RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2016, 07:28 PM   #99

These things have some pretty healthy joints. Hard to fill with a hand pump type grease gun. Thus the reason I purchased a cordless battery operated one. I have wrenched on some medium duty trucks in the past( UPS delivery vans) and we always lifted them off the pressure points on the suspension and steering in order to get plenty of grease to those points. Yes, grease will work its way into those areas while driving, but not as well as lubing it while off the ground.
On your comment about not seeing grease com out. Maybe your not pumping enough grease in? What type gun are you using?
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2016, 07:42 PM   #100

Entegra Owners Club
I have an air grease gun, I wanted to use the hand gun on the new delivery to see just what it took on a new chassis. I did use the jacks to raise it up. I was surprised how much grease it took, especially the U joints for a brand new chassis.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:54 PM   #101

Bro box, How often do you lube your chassis?
Old 09-07-2016, 09:09 PM   #102

Entegra Owners Club
Before every season trip, which is 5 to 8,000 miles and the U joints before every trip.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:35 PM   #103

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco owners with this "problem" found out that the steering box was a OFF ROAD Sheppard BOX. After changing the Sheppard for a TRW Highway Steering Box problem solved. Sanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:56 PM   #104

Sanford, What chassis is under the Monaco's with this issue?
Old 09-08-2016, 07:44 AM   #105

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS30 View Post
Maybe your not pumping enough grease in? What type gun are you using?
I use a standard hand pump grease gun, and have a 90į adapter for the fittings that need it. I have looked at the Battery operated grease guns, and I think you are right to get one, and to use it. Since I have an arsenal of Dewalt tools, I will probably get that one since I already have most of the other stuff, chargers, batteries, etc.

I will get the weight off the front end, and lube it good, and will wipe away the overflow as best I can. I am driving from Texas to Michigan to Spartan in October, so I don't want to wait until I get there to have that checked. Same with the U-joints, seems like I never get an overflow of grease.. Ordering the battery grease gun this week - seen some threads on other brands - will look and make sure
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 04:21 PM   #106

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Hector

Glenn Tomkins is a regular reader and poster here on iRV2...... On here, he goes by G & J.

Gary
Did I do something wrong? I don't know who is G & J!!I do apologize in advance....
Hector1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:14 PM   #107

Hector:

You did nothing wrong... I thought I was telling you something that it did not sound like you understood. You referred a poster to the Great Escape web site which is Glenn Tomkins web site, and I just wanted you to know that Glenn is a very visible person who haunts this web site (iRV2) (under the avatar of G&J) and has had threads on here that are far more informative and extensive than his video on this issue. If you knew this also, then I didn't need to say it, but you didn't seem to know it.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 03:25 PM   #108

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Hector:

You did nothing wrong... I thought I was telling you something that it did not sound like you understood. You referred a poster to the Great Escape web site which is Glenn Tomkins web site, and I just wanted you to know that Glenn is a very visible person who haunts this web site (iRV2) (under the avatar of G&J) and has had threads on here that are far more informative and extensive than his video on this issue. If you knew this also, then I didn't need to say it, but you didn't seem to know it.

Gary
Thanks after I posted my comments I knew then what you were talking about I found him and sent him a text just to make sure he knew what we were talking about in case he sees our post. Thanks again.
Hector1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 03:13 PM   #109

Iím in Atlanta area looking.. did you find anyone ?
HarleyDriven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steering