Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2022, 01:34 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress21 View Post
Thank you for all your help!

Currently in Orange Beach AL but we do go thru bham several times a year.

Do y’all trust Speedco to handle your coaches? Do they lube Spartan Chassis and know what they are doing? Just didn’t want the new guy first day on job to tear anything up.
I have used Speedco on the last 3 Entegras, never a problem. Changing oil is about as simple as it gets, just messy and a place to drain that amount of oil. Speedco is set up for that.
There is a Speedco 15 miles from you, call for current price. https://www.findtruckservice.com/pag...lton-fl-442491

This one advertises "Mobile Maintenance." https://www.findtruckservice.com/pag...sacola-fl-3573
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2022, 01:56 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
2018 Anthem…

Local Service shop we always use quoted us..

$4300...

Another $550...
That seems to me to be their way of suggesting to you that they're busy with other work. Were they to clear space on their schedule for you, it would cost them $4,300 of lost business from customers who have more profitable maintenance than lube and filters.

Speedco is worth checking out. I have been to a couple of Speedco's that didn't have one filter or another. I carry a full set of filters myself and have Speedco use mine which I replenish at my convenience.

Take care,
Stu
Old 03-11-2022, 02:07 PM   #17

Ouch

Can a shop be that greedy. That is a number that is hard to wrap my head around.
RamblinJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 02:08 PM   #18

Run don't walk away. That is nothing short of pure greed.
RamblinJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 02:19 PM   #19

A STRONG suggestion-- ask for an itemized list what their service includes.

Compare that with what you need done.

Quite possibly, low priced service doesn't cover everything you need done and very high priced ones may cover more than you need done.

Feel free to post a list from your manual along with mileage and time since each part/service was performed. There are many of us here who have done all our own maintenance of DP's and can likely guide you.
Old 03-11-2022, 02:26 PM   #20

Express….

Definitely, absolutely, and you can also.

They now only use Luber-Finer filters (they are good filters) , and can offer you your choice of oils. One option now is their own Loves brand, or you can get industry standard Rotella oil. If you insist on synthetic, they will sell it to you (but Rotella for me).

I buy all filters and all belts needed on my coach and always have every one in a plastic storage box in the basement. Therefore, I have a spare of every filter and belt on board if I needed something in an emergency. Each year I go to Speedco for service which they do, I give them my maximum one year old filters and they install them and give me brand new filters in return which go in the basement until next year.

I’ve had nothing but happy service from them now for ~ 100,000 miles on two coaches.

They do oil changes on semi trucks all day, every day. Annual service is all they do but they do it on semis running continuously over the road,

I do watch them like a hawk but they do a good job.

Some won’t work on a motorcoach and you pull into the bay backwards from the way semis pull in (you drive forward only, but you approach the shop from the front rather than from the rear of the shop) , but a quick call reveals all. You pull in the opposite direction simply because your engine is in the back rather than in the front.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 03:24 PM   #21
Community Moderator

Quote:
Thank you for all your help!

Currently in Orange Beach AL but we do go thru bham several times a year.

Since you live in AL you should probably check out Bay Diesel

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9900.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	358918
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 03:34 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post

Attachment 358918

I also say try Bay Diesel!!
GlenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 05:13 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post

Attachment 358918
Used them when we had our Tiffins but now we are over 6 hours away .. Red Bay is the opposite end of the state
Xpress21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 05:15 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Express….

Definitely, absolutely, and you can also.

They now only use Luber-Finer filters (they are good filters) , and can offer you your choice of oils. One option now is their own Loves brand, or you can get industry standard Rotella oil. If you insist on synthetic, they will sell it to you (but Rotella for me).

I buy all filters and all belts needed on my coach and always have every one in a plastic storage box in the basement. Therefore, I have a spare of every filter and belt on board if I needed something in an emergency. Each year I go to Speedco for service which they do, I give them my maximum one year old filters and they install them and give me brand new filters in return which go in the basement until next year.

I’ve had nothing but happy service from them now for ~ 100,000 miles on two coaches.

They do oil changes on semi trucks all day, every day. Annual service is all they do but they do it on semis running continuously over the road,

I do watch them like a hawk but they do a good job.

Some won’t work on a motorcoach and you pull into the bay backwards from the way semis pull in (you drive forward only, but you approach the shop from the front rather than from the rear of the shop) , but a quick call reveals all. You pull in the opposite direction simply because your engine is in the back rather than in the front.

Gary
Do they service Generators too? Lube Chassis?
Xpress21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 05:42 PM   #25

Of course...

Well, I should be more cautious. Some do and some dont. As i wrote in a post higher in the thread, there are locations that will not service a coach (I am told). But my experience is that the three locations I have used have been happy to service my coach.

I have not asked my local Speedco to service my Onan as I do that myself but others frequently report on this forum that they get their generators serviced at Speedco.

Again, get on the phone and call your most convenient location and ask them. I have a Speedco about 20 miles from my house (its located in Greenwood, LA along I-20) and they will do it all (again, I've never asked them to do an air filter change but Cummins service has been a no brainer. There are three in the general area of Tuscaloosa and Birmingham which I think is close to your home.

To my knowledge, they wont fuss with wheel oilers or trannies but in my opinion oilers need to be worried about when they leak. Tranny leaks are rare and you can check yourself when the engine is running from the pilots seat.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 05:47 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
I would have a set of filters on hand in case they don't have them. Last time at Speedco in Dallas area, they did not have the engine oil filter - thankfully I carry spares. I don't think they carry the Onan Generator oil and air filters, but will change them for you when they change the oil if you have them.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 05:50 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
The chassis lube part of it is where I worry about Speedco. They have people there of varying experience and I'm not convinced that they get everything that needs done and don't miss anything.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 05:58 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
The chassis lube part of it is where I worry about Speedco. They have people there of varying experience and I'm not convinced that they get everything that needs done and don't miss anything.
I take mine to a local chassis shop after a long trip for a chassis inspection, or sometime just a "complete lube" job. The lube is only $35. and they also inspect what they are lubing. They have found small problems in the past that were easily correct. Well worth the initial $35.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service