Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2016, 08:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Seems like Entegra has had a rash of failedslide-out mechanisms, etc.
I don't know about that. I had a broken cog, and I know of another user that did as well. Have not heard about a rash of failed slide out mechanisms.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2016, 09:02 PM   #16

For a temporary fix, many years ago I had a car with a lower radiator leak. Removed the radiator, and applied 5 minute epoxy to the area, both sides. Re-installed, problem solved. Just suggesting for a temporary fix to get to the repair shop. This could possibly be done without removing the radiator.
larrymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:46 PM   #17

Dan
you are less than 5 miles from Armitage Park at 90064 Coburg Rd, Eugene, OR 07408.
Nice County park with full hookups and large sites.

Hope you are back on the road soon.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:37 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
I heard the word today that Joyce has researched and reached out to Seeg to work her magic to get Seeg and the family on the road to Big Sky.

I don't know of many MH manufactures that would go to that personal touch the first thing in the morning after a long holiday weekend. I was impressed when I was asked if I knew his real name and how to get in touch with him.

Seeg, I hope Joyce was able to help, I know she was on it at 0730 this morning....Impressed me!!!!
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:48 PM   #19

Update time. Thanks to all for your concerns and suggestions. We have a major leak. Every couple of days we head over to Camping World to dump the tanks. We leave a trail both coming and going. The entire rear of our pad is saturated. Still runs though.

Our second contact w/Entegra came the morning of July 5th. My wife received a call saying they were concerned about our delay and would see what they could do about it. Presumably that call came from Joyce. Too make a long story short Cummins Coach Care will install the radiator upon receipt. I wish they would have told me that early on, Seems that's about all one could expect. According to Spartan the radiator should be here on Wed 7/6,while according to Cummins Friday the 8th. Joyce was informed Monday, July11th. The earlier the better but even the 11th works, barely. Sure would be nice to have a tracking number. I'll call Spartan and ask again tomorrow. Seems it was shipped Friday July 1st.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:16 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
You do have one of the bad leaks, for sure. Glad to hear the good news. Joyce was doing everything on her end to get Coach Care to install the radiator as soon as it arrived.
I traveled to Entegra over the 4th weekend and there were very few trucks on the road....even the truck drivers took the holiday off. I hope it arrives today.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:44 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Well, you can add us to the leaking radiator group. We pulled into our camp ground on Prince Edward Island last night and noticed dripping fluid from the rear radiator corner. We called Spartan and spoke with the tech (Dave). After describing the symptoms he said it was OK to drive, but to monitor coolant level. Spartan is aware of the issue. Apparently a small leak develops where the core meets the expansion tank (believe this is described in other posts also) We'll be at Entegra and Spartan Academy in Sept, so Dave scheduled a pressure test and subsequent repair. He said Spartan will even reimburse me for the addition coolant. Our coach was completed in Jan 16, so guess the overall radiator issue is not resolved.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:30 AM   #22

Alec

Sorry to hear that the radiator problem continues, and sorry to hear that your trip has been complicated. I had hoped they would have this permanently fixed at this point. This has to be costing someone considerable cash..... It does seem the frequency of reports has fallen.

Good luck

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 06:37 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Just an idea. Until you get fixed I wouldn't keep adding Final Charge coolant at $20/gal. They are going to need to drain the whole system during repair. If that radiator is leaking a lot, Spartan told me to use distilled water if you can't find the right coolant. At $3/jug, you can buy a lot of distilled water to get you to a repair facility. I know the boiling point of plain old water is lower, but not by much.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 06:50 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
I hate to hear that build date with the radiator issue. While I was at Camp Entegra last week, two classics had their radiators start leaking during their PDI. Lucky it happened where it did, but both had to wait for parts.

Thankfully you are headed to Spartan. I was able to return from CA to FL but my leak never showed. I sure wish they would get that problem corrected.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:06 AM   #25

Nor'easters Club
I watched our coach being built first week December 2015... Production management confirmed it had the updated radiator. NOT feeling co confidant now!
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:14 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks for the advice and words of encouragement. At least this isn't a show stopper (yet) and will get it resolved soon. We were feeling good on this caravan trip due to our lack of issues others have had: one coach caught on fire; another's have lost air bags, slide motors, inverters, ACs, etc. This stuff happens, and we deal with it. (-:
Old 08-14-2016, 09:35 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
I seriously doubt that with a build date of Jan 16 at Entegra that this coach had the updated radiator.

Depending how fast the flow of chassis in the pipeline were at the time. The chassis build date would have to be after late October or November 2015 to have the updated radiator. Spartan could tell you with the VIn # if it the update version.

Our build date from Entegra was late Dec 15 and chassis build date from Spartan was late Sept. and did not have the update version.
Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:52 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
If I owned an Entegra I would be carrying a few bottles of Irontite to use when your radiator starts to leak. That will at least get you to a facility to have a new one installed. I drove from Northern British Columbia to Gadsden AL over 5000 miles last fall when my radiator decided to leak while coming down the Cassier Highway from Alaska traveling to the lower 48. The Irontite was a life savior.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radiator