in but no wheels off the ground. Once in there and sort of sitting up behind the tag axle the mounting of the valves was relatively easy. I ran the air lines from there to the engine bay access along the DS frame rail and mounted the air tank on a cross frame piece below the air filter.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 03:48 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the help. That’s what I was hoping to hear. As soon as this rain stops for a day or 2 I’ll be trying it out.
Old 02-06-2021, 08:02 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wanderers View Post

Thank you in advance!

I installed mine two years ago. I had to make an L bracket to attach tank to frame as shown in picture. Safest way to work under coach without having a pit is to put rear wheels on ramps. Don’t rely on air suspension or jacks. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1869.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	373.8 KB
ID:	317307

2016 DSDP 4369, Freightliner Chassis, AF One brake system, 2016 Chevy Equinox
Tigerfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:56 PM   #19

For what my opinion/experience may be worth, start with this post....

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/tow...ml#post4166311

...and read down to the bottom of that page of the thread.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 12:41 PM   #20

I installed my system on the coach and Jeep Wrangler. Type "air force one" in the search engine and you'll come up with mine and other posts regarding doing your own install. Let me know if I can be of further help.

Tags
air, chassis