Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alshamu1 View Post
I always start the engine first to air the system before I retract the jacks. Once there is adequate air, I turn the engine off and hit retract. This way the coach won't end up without air in the system. I then bring the slides in. This has worked every time I have left a campground without fail.
Personally, I think you actually lose some air raising the jacks without having the engine running. I know if I raise my jacks without power, the air valves open in the bags and air comes out. So try an experiment. Air up like you normally do, shut off the engine and pull up the jacks. Before pulling in the slides, go outside and see if you can see the tops of your front tires. I bet you can't which means your system has lost air. If you start back up, put the engine in fast idle and go outside, you can actually see the front end raise as it fills the bags to full. Once they are full, it's safe to bring in the slides. I'm curious to hear what you experience visually.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #44

I just start the engine, let it air up, raise jacks, pull in slides(engine running), unplug electric and roll it up, do last walk around and take off( of course, water hose rolled up, antennas down, cable unplugged and rolled etc before starting engine. That's just me and how I do it.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
For those that didn't read my post after I talked to Entegra CS this is it:

I just talked to Jacob at Entegra CS. The main reason for my call was my leak but I also discussed jacks and slides. They have put together a PDF for an arrival and departure procedure that he is emailing to me. It will be added to future Owner Manuals as a tear-out that can be pasted on the dash.

Several people have been right on with the process:

Always operate slides with the coach at "ride height."

1. Arrival
A. Open slides
B. Turn off engine
C. Level coach

2. Departure
A. Start engine at high idle to allow suspension to inflate
B. Retract jacks after ride height is achieved
C. Retract slides

I told him the book was a little contradictory with a specific note that said the ignition key should be off to operate the jacks. He said that must be why they have so many customer complaints about rough ride; they are retracting jacks prior to the bags being fully inflated and they never get there.

I will post the PDF when I get it.

I haven't gotten the PDF yet, I will check tomorrow.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
I just talked to Jacob again; the PDF is in revision and he will send it to me as soon as it is released.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #47

I now have a 2013 cornerstone with the Hadley air system. I never lose air. When I had a 2012 anthem, I lost air all the time. That was problem well documented with the anthems.
Alshamu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
What do you mean when you say you "Lost air"?
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #49

Its fun reading the comments from people that never go outside the campground.

In my real world, many times I have to level the coach first because I never know if it will even get level due to the terrain where I have to park. I have to add blocks at times, and even attempting to put the slides out with the coach leaning to one side facing downhill would be a joke. I have never had a problem extending the slides with the jacks down. Their is the campground way, and the boondocking way.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
What do you mean when you say you "Lost air"?
The Cornerstone has a Hadley Air Leveling System. You can level your coach once on site with the Hadley System and never have to put you jacks down, so they tell me. For the Anthem, the front bags will slowly deflate/lose air after the engine is shut off, eventually almost appearing to "kneel". Whether this is a "problem", I don't know. I don't think anything is physically hurt by it, and I have seen a line of Anthems in the holding area at Middleburg that are "kneeling"...so evidently they don't think it is a problem either.

Once you place your jacks down, the air system deflates, lowering the coach to the initial height of the jacks; then the leveling process begins. I've had a couple of times when the site was so unlevel that the jacks couldn't get it done automatically. When that happens, I just adjust manually, until the bathroom door doesn't swing, and the dishwasher drawer holds in position steady (and using a level, I've found that my approach is a good layman's way of leveling without a level). Never needed additional blocks. A couple of times I've had one of my front tires almost completely off the ground.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:09 PM   #51

DSL,

My Anthem kneels if I back in and shut down. If I pull straight in or put the coach in drive till its at full pressure, it will sit level. My theory is the tag dump in reverse causes the kneeling. No data to support this just experience with the coach sometimes being on the ground while other times its level.
MSMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #52

Entegra Owners Club
Could be...I almost always use the jacks, unless I'm dry camping for one night and the parking lot is level.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #53

Thanks for your suggested solutions. I was having the lack of air building up. One short move without air was enough. With your suggestions I will change the order.

Thanks,
Robert
Robertk786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Entegra told me to start the motor, hit ALL RETRACT, wait for jacks then put in slideouts to break camp. There is a solenoid for the air system that needs the ignition to cycle to at least ON and the jacks can benefit from the 12V power from the alternator.

My dealer missed that step in the delivery; very harsh ride. I called Spartan and they told me the same thing....start the motor, hit retract-all, wait for jacks to retract and the chassis to air up, then drive off into the sunset.

You should only need to hit the button once.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:05 AM   #55

I did the same before reading forums.
Robertk786 is offline   Reply With Quote