Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2018, 09:28 AM   #1

Air Leak

I’m a long time lurker and first time poster. I have a small air leak on a 2013 Anthem. I’ve traced it to a small component that is attached to the frame rail cross member in front of the air reservoir for the rear brakes. There is a hole in the bottom that’s leaking air and I was trying to figure out what it is to see if I can find a replacement. Hopefully the picture helps. Attachment 190626Attachment 190626

As others have said, I really appreciate the help and knowledge on this forum. It really helps the learning curve.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2018, 09:34 AM   #2

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1207.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	190628[ATTACH]190628

Let’s try the picture again.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmath View Post
Attachment 190628[ATTACH]190628

Let’s try the picture again.
I believe that small hole you mention is the exhaust port. If you can not build air for the air ride bags, that solenoid valve is stuck open or in the dump mode. There should be a manual button on the side that you can press and operate the system. You have to be very careful under there and not dump the air system and get crushed. I would suggest putting your jacks down or blocking the coach up somehow so that it does not drop on you.

A call to Spartan will get you the exact part number if you need a replacement. They are not expensive.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:24 AM   #4

Thanks for the reply. I can build up enough air pressure to inflate the airbags but hear the leak after I shut down. The front airbags have deflated within a couple of days since I bought the motorhome last March.

I’ll look for the button on the side and report back.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:27 AM   #5

I just went through this on my ‘14 Cornerstone albeit, probably much worse. It most likely is a faulty solenoid valve. Make sure you manually drain air line after each drive. I didn’t. Expensive!
ButchT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:32 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Call Spartan, you may be under the 5 year warranty.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:44 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Take a pump up garden sprayer and mix a soap solution. Spray it in the area that you hear the leak and see if you can spot the bubbles without getting under the coach. Sometimes you do have to slide under. I had a leak in that same area on my Travel Supreme, it was the ride height valve. After I took it in to have it fixed. I found out my local truck alignment shop did roadside service less than I paid at an RV dealer. Lesson learned.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmath View Post
I’m a long time lurker and first time poster. I have a small air leak on a 2013 Anthem. I’ve traced it to a small component that is attached to the frame rail cross member in front of the air reservoir for the rear brakes. There is a hole in the bottom that’s leaking air and I was trying to figure out what it is to see if I can find a replacement. Hopefully the picture helps. Attachment 190626Attachment 190626

As others have said, I really appreciate the help and knowledge on this forum. It really helps the learning curve.
If this is the tag dump valve, and you have just backed up and parked, it is going to leak air. To close this valve you have to pull forward a few feet for it to close automatically. If you have pulled forward and its still leaking you have a different problem. Its either stuck or not getting the signal to close for some reason.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:55 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Good point Jeanne.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:58 AM   #10

Is the tag dump valve forward on the front axel? I’m thinking it may be the front dump valve for the jack system. But that’s just a guess.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:23 AM   #11

The leveling jack system is hydraulic. This component is part or your coach’s air ride system.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:28 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
The valve you have in your picture is the master dump valve which will dump your suspension when extending the jacks and will also allow your suspension to reinflate (with sufficient air pressure) when the jacks are retracted.

On the top of this unit are two small buttons. One button will dump your suspension very quickly, the other button will allow it to inflate. The suspension will not inflate with the jacks extended. If you hit the wrong button while under there and there is not sufficient clearance you will be crushed. Be very careful.

If the entire suspension (front and back) deflates after parked for a short period it sounds like your master dump valve is leaking internally past the seals and out the exhaust port.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:28 AM   #13

When I level the coach, the leveling system dumps the airbags before it hydraulically levels the coach. I was thinking that valve was part of that system.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:43 AM   #14

So I just leveled the coach and I couldn’t hear the leak. Then I started it to air up the system, retracted the jacks and let the air pressure build back up. I can once again hear the leak with the engine off outside the coach. Any idea if it’s an Entegra or Spartan part?

Tags
air, leak