Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Anthem retrofit with air leveling?

Anybody ever ask or get estimates for retrofitting an Anthem/Aspire with an air leveling system? I realize the Cornerstone is a different chassis but it seems to me the air leveling systems should be similar. I don't know if the Anthem/Aspire would require a Hadley system or if you could use an Equalizer system to integrate with the hydraulic jacks. Anybody hear any cost estimates?
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2014, 08:27 PM   #2

There is a post on the tiffin forum where someone had it installed on a dutchstar. I think he posted like 5k out the door.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:29 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Maybe the Travel Supreme folks might have some insight also?
Old 04-14-2014, 08:54 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I actually had it scheduled to be done, then changed my mind. Hadley will not do retrofits. But HWH will do it at their plant in Moscow, IA for a little over $5,000. It takes about three days. You need to make an appointment well in advance. I had an appointment to have it done but decided not to do it when I read online reports about poor service response times by HWH. But they have thousands of OEM installed systems on viarious brands such as Monaco and Country Coach. They also offer their upscale Active Air system which costs nearly 10k and takes a week to install. The Active Air is designed to improve ride and handling in addition to air levelling when parked.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:40 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
$5000...maybe, $10,000...ouch. That'd buy a lot of diesel fuel for the conveinence of not shaking the martini.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:50 PM   #6

I have air leveling on my monaco. I am really looking forward to having jacks again when my Anthem shows up. I think it all depends on where you are camping. Soft ground the air takes the cake. However if the ground is really uneven it wont work. Also I cant stand how much the coach moves when someone is walking around inside the coach. The best would be to have both air and jacks
Old 04-15-2014, 06:36 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
The Hadley Air System does not replace the mechanical jacks in the Cornerstone. It is for on road use mostly and short term parking. When not running, the air system will bleed down after time and there is no auxiliary air source to keep the coach aired up with the Hadley System.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:10 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Hmm... HWH air levelling has an electric pump with which it keeps air levelling indefinately when parked.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Hmm... HWH air levelling has an electric pump with which it keeps air levelling indefinately when parked.

That is correct. The pump runs off and on to keep everything level as air bleeds off.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:44 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Anyway, I contacted Hadley about a year and a half ago and ask if they had an add-on system (aux air compressor) that would keep the air system aired up so you could use the air leveling long term. At that time they said they did not offer such a system or promote an aftermarket add-on. Sad, if HWH offers such a system it would be nice to have as a second choice.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:05 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
There are many aftermarket compressors available. If you wish to operate off 12 volt Viair is a good brand, capable of 200 PSI @ 100% duty cycle. Choose what pressure you wish to maintain with the pressure switch selection.

I got tired of moving my 12 volt system from camper to camper so I finally purchased a small self contained 110 volt Craftsman, much easier to transplant.
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling