Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2015, 07:03 PM   #71

Entegra Owners Club
[QUOTE=brianw8602;2844592]Update on Aqua-Hot repair.

I looked at the paperwork that came with the replacement pumps. Included was a Technical Service Bulletin dated 2 SEP 2015, TSB No: S-163. The title of the TSB is "GRI Pump Replacement" with the following information provided-

Affected Product Range: Model-AHE-450-DE4

Serial Numbers Identified-A450-130596 to A450-141569

CONDITION SUMMARY

Situation: This bulletin provides technical information regarding the replacement of zone heating pumps on certain Aqua-Hot models. Only those heater models identified in the Affected Product Range section are affected by this bulletin:

Brian[/QUOTE

My AH motors are also in the range of the numbers listed above, but after calling AH I was told that not all of these pump numbers are affected and automatically being changed out. They stated that only if I had a current pump failure they would then replace all the pumps. I told him I've already had two stir pumps go out in the last 6 months and my coach just turned one year old, he said the current AH policy that just came out in the last two weeks states there's nothing he could do until I had a pump failure. .
Chuck, this is probably why they are not giving you new pumps.....Al
AlKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2015, 07:16 PM   #72

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Curiosity got me to look under my 2016 Anthem and all of my clamps are the worm gear type. Looks like they might have started using them on the 16's.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:37 PM   #73
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL57 View Post
Curiosity got me to look under my 2016 Anthem and all of my clamps are the worm gear type. Looks like they might have started using them on the 16's.

My 15 Anthem built in Nov '14 timeframe had proper clamps from the factory with 2 sets of QC marks on them.

rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:13 PM   #74

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Ronny, did you check the clamps on the back side of the AH? They are behind a carpeted board on the back side of the AH. Those are the spring clamps that have been letting go. I hope they are screw clamps now.

The clamps on the engine hoses on mine are screw clamps, but not where those hoses connect to the AH.

Let us know if they are screw clamped on the 2016 Anthems.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 05:56 AM   #75

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Chuck, Those are the ones I checked. They were all the screw type.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:04 AM   #76

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Chuck, Those are the ones I checked. They were all the screw type.
GREAT! Nice to see the new MH's coming out with the correct clamps. I thought you had check the clamps on the engine hoses when you said under the MH.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:14 AM   #77

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
There was a small window the first part of 2015 with the hose clamp issue, I know first hand. I spoke with AH at FMCA Madison, and was pretty point blank, what the h*** happened? They had been using the same clamps from the start, it had a spring tensioner on the screw for an automatic constant tension. At that time the water pressure off the engine was 12 pounds. The first of 2015 Cummins upped the pressure to 90 pounds off of that port, and AH says Cummins didn't tell anyone, not Entegra or AH. It took about 2000 miles for it to cut loose...........That's their side of the story. An unfortunate miss communication between manufacturers, I can see how that could happen. The hose clamps were the FIRST thing I checked on my 2016, and they are the new ones.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:22 AM   #78

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Now, to be clear, it's only for the hose off the engine that comes into the back of the AH and then another one off the AH returning to the engine.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:24 AM   #79

Entegra Owners Club
Smitty, not to doubt AH, but the dates are a little off. The 2014's came with just spring clams and they were popping loose on the back of the AH unit. AH issued a recall on the Cornerstone, but the Anthems had to change their own.

I spoke with an AH rep at the Tampa rally and they blamed Entegra. Entegra blamed AH saying they are the ones to spec the clamps. I had already changed mine after hearing of the problems.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:56 PM   #80

My 2014 Anthem came with the spring clamps and I changed them long ago, they started leaking in the first 6000 miles as I recall.

What I didn't know was that the radiator had a slow leak as well. Spartan discovered it at the factory as we came up on the end of the warranty. Had a tiny leak (seepage really) that was only detectable with a flashlight by sticking your head up inside the radiator shroud between fan blades. Thanks Spartan, for finding that, you saved me a bundle. They also found a number of other issues and took care of them on that visit. Hooray for the $125 inspection and for Spartan factory techs...awesome.

BTW, Entegra replaced my AH pumps during a service visit there because of the TSB. Didn't say anything about having to wait for a pump failure, they just went ahead and replaced them.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #81

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Ronny, did you check the clamps on the back side of the AH? They are behind a carpeted board on the back side of the AH. Those are the spring clamps that have been letting go.
How do you get to them?
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:45 PM   #82

Entegra Owners Club
Remove the board, it is attached with "L" brackets.