Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2016, 06:37 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Another thing to inspect on your Aquahot

Topped up my antifreeze on my Aquahot yesterday. This morning, I found a puddle of fluid under the unit, not under the overflow pipe. Discovered that there was a crack in the formerly clear hose that runs from the reservoir to the Aquahot. It is obvious to me that this hose degraded due to the high temperatures it is exposed to. I cut the hose above the break and reattached the hose. However, it is my intention to replace this hose with an appropriately sized heater hose in short order.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2016, 05:43 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippsfl View Post
Topped up my antifreeze on my Aquahot yesterday. This morning, I found a puddle of fluid under the unit, not under the overflow pipe. Discovered that there was a crack in the formerly clear hose that runs from the reservoir to the Aquahot. It is obvious to me that this hose degraded due to the high temperatures it is exposed to. I cut the hose above the break and reattached the hose. However, it is my intention to replace this hose with an appropriately sized heater hose in short order.
Thanks ... might have to check that. Our AQ seems to drink Century fluid. I've added a gallon over 5 days and there is no fluid in the reservoir. AQ seems to work fine, the fluid just leaves within 2-6 hours. Have an appointment with Cherokee Farms next week to diagnose and fix.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:22 AM   #3

Post what you find as I have added close to a gallon also. Fluid is coffee color.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:57 AM   #4

Had same problem twice! Both times at the clamp going into AH. Will replace with reinforced pe hose.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:16 AM   #5

Remember when adding fluid to Hydro-Hot it is 2 parts distilled water and 1 part Hydro-Hot coolant.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:02 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
Remember when adding fluid to Hydro-Hot it is 2 parts distilled water and 1 part Hydro-Hot coolant.
The Century fluid I have is already pre mixed ... you don't add any H2O. And it was sent to me by Entegra.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:51 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Ralph, I picked up a tip from the AH tech yesterday when he changed my fluid. He said when the hose got dark in color to change it. He said they get dark and brittle from the heat. The hose can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowe's. Thanks for posting the heads up.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 01:42 PM   #8

Also easy on the clamp snug and check 4 leaks later if they are to tight they will cut that hose mine did, I put a thicker clamp with less pressure seems better
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:26 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Update: the "temporary" repair I mentioned in my first post proved to be very temporary. Hose failed in 2 days. Have replaced hose with a clear braided hose and, as mentioned by johnnyreno, have replaced clamps with wider ones. Originals appeared th cut into tubing. We will see how it holds up.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:26 AM   #10

What is the inside diameter of the hose?
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:32 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Pretty sure by looking at it, it was 5/8. The tech had a roll of it on his truck. He said it was a normal change item when he did service with badly discolored hoses.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:43 AM   #12

After mine split the replacement clamp cut into it in a few days. So went to the constant tension s/s clamp and so far so good but I think the braided hose is the way to go.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:05 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Well the hose seems to work. Only problem is that the #3 stir pump failed. That would be the second one in 6 months. Heading to Middlebury soon, Entegra said they would change it out. I hope this is not an ongoing problem.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:39 PM   #14

I will frequently tear strips of duct or gorilla tape and wrap the hose under where the clamp goes. Does seem to protect the hose.
midasman is offline   Reply With Quote