Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2019, 12:34 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Am I the only one?

I like reading and learning things about my coach, so much valuable info to be had, I like keeping up with other Entegra owners But it is depressing sometimes to see all the potential problems. I know these things have so many bells and whistles and so many things to go wrong and i've have my share and a good learning experience along the way, But man is it depressing some times, Like the guy with the New Cornerstone and his wheel fell off coming home from delivery and my very first trip some one at a campsite walking by said beautiful coach was it it, Oh and Entegra he says i heard they had a lot of problems, My very first trip. But in my opinion Entegra is the most beautiful coach on the road, bar none.
N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2019, 01:52 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Am i the only one?

Kind of sounds like you’re describing life! All the things that can go wrong no matter how well you planned!
As far as the quality of Entegras are concerned, I think they are as good and probably better than any comparable coach. I’ve always looked to having “good bones” as a key, whether it is houses or motorhomes. If the structure is solid, everything else can be fixed, if not, I won’t waste my time. I think Entegra has the best “bones” in the business! The issues Entegra has had are pretty minor compared to some other still thriving manufacturers. So if anyone wants to come to my coach and talk about all the problems I’ve had, I will grab a couple of beers, sit down and educate them about the joys of motorhoming![emoji106][emoji3]
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:20 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Hey! I’m the guy in the 19 Cornerstone that had his tire (not wheel) fly off on my first trip. But you know what, I got the worst of it (hopefully) over quickly and have had many happy carefree miles. This is my forth coach and it is the best yet. Sure, we will have a few ups and downs, but I don’t see anything better out there for the money. A few bad days don’t negate the many good days! Life is short.......Enjoy the good days.
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:38 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Think of it this way - there are over 4,000 Entegra (the bigger diesels) on the road. We see big issues on maybe 40. Lots of smaller things that will go wrong on any brand but not many major issues. And the vast majority of the items - both big and small - are the result of items supplied by outside vendors. Entegra is not only the best looking, it’s also the best built. Friends who have owned both Liberty and Marathon Prevosts have more issues and lots less customer service.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:43 PM   #5

Yes, sadly, you can spend a WHOLE LOT MORE MONEY and get just as many problems...

These things are not for the faint of heart.... If you're not a "Fix-It" type person already, you are gonna become one... or you're gonna quickly become a person that used to own a motor coach.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:48 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydeal View Post
Hey! I’m the guy in the 19 Cornerstone that had his tire (not wheel) fly off on my first trip. But you know what, I got the worst of it (hopefully) over quickly and have had many happy carefree miles. This is my forth coach and it is the best yet. Sure, we will have a few ups and downs, but I don’t see anything better out there for the money. A few bad days don’t negate the many good days! Life is short.......Enjoy the good days.

And that is just how things get blown out of proportion when someone else hears about it.
Most post on the forums are asking how to fix things and that is common for Chevy trucks, Corvettes, etc. I have yet to see a motorized forum about how great everything works.
I use the forum to learn about how to prevent problems, and if one happens, know how to fix it and not be stuck waiting for someone else that knows how. That is depressing!
Read the forum to get knowledge and to plan your next trip and enjoy your MH. Remember, as posted above, things get blown out of proportion and some people seem to make problems that are not really there.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:21 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
And that is just how things get blown out of proportion when someone else hears about it.
Most post on the forums are asking how to fix things and that is common for Chevy trucks, Corvettes, etc. I have yet to see a motorized forum about how great everything works.
I use the forum to learn about how to prevent problems, and if one happens, know how to fix it and not be stuck waiting for someone else that knows how. That is depressing!
Read the forum to get knowledge and to plan your next trip and enjoy your MH. Remember, as posted above, things get blown out of proportion and some people seem to make problems that are not really there.
And that opinion coming from the person that arguably may have gotten the worst Entegra that was built! You will have to get into your wayback machine to see all of those posts!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 05:39 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
IMHO...forums in general focus on things going wrong or bad things. Most people turn to forums when they can’t figure something out, not when everything is working perfectly. I know this is a very generic statement, but if things are going as planned, owners are enjoying the coach and not on forums. This is just my opinion based on years of multiple different forums. Ok...off the soap box now. LOL!
Old 07-01-2019, 05:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
And that opinion coming from the person that arguably may have gotten the worst Entegra that was built! You will have to get into your wayback machine to see all of those posts!
Gary, you read my mind!

Personally, I think looking at internet feedback is a lot like taking a cruise and only gauging the experience from the view out your porthole.

In addition, you should realize that the visible few posters here represent a small percentage of otherwise happy users.

Yes, there are days when our coach really gets on top of me. Then I have an evening drinking a glass of wine and idly watching the images change on our electronic picture frame, and suddenly realize the vast majority are from one Motorhome trip or another.

Turn off the computer, turn on the engine, and see something interesting.

Very best wishes to you,

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:14 PM   #10

The other day at a Thousand Trails Campground near Cape Cod a fellow camper drove by and yelled "BEST IN SHOW!"
That was nice, and yes things will break and we learn and fix.
It's all fun
HouseDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:39 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Funny, I think the same as the Ron. We are new owners to a 2018 CS and hear of many issues and wonder "what did we step into" . But from our experiences and many years and miles of RV ownership we had our share of issues. I look back and have more pro's then con's. No one ever said RV ownership is easy, just fun (most times).
burt_hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:43 AM   #12

Same with new and used boats and yachts. Owned a 41' Hatteras MY for 25 years - always something needing fixed. Maintenance issues are part of the game and expected.
CaptVern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:21 AM   #13

I was once told you have to compare an RV to a house that goes through a 7.0 earthquake each time it is moved down the road. So yes new and old alike you may experience issues frequently. Also from doing a lot of reading on different forums this is where people typically post problems and not so heavy on the successes.
JLHoughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 03:13 PM   #14

We've had 4 motorhomes. The first was a Monaco Diplomat, that had zero problems. This was odd because everybody at the time said Monaco's had severe problems. hen we bought a Newmar Essex, which everybody said was a great motorhome. It was the worst motorhome we or maybe anybody has ever had. But the thing that really bothered me was that Newmar didn't care.

Then we bought a used Prevost by Millennium. It had some issues that we worked our way through - we were the 4th owners. But whenever we called Prevost, they cared. They gave us so much help, with out caring how old it was or how we were going to pay for it. A Prevost conversion is on a bus chassis, that's designed to run over the road for millions of miles. If they break and sometimes they do you can get it fixed anywhere. There are so many service centers for Prevost's. Our friends had a problem with their Prevost in Newfoundland - an Island in the Atlantic. They called Prevost who said, call xyz. they are a tour bus company in Gander. They fix it and they did.

We loved Millennium Prevost's so much we bought a new one 2018. So far it's been perfect.

We go to the Prevost West Palm Beach Expo, every year. I've seen older Prevost's in dynamite shape for $200K. Remember mileage means nothing to these these buses. If the interior doesn't suit you, there are any number of companies that will redo your interior. All for much less than the price of a new non-Prevost bus.

I would encourage people to think outside the box and consider a used Prevost conversion instead of a new non-Prevost motorhome.

I don't work for Millennium - Marathon or Liberty same thing. Good product
Road Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote