I have a new to me 2015 Anthem 42DEQ. She is in great shape, her previous owner took great care of her. They mostly camped in RV parks, as we do a fair amount of dry camping.
Itís an age old story, the batteries barely make it thru they night.
Mine are getting near end of life, and they are actually the originals from new. Kind of impressive. Well I want to upgrade to 900 AH of LifePo4 (Lithium). Started researching and looking at my battery compartment and associated wiring.
I was a bit dismayed at the quality of the house battery wiring done by Entegra. A bit of a mess by may standards and some installation errors. Plus I didnít like how they connected the inverters to the system. The 2800 w inverter can pull some serious amps.
So first task, upgrade the house battery power distribution system in preparation for lithium batteries.
I chose to install the Victron Energy Lynx power distribution system. Itís a really slick system, that will really improve the performance of the 12 volt power system. I also had to reconfigure the battery compartment so that when the lithium batteries are installed the compartment will be sealed and insulated to ensure that the batteries donít get below freezing. It came out really well and the Cerbo GX gives me all kinds on data on the system.
I also replaced the solar controllers over the entry door with a Victron unit as well. It networks into the Victron Cerbo GX as well.
A few other goodieís, a battery disconnect switch and a solar sub panel (not pictured) with breakers to disconnect the solar if needed.
During the upgrade, I cut about 25í of excess cable out. That should cure a bit of voltage drop.
Let me know what you all think. It took about 4 days to get this done.
Here are some before and after pictures.