Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2016, 09:43 AM   #1

Another AquaHot "108" Pump failed

I had all 4 "105" AquaHot pumps replaced 6 months after I bought my 2015 Anthem. The "105s" were replaced with 4 "108s". Then 9 months ago, the Zone 3 AquaHot pump failed again and this time was replaced with one of the newest series Buehler pumps. Now, it appears that the Zone 2 (108") pump has also failed and will be replaced by AquaHot (Thank you AquaHot!) under warranty but I would like them to replace the Zone 1 "108" pump also since 2 of the 4 have failed already and I don't trust it.... I think that I read that AquaHot's cost on those Buehler pumps is close to $200 and it doesn't sound like they are interested in replacing the not-yet-failed #1 pump since it has not yet failed. But I don't trust it at all. Does anyone know the actual Buehler pump model number so I could look for a supplier of that exact model pump that I might be able to purchase a pump and save a few bucks? I know the AquaHot part number of the Buehler pump but that is not what I need.... I need the actual Buehler part number of the pump so I can search for it. Anyone know that number? Anyone got one sitting there that they can look at?

I think that I will also look at Roger Berk's page and Lloyd DeGerald's page and see if they have it listed.

By the way, there are now a couple of very young sounding women on the AquaHot help line (Jessica and Emily) and both of them have been very helpful and knowledgeable.... very impressed.

Gary

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2016, 09:50 AM   #2

Just did some Google searching and it might be a Buehler C20 pump. Not sure. Still need confirmation.

Gary
Old 12-29-2016, 09:58 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
That's what Cruze posted. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/how-...ml#post3365320
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:03 AM   #4

Hi Gary,

Buehler part number PLE-100-905-FRU. I got a replacement here: RV Hydronic Heater Parts

They were very competent.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:09 AM   #5

This is a pump that AH sent me a few weeks ago. My #3 pump failed Thanksgiving week. It was a Buehler.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1880.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	147722  
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:17 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tex View Post
This is a pump that AH sent me a few weeks ago. My #3 pump failed Thanksgiving week. It was a Buehler.
That is the same part number I got for my AHE-100-04S Last year, when I had a bad pump.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:26 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Gary found one here for $122. https://www.aquahotpartswarehouse.co...culation-pumps
Old 12-29-2016, 01:45 PM   #8

Thanks everyone for the responses and yes, you have it nailed. Thank you.

As it turns out, AquaHot is going to replace one (the currently failed motor) but I decided to just pay for two more motors (the first and fourth (engine heat) motors also and get the currently "good" Buehler model pumps.

Chuck.... you are right.... that was the lowest price I could find. However, I watched the guys in Tucson (Cameron Mobile RV Tech) replace pump #3 and it was a pretty big deal. The swap from a "105" to a "108" was simply takie out one pump, and stick in the other. However, the change from the "108" to a Buehler pump (German manufacturer) is a much more complicated thing. All the rubber hoses are a different size, requring different hose clamps, and even they have to be mounted differently as they are not a "bolt in" replacement from the original series of motors, so Roger Berk (RV Hydronic Heater Repair - Home) sells a full kit which contains the pump, all the new rubber hoses and clamps, a new mount, and some other things as a kit. The PLE-1-000-905-FRU part number is Roger's "kit" of items for the install and it is much more expensive ($186.00 with free shipping) but it has everything you, or anyone else, needs to switch over to the new pumps. Since my experience is that it is just a matter of time before the remaining 2 pumps that AquaHot has not replaced will fail, I went ahead and ordered two of Berk's kits and will have the first, and 4th pumps installed at my expense when the bad #2 pump is installed.

Thanks everyone for the helpful information !!

Gary
Old 12-29-2016, 01:47 PM   #9

Thanks everyone for the responses and yes, you have it nailed. Thank you.

As it turns out, AquaHot is going to replace one (the currently failed motor) but I decided to just pay for two more motors (the first and fourth (engine heat) motors also and get the currently "good" Buehler model pumps.

Chuck.... you are right.... that was the lowest price I could find. However, I watched the guys in Tucson (Cameron Mobile RV Tech) replace pump #3 and it was a pretty big deal. The swap from a "105" to a "108" was simply take out one pump, and stick in the other. However, the change from the "108" to a Buehler pump (German manufacturer) is a much more complicated thing. All the rubber hoses are a different size, requiring different hose clamps, and even they have to be mounted differently as they are not a "bolt in" replacement from the original series of motors, so Roger Berk (RV Hydronic Heater Repair - Home) sells a full kit which contains the pump, all the new size rubber hoses and clamps, a new mount, and some other things as a kit. The PLE-100-905-FRU part number is Roger's "kit" of items for the install and it is much more expensive ($186.00 with free shipping) but it has everything you, or anyone else, needs to switch over to the new pumps. The mobile tech I used in Tucson in March used all of that stuff to install the new pump. If you buy the bare pump, be prepared to find and supply all the other parts before you start. I just decided to get Berk's whole kit and be done with it. Since my experience is that it is just a matter of time before the remaining 2 pumps that AquaHot has not replaced with Buehlers will fail, I went ahead and ordered two of Berk's kits and will have the first, and 4th pumps installed at my expense when the bad #2 pump is installed.

Thanks everyone for the helpful information !!

Gary
Old 12-29-2016, 01:48 PM   #10

Larry

Thanks for that specific pix..... I am going to now try to find that exact model.

Gary
Old 12-29-2016, 03:27 PM   #11

Any idea of which pump our '17 Aspire would have come with?

Thanks,

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 03:50 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, I know the change procedure and the kit required. I worked with the Tech on mine changing all of the motors and completely flushing the system. It is a shame AH is only replacing "as needed" on the 108's. It is a pain to have to get one replaced right when you need it. I wonder what happens after warranty? I do carry the tools to use the engine heat pump as a spare. That is a pump I will probably never use and will swap it to a heat pump if I lost heat at 20 degrees. I don't blame you for doing them all now and getting it over with.

Matt, good question. It is three short 9/16 bolts to remove the AH cover and see what motors came with your 2017. If they started changing motors in the newer models, I don't know if there is a date that they started or not.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:52 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I had all 4 "105" AquaHot pumps replaced 6 months after I bought my 2015 Anthem. The "105s" were replaced with 4 "108s". Then 9 months ago, the Zone 3 AquaHot pump failed again and this time was replaced with one of the newest series Buehler pumps. Now, it appears that the Zone 2 (108") pump has also failed and will be replaced by AquaHot (Thank you AquaHot!) under warranty but I would like them to replace the Zone 1 "108" pump also since 2 of the 4 have failed already and I don't trust it.... I think that I read that AquaHot's cost on those Buehler pumps is close to $200 and it doesn't sound like they are interested in replacing the not-yet-failed #1 pump since it has not yet failed. But I don't trust it at all. Does anyone know the actual Buehler pump model number so I could look for a supplier of that exact model pump that I might be able to purchase a pump and save a few bucks? I know the AquaHot part number of the Buehler pump but that is not what I need.... I need the actual Buehler part number of the pump so I can search for it. Anyone know that number? Anyone got one sitting there that they can look at?

I think that I will also look at Roger Berk's page and Lloyd DeGerald's page and see if they have it listed.

By the way, there are now a couple of very young sounding women on the AquaHot help line (Jessica and Emily) and both of them have been very helpful and knowledgeable.... very impressed.

Gary

Gary
Gary,

I just got my Coach back with a single pump replacement, after 4 were replaced in February under warranty, ( with a previous owner). Aquahot should step up to the plate and replace these motors. They are failing at a high rate and they are choosing to ignore it until warranty's run out. I am going to send a letter to Entegra not because I believe this to be their problem, but rather to voice my concern about this vendor. Whatever the reason the Aquahot systems are failing they should make it right. This systems are suppose to be designed with an intended purpose. I would not buy a new heat pump, furnace, or boiler for my home and expect to rebuild it a second or third time within a few years. I think one of these days we will get a Class Action notice regarding Aquahot. One thing is clear unless there is an outcry from the owners Aquhot will not take any further actions.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:05 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Any idea of which pump our '17 Aspire would have come with?

Thanks,

-Matt
The 2017 Aspire comes with the Aquahot 400 D. This model has two circulation pumps only. There is no dedicated Stir Pump on the 400 D (circulator pump #2 does double duty for that function).

On my coach the two pumps are branded Cooper Standard. The hose ID is 3/4" for the input and output ports.

Hope these are reliable models, they cost more than the Buehlers so they must be, right? HaHa.

voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led