Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2022, 08:22 PM   #1

Another slide issue

Looking for some help. I have a 22 Entegra 30Z bought new approx a year ago. Slides have had no issues until today including recent camping trip three weeks ago. I went out today to winterize it and neither slide will move. I tried on battery, generator, coach running not running and even plugged into shore power. I believe there are two controllers so I am guessing they did not both go out. Any thoughts where to start troubleshooting? I still have a year of warranty but don’t want to take it in and find something simple….
Gadget-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2022, 07:05 AM   #2

On our '21 Esteem, which is a first or second cousin of your coach, there are four fuses that could be related to the slide systems. I only say could, because I've not chased them down and the coach documentation offers no help.

On our coach, in the fuse panel, the #1 fuse is a 30 amp marked as belonging to the main slide and the tank heat for tanks #2 and #3, whichever is which.

The #2 fuse is a 30 amp marked as belonging to the bed slide and the tank heat for tank #1.

The #4 fuse is a 15 amp marked as belonging to the monitor panel (which I'm guessing is the power for the panel on the end of the overhead cabinet by the entry door), the kitchen lights and the water pump. That fuse may include power to the control system for BOTH slides, since both slide have a control switch at that location. THIS IS THE ONE I MIGHT SUSPECT as being bad.

The #12 fuse is a 15 amp marked as belonging to the refrigerator, LP alarm, radio and slide switch. That slide switch could be the two on the monitor panel by the door, as well, or it could just be for the slide switch for the bed slide which is a stand-alone. I think the part of that fuse's circuit that runs up the D/S feeds the LP detector and the radio, which I believe to be mounted under the dash, in the cab. I think the part that runs across then up the P/S feeds the refrigerator and possibly the slide switches on the monitor panel. IT COULD BE THE CULPRIT, as well.

I'd check the #4 and the #12 fuses, or any others that may be marked and referring to either the slides or the monitor panel. But the monitor panel is where both slides share some common real estate.

Good luck, and let us know how you make out. Cheers, and look forward to a ton of great RV'ing in 2023!!
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 07:23 AM   #3

Go to the one of the controllers and see if you have power. Did you try to cycle your battery disconnect switch. Do you have a voltmeter or test light to check the fuses in the fuse panel?
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 01:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dowdle View Post
Go to the one of the controllers and see if you have power. Did you try to cycle your battery disconnect switch. Do you have a voltmeter or test light to check the fuses in the fuse panel?
I have a volt meter. I did cycle the main power will try again. As for controllers I need to try and find them.. I will head back out to Rv tomorrow and look.
Gadget-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 05:47 PM   #5

Hoping you have resolved this by now but if not…how about the basics. On my coach the engine has to be stopped and the ignition key off. My system also requires the parking brake to be set. I only ask because I have tripped up on these very issues before.
Hope you got it.
Old 11-11-2022, 05:57 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra only requires key off to extend slides. Usually retract while running since I just finished leveling the rig.
Later...
Ray
RayandWendy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide