Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2016, 10:01 PM   #15

Another thing to inspect on your Aquahot

I have a problem with why current AH products fail so much. My 450DE has only required the annual PM.
The clamps, hoses, gorilla tape, et al escapades really make me wonder! Who is fooling who, and when will the saga end? There sure is a lot of makeshift guesswork owner fixes going on.
Happy Trails!

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2016, 02:46 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
At Middlebury for my 2 year PDI. One of the things on the list was replacing the #3 stir pump on my Aquahot for the 3rd time. During the inspection, Entegra discovered the the #4 engine preheat pump had also failed. It is interesting, considering I had all four pumps replaced in September as part of the pump "upgrade" Aquahot was doing. What is more interesting is that I never have turned on the preheat circuit - ever! How does a brand new pump that was never used fail.
What is obvious to me is that Aquahot still has some serious pump vendor problems. Perhaps they should consider not trying to save $.35 a pump by having them built in China and find a supplier here who will build a reliable pump for a few cents more. When will some businesses ever learn?

OK, I will get off my soap box now.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:04 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Ralph, your "new" pumps that were replaced before the PDI, were they the square 108's or the new round Buhler's? So far I have not heard of any problems with the Buhlers and I hope it stays that way.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:24 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
My disappearing fluid was the hose going from the reservoir to the top of the AH. It split where the clamps were (twice). Finally, Cherokee replaced the hose with one that can take the heat. So far, so good - knock on wood. It wasn't the clamp, but the clear - very cheap hose itself that was the problem.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:27 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
If Ralph's current failed pumps are the round ones - we are all screwed.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:42 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Lynn, Thanks for pointing that out. The AH tech when he replace my motors said to change that top hose when it started turning dark in color as they get brittle. There is better quality hose available at Lowe's or Home Depot. The next time I replace mine, it will be with the braided clear hose.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:37 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
One more thing on the hose replacement. The AH tech said the factory hose should probably be replace at the first annual maintenance as the quality is not that good that they will last much longer.

In my area, Lowe's and Ace still sell the hose in 1 foot lengths, but Home Depot is complete rolls only.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:38 AM   #22

Is there a reason for the hose to be clear?

A regular heater hose available at any auto parts store would be able to take the heat, and the century fluid level could still be checked in the reservoir.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:04 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve COH View Post
Is there a reason for the hose to be clear?

A regular heater hose available at any auto parts store would be able to take the heat, and the century fluid level could still be checked in the reservoir.

No need for it to be clear. We replaced ours with a black heater hose.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:49 AM   #24

I had my #3 stir pump replaced for the second time yesterday. I have been dealing with intermittent problems of not enough hot water to take anything but a short shower. The last time, AH replaced all 4 pumps. That was 6 months into a new coach. Now, interestingly, 6 months later, the #3 stir pump was gone again. This time, AH was willing to replace ONLY the #3 pump. The box that came with the new pump (Buhler) was filled with an amazing array of plastic and rubber pipes, pipe clamps, etc etc. This was a much bigger deal this time than it was last time. The tech was very knowledgeable about AH. He drained all the boiler fluid (starting to turn blacker.... now a dark green) with an electric pump and then had the pump out in ~ 5 minutes. He then pumped the boiler fluid back in and had me put the temp up to 100 in all 3 zones and run it continuously until there were no bubbles coming into the expansion tank.

The one message that I thought that I would convey is that he said it was very important to always have the level of Century fluid in the expansion tank up to the top line when the system was hot. He said any below that top line was a problem and would stress the pumps. Just FYI

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:18 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
No need for it to be clear. We replaced ours with a black heater hose.
With a black hose, you wouldn't see the fluid turning dark and so you wouldn't worry so much!
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 12:04 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Black is the "new" approved Aqua Hot fluid color. Might as well get a hose to match.

Gary,
I was also told that AH was only changing motors on an "as needed" basis. If you have the old square motors and they go out one at a time, that will be 4 service calls to get the AH up to standard with Buhler motors. I guess that might change, but who know?
Old 03-30-2016, 01:16 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
I just looked at my reservoir tank .. my fluid is green again ... used to be very dark brown. The only difference is the replacement of that cheap hose from the tank to the top of the aqua hot. Wonder if the deterioration of that hose is what causes the fluid to turn brown and get gooky? Anyway ... it's a thought.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:35 PM   #28

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Black is the "new" approved Aqua Hot fluid color. Might as well get a hose to match.

Gary,
I was also told that AH was only changing motors on an "as needed" basis. If you have the old square motors and they go out one at a time, that will be 4 service calls to get the AH up to standard with Buhler motors. I guess that might change, but who know?
That's true. Experienced it last month. Actually the AH mobile tech was going to replace mine with another 108 and had me call AH when I said no. Reluctantly AH agreed to send me a Buhler no charge.. Only way I could get another was to buy it for $185.

I only have two pumps so am waiting for the remaining 108 to fail. I don't think it will be to long before I call Ah for another one.
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote