Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Anthem Samsung TV Question

Are any of the Samsung TV's in the Anthem Smart TV's? Mine will be in the RBQ. Need to know if my new (Santa will bring) Samsung tablet will link with the TV.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, I don't think so (at least not in 2013), but compared to the coach price adding a smart TV seems like a great idea that won't set you back too much.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Are any of the Samsung TV's in the Anthem Smart TV's? Mine will be in the RBQ. Need to know if my new (Santa will bring) Samsung tablet will link with the TV.
The main TV in our 2013 Aspire is a smart TV. It does use a USB dongle to connect with the internet via wi-fi. I brought the dongle from our S&B 2011 Samsung Smart TV to use when we are traveling. We also have a Samsung Galaxy Note that also connects with wi-fi. We use PDANet app on my smartphone as a hotspot/lan. We can see the Note on the network via that setup. Without getting into that whole wi-fi signal strength discussion, that setup is what works for us.
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #4

Just so you know...the Tab will come with the PEEL remote app which gives you a lot of functionality as a remote device without needing the TV to be smart. Check it out here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.peel.app
Old 12-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Guess I need to pull out the manuals...never occurred to me that it might. I know it was never explained or noted in the materials outright as a SmartTV.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
The main TV in our 2013 Aspire is a smart TV. It does use a USB dongle to connect with the internet via wi-fi. I brought the dongle from our S&B 2011 Samsung Smart TV to use when we are traveling. We also have a Samsung Galaxy Note that also connects with wi-fi. We use PDANet app on my smartphone as a hotspot/lan. We can see the Note on the network via that setup. Without getting into that whole wi-fi signal strength discussion, that setup is what works for us.
Just the info I was looking for, thanks. I have a new Samsung smart TV in the S&B and I am not aware of it having a dongle. It connected to my network without any problem. Maybe it has one and I don't know about it.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Okay, just for dumb people like me, what is a Smart TV? What can I do with it beyond watching football or movies?
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Okay, just for dumb people like me, what is a Smart TV? What can I do with it beyond watching football or movies?
You can surf the net, get Netflix, Facebook, custom weather reports, and about 25 other Internet related things. If you don't have a smart tv you can make it one with certain Samsung Bluray units or a littie box called a Rokur 3 (not sure of the spelling). In either case it is a lot cheaper ($ @ 100.) than replacing the tv, IMHO
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:00 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
I'm guessing all the Smart TV features require a pretty decent internet connection. I rarely have a high speed connection at places I stop. I suppose they are out there but I'm thinking my Verizon hotspot wouldn't 't cut it.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:37 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
In addition to what others have mentioned, the reason I wanted to know about the Samsung Smart TV is that the new Samsung tablets will link with a Samsung SmartTV. The TV can become the monitor for your small 10 inch tablet screen. My neighbor showed me this on his Samsung yesterday. I don't have enough bandwidth to stream anything from the TV, but it would be nice to have a 48 inch wireless monitor. We take a LOT of trip pictures and it would be nice not to have to run a 15 foot HDMI cable like we do now from my laptop to view them on the big screen. It is amazing what wireless technology can do, much I am not even aware of.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post

Just the info I was looking for, thanks. I have a new Samsung smart TV in the S&B and I am not aware of it having a dongle. It connected to my network without any problem. Maybe it has one and I don't know about it.
You may have the dongle/adapter integrated into your newer tv. The dondle/wifi adapter can be ordered on the Samsung website:

http://m.samsung.com/us/video/tvs-ac...WIS12ABGNX/XAA
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
You may have the dongle/adapter integrated into your newer tv. The dondle/wifi adapter can be ordered on the Samsung website:

LinkStick
Thank you, I have bookmarked in case it is needed. However, I checked my S&B 2013 model Samsung SmartTV and it is connected to my home Wifi and I could not see any dongle on the TV connections. I have a feeling it is built in, at least I hope so. I'll have my techy neighbor come over when the Anthem arrives and set it all up.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #13

I will try my daughters Samsung tablet when she arrives home. I did connect my AppleTV to my TV. It works great and I can access Hulu, Netflix, pictures, ect. I use AirPlay to put thing on my screen from my iPhone, iPad or MacBook.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally View Post
I will try my daughters Samsung tablet when she arrives home. I did connect my AppleTV to my TV. It works great and I can access Hulu, Netflix, pictures, ect. I use AirPlay to put thing on my screen from my iPhone, iPad or MacBook.
Great, let me know if her Samsung tablet works. What you are doing with your Apple TV is just what I want to be able to do with the Samsung TV and the Tablet. Santa hid mine and won't let me try it