Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2017, 03:21 PM   #15

DW and I were in Texas and took an 8 hour detour to stop by MHSRV to see the AC models. I really liked the fit and finish but I am tall and the ceiling hights are not. For the price, Entegra is still at the top of our list.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2017, 03:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
I just toured the American Coach factory yesterday.........and then the finished Coach's after the build line tour...........one comment that was made was everyone's(Employee's) focus on "Quality" of the product and is talked about daily there with the employee's she said..........from what I saw, the worker's are focused on what they are doing........and doing it well!
I toured Entegra last week and was trying to work in a visit (and drive) today to American Coach but it didn't work out. Had you by chance toured Entegra? If you prefer to PM me and not further hi-jack (apologies) this thread feel free.
g00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:35 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAscubaDude View Post
DW and I were in Texas and took an 8 hour detour to stop by MHSRV to see the AC models. I really liked the fit and finish but I am tall and the ceiling hights are not. For the price, Entegra is still at the top of our list.
Seems we are the same - I too liked the fit and finish but at 6'3" (assuming you are at least that tall) I might have the same issues.
g00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:20 PM   #18

I had a 2012 American Revolution and had nothing but problems. The customer service department would only pay for a repair once, even if the second time might be a different place than the first repair (leaking roof). There were so many things breaking down on the coach that we couldn't trust it to take us anywhere. It was towed twice in the first 8000 miles. I traded it in after one year at that mileage and sure feel sorry for the person that bought it. I would never consider an AC/ Fleetwood product again. They throw them together and sell them hoping that you will pay for repairs after their crappy warranty runs out.
gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:49 PM   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
We were looking at the Tradition for 2017 and REV Group dropped it. The Revolution didn't compare to the Anthem and the Dream was too expensive.

I was a little surprised that REV didn't look to bring Tadd Jenkins on board when he left Entegra. May have given them a better shot at improving the quality issues and value perception they were having at the time with their Class A offer.

Tadd would not have gone to REV....they are on very shaky financial ground having several YEARS of supply on the ground. Why do you think they are still advertising 2017 coaches (new) on their website right along their vastly streamlined 2018 lineup? Where did the Heritage go, do you think? How about the tradition?

Good luck getting lengthy punch list items made right. They don't have many dealers, and their dealer base is shrinking.

There is a reason there is little discussion of American Coaches....they aren't selling very many, they aren't making very many, and they don't have a plethora of orders....
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:59 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Pat, the Eagle and the Heritage are close to the same Coach over the years other than option's and glitz. I toured a "Eagle Heritage Edition" that just came off the line and was sitting outside the bay doors getting final prep. So yes, the Heritage is still alive.
The 4 model's are American Eagle Heritage Edition, American Eagle, American Dream and the American Revolution.
My next visit will be to the Entegra/Newmar factory's............
Old 08-26-2017, 06:45 AM   #21

I looked at AC also. The main trouble I had was finding a good AC discussion board like Entegra or Newmar. That and the lack of dealers turned be off and we bought the Insignia. I couldn't be happier.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 07:06 AM   #22

American Coach Owners Club
The AC yahoo group is big and very active.
exgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:17 AM   #23

Fleetwood contributed greatly to the RV world for many years but they've been on shaky financial ground or a long time. Although they do look good going down the road, I didn't give them any serious consideration when I was researching the motorhome manufactures.

I do know a guy who had one and dearly loved it
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:43 AM   #24

We looked carefully at the tradition and the dream. Very nice coaches indeed. Really thought they had classy interiors and the 17's were much better quality than what I had seen from previous year AC's. Here is how we decided on Entegra over AC; We were at MHSRV in Alvarado, TX looking at Entegra and AC. The AC line up was located right along the freeway at the dealership and there was one Entegra located next to the freeway as well. We were amazed at the difference in sound levels inside the coaches. The Entegra was much quieter than the AC inside. There was no small difference here and this is when we knew what our choice would be between these two manufacturers.
swberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:24 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by swberry View Post
We looked carefully at the tradition and the dream. Very nice coaches indeed. Really thought they had classy interiors and the 17's were much better quality than what I had seen from previous year AC's. Here is how we decided on Entegra over AC; We were at MHSRV in Alvarado, TX looking at Entegra and AC. The AC line up was located right along the freeway at the dealership and there was one Entegra located next to the freeway as well. We were amazed at the difference in sound levels inside the coaches. The Entegra was much quieter than the AC inside. There was no small difference here and this is when we knew what our choice would be between these two manufacturers.
That is the perfect test
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:47 PM   #26

They are beautiful coaches, my neighbor has one and likes it, he has to as used prices are resale prices are very low compared to the big three.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:55 PM   #27

American Coach Owners Club
Happy American owner here.
In six yrs used my dealer once to electronically adjust my slide, when I first got it.
Let the factory go over it on their dime at end of warranty and hasn't been in a shop since with over 32k miles now.
Entegra was passed on at my time of purchase due to limited floorplans.
They have come along way since.
Still Happy with mine and no plans of changing.
Have fun and check them all out well.
Green D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, newmar