Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2014, 01:47 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Should leave engine running during final walk around to check for fuel leaks. Yes, those do happen too.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2014, 02:54 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
I look at the pad after I pull for any and all leaks while I sat on the location...even if it is gravel.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:51 AM   #31

This is a huge problem beyond just airing up before leaving. If you have to do any maneuvering with these coaches your in trouble. If your using reverse or using your brakes a bit you lose air and get rubbing. There have been a lot of coaches damaged
by this issue and they continue to deny it. Yet they changed the fenders on newer models, claiming it was because of a newer axle
I was traveling yesterday and stopped at a campground, the spot they gave me I just drove into, the easiest way to get out of the park was back straight out about 90' turn left and leave. Naturally I'm using my brakes some (overly cautious) When I went to make the turn the air pressure had dropped enough to make it rub. Luckily I'm sensitive to it and wasn't turning hard. Entegra Tech Support acts like this is normal and you shouldn't back up and use your brakes...huh
Problem #2 if your in a spot that might have the right side slightly higher than the left and your using your brakes some, same thing rubbing or damage.
I feel this is a potentially dangerous situation and certainly should be address. The problem is more than the airing up but the front fenders rubbing on the tires at any drop in air pressure.
I might sound like I am whiner but I've had a few issues and will normally take care of them myself and love the Entegra. I have raved about the CS and the quality of these coaches but am VERY DISAPPOINTED with this issue.
roadrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:10 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Roadrunning, your post is one of the reason we would not accept delivery of our coach. Massive air leaks that LD did not fix. I could watch the front end loose air and there is not that much tolorance on the Entegras and the reason I was so gun shy with that much air leaking. Then try to use the brakes in a tight area on top of that, no way. I am also a firm believe of periodic checks of the air gauges. If in eating for an hour, check he gauges when returning and see how much air has leaked, it shouldn't be any if no dump valve were used.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:58 AM   #33

Brobox I totally agree about air leaks and you were wise not taking delivery. Unfortunately that's not what I was talking about.
What I was talking about is during normal operation with no leaks, just the tag axel dump during backing up or using the breaks a few times drains enough air pressure to create the rubbing of the front tire. I'm not sure when the changed the panel to allow more room but I have a fairly early 2013 Anthem and it's a problem on these. If you try to turn sharp during this you crack the fiberglass at the top center of the wheel well.
The new panels/wheel wells (not exactly sure all what they changed) have fixed this you can lose pressure but not rub. But what gets me is Entegra Tech Support acting like this is normal! This is my 3rd coach and I wouldn't have any rubbing even if not aired up on previous coaches (wouldn't drive it this way).
I asked if they'd work with me on getting the new fenders and the reply was just flat no.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:20 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunning View Post
Brobox I totally agree about air leaks and you were wise not taking delivery. Unfortunately that's not what I was talking about.
What I was talking about is during normal operation with no leaks, just the tag axel dump during backing up or using the breaks a few times drains enough air pressure to create the rubbing of the front tire. I'm not sure when the changed the panel to allow more room but I have a fairly early 2013 Anthem and it's a problem on these. If you try to turn sharp during this you crack the fiberglass at the top center of the wheel well.
The new panels/wheel wells (not exactly sure all what they changed) have fixed this you can lose pressure but not rub. But what gets me is Entegra Tech Support acting like this is normal! This is my 3rd coach and I wouldn't have any rubbing even if not aired up on previous coaches (wouldn't drive it this way).
I asked if they'd work with me on getting the new fenders and the reply was just flat no.
I feel for you but apparently this isn't an issue on all 2013 coaches. I got mine in January 2013 and have never experienced any rubbing etc. in over 18k miles. I am very anal when it comes to checking for proper inflation visually when leaving and also when backing/braking a lot. Now if I was to try to move the coach before it airs up, I would have a big problem.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

I only mentioned the air leaks as it would add to and compound the problem. It seems there may be an additional problem of ride height adjustment.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:46 AM   #36

Just to be clear the rubbing only occurs during the turning in my explanation not when driving straight.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasteddie08 View Post
Can someone explain what a High Centering accident is?
Fasteddie08
I think a "High Centering accident" is when "the part of the underside of a coach between the front and the rear wheels is damaged", by, (or scrapes on?), (or touches?), the ground, (or the pavement?), (or some other object, like a curb?), when the coach is driven over it.

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
Fasteddie08
I think a "High Centering accident" is when "the part of the underside of a coach between the front and the rear wheels is damaged", by, (or scrapes on?), (or touches?), the ground, (or the pavement?), (or some other object, like a curb?), when the coach is driven over it.

Mel
'96 Safari
Unusual terminology, but I do agree that is what the OP meant by "high centering accident".
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:05 PM   #39

Quote:
This is a huge problem beyond just airing up before leaving. If you have to do any maneuvering with these coaches your in trouble. If your using reverse or using your brakes a bit you lose air and get rubbing. There have been a lot of coaches damaged
by this issue and they continue to deny it. Yet they changed the fenders on newer models, claiming it was because of a newer axle
I was traveling yesterday and stopped at a campground, the spot they gave me I just drove into, the easiest way to get out of the park was back straight out about 90' turn left and leave. Naturally I'm using my brakes some (overly cautious) When I went to make the turn the air pressure had dropped enough to make it rub. Luckily I'm sensitive to it and wasn't turning hard. Entegra Tech Support acts like this is normal and you shouldn't back up and use your brakes...huh
Problem #2 if your in a spot that might have the right side slightly higher than the left and your using your brakes some, same thing rubbing or damage.
I feel this is a potentially dangerous situation and certainly should be address. The problem is more than the airing up but the front fenders rubbing on the tires at any drop in air pressure.
I might sound like I am whiner but I've had a few issues and will normally take care of them myself and love the Entegra. I have raved about the CS and the quality of these coaches but am VERY DISAPPOINTED with this issue.
There is no way your coach will lose enough air for the front tires to rub if it's aired up to start with, unless you have a massive air leak in the air bags. Dumping air off the tag or using the brakes shouldn't cause the ride height to change, especially in 90 ft. My coach would lose enough air when new that it would go down in a day. Entegra installed check valves in the lines to the air bags to correct that, but it never went down in 90 ft. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Agree...never happened with mine. Obtained my 13 coach in late dec 2012, and JMHO, seems to me we are confusing several different things here and suggesting a single major issue. Just saying...
Old 05-04-2014, 06:39 AM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
GGW, I have been re-reading all of the "air up" post this morning as we are picking up our coach next week that did have major air problems and was checking what the norm is for other Entegras.

In re-reading your post, is it possible for you to measure another Entegra at the front wheel area where yours is rubbing when fully aired up and the clearance on yours? Something just doesn't sound right on yours compared to other Entegras.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:45 AM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
I don't have it in inches, but it is right at the height in all the way around that allows me to insert my fat fingers (about 3/4") and that's my measurement stick on every start up.

Tags
suspension, travel, travel height