Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #1

Anthem low fuel light

Just got back from great trip with family to ft wilderness disney. Been going for years--best weather ever

For first time, I drove until low fuel light came on .
Filled up 10 miles later and it took 117 gallons. I had mentally calculated that I had 30 gallons left ( which is as close as I want to get!). I am normally one of those people who fill up at 100 gallons used or less but today , when I had gone about 100 gallons worth , the normally crying grandchild was asleep and I decided to not risk waking her up.

My question-- has anybody else run to the low fuel light ? If so, how much was left in the tank?

What is the most fuel anybody has put into their tank? Wonder if it is truly 150 gallons and how much is useable?

Tom Volk
2013 anthem deq
tvolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvolk View Post
Filled up 10 miles later and it took 117 gallons.
Tom, I had the exact same experience, and I also took 117 gallons. Now that I know this I am prepared to go another 50 to 100 miles after the light comes on if need be.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvolk View Post
Just got back from great trip with family to ft wilderness disney. Been going for years--best weather ever

Filled up 10 miles later and it took 117 gallons. I had mentally calculated that I had 30 gallons left ( which is as close as I want to get!). I am normally one of those people who fill up at 100 gallons used or less but today , when I had gone about 100 gallons worth , the normally crying grandchild was asleep and I decided to not risk waking her up.

My question-- has anybody else run to the low fuel light ? If so, how much was left in the tank?

What is the most fuel anybody has put into their tank? Wonder if it is truly 150 gallons and how much is useable?

Tom Volk
2013 anthem deq
Aspire here, but I can attest the fuel light is very very conservative. My night came on nd I still had 25 gallons in my 100 gallon fuel tank. Its off by almost 1/4 a tank at times.
Mario-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Tom,

Been there with the light twice. First time took on 116 gallons right after light went on. Next time I got stuck on the way to Spartan with no fuel stops. Drove about 35 miles with the light on, before finding a CITGO with a diesel pump I could get into, barely, and took on 126 gallons. That's the last time I'll sweat it out. When it gets to a quarter...and never lower, I'll be filling up (while leaning more towards stopping at a half).

By the way...continues to reinforce, if you note the difference of 35 miles and 10 gallons, that fuel gages can't be trusted!
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #5

Fuel

Dave and all

I absolutely hate worrying about fuel. One of the reasons I bought the anthem wa the 150 gallon fuel compared to my last 2 dp at 100 gallons

I would get a 250 gallon tank if I could.

Today, I was returning from Florida on 75 so I knew I was not far from fuel. I pull a jayco trailer 25' long ( daughters camper) and I only use truck stops for refueling. I know you (dave) pull your long pick up truck and probably are almost as long as my set up. The idea of having to scramble for,fuel causes me too much stress--so my normal goal is to have enough fuel on board at all times to be stuck for 24 hours and be able to run the generator . My normal fill,up,is 80 gallons unless I am on a major highway like 75.

Anyway--thanks to all for the input. Still wonder how much of the 150 is usable?

Ps--I never trust a fuel gauge or the on board computer telling me how many miles are left. The girl that cuts my hair once complained to me that she ran out of gas in her car --and the computer told her she still had 15 miles to empty. She took the car back to the dealer and complained . I made no comment since she was holding sharp scissors close to my face.
tvolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan says 10% unusable. My experience at a 126 gallon refill says that must be pretty close, with a 150 gallon tank. That 126 gallon refill was painful with a slow speed pump!
Old 12-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #7

I try to operate that it is just as cheap to burn the top half as the bottom half of the tank so I top it off whenever I see fuel at a decent price on the gas buddy.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #8

The fuel gauge in my Cornerstone K-2 was so erratic I would calculate fuel stops with MPG after fill up along with this site Find The Cheapest Truck Stop - TruckMaster Fuel Finder
worked so good I still do it to keep from getting the diesel bath.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan CS can give you the design specs on useable fuel and low fuel light quantities. As I recall, the useable number is in gallons and the light is in percentage. Its on my list of things to nail down when we attend the "Academy" next spring.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Good luck...still waiting on the answer from Big Mike...it's kinda, well, around, somewhere around, near...bottom line...play like 10% and 15 gallons on the Anthem.

You can even remind Big Mike that he never gave our class a final number last year...maybe that'll work. Supposedly they did a study on Aspire 100 gallon tank...kinda strange to me...seems if you know the length of the intake into the tank, you know the size and thus the volume per inches from the bottom up in the tank...I'm not sure what there is to study other than high school geometry. Kinda funny really; just sayin'

Tags
fuel