Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2014, 02:47 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Our model and our colors, wishing you a speedy melt to the snow and ice.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2014, 03:19 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
I couldn't take it anymore. I had to brave the winter to get this figured out. My many day dreams over the months asking "is it the table" or "is it the chairs. I braved the winter on the first day above freezing since December. I had to find out. I was driven. I drove to the storage place. Went in. They had just plowed. I came to our slot and there she was. It was pitiful, no respectable motorhome should be treated this way. (see pictures) As sad as the scene was I couldn't dwell on it. I opened the doors and proceeded to measure. Alas, the answer. IT'S THE CHAIRS. The table is 29 1/2 to 30 inches, standard table height, OK. The chairs are 18 inches at the top of the cushion with no one sitting in it. The top of the seat frame is only 16 inches. Two inches short of the standard 18. The seat cushion is quite soft and compresses about two inches just by hand. The result, the seat level is two or more inches short depending on how far the cushion is depressed into the frame. This is Amish furniture? I thought they knew what they were doing. Now we have to replace the chairs with some that are the correct height. I am also going to take the suggestion of getting chairs that rotate because of the confined space between the table and the refer.
I'm not sure you should post these pictures because I do believe that there is a law against leaving a beautiful coach like that in the snow. Just sayin!!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:37 PM   #17

Quote:
I couldn't take it anymore. I had to brave the winter to get this figured out. My many day dreams over the months asking "is it the table" or "is it the chairs. I braved the winter on the first day above freezing since December. I had to find out. I was driven. I drove to the storage place. Went in. They had just plowed. I came to our slot and there she was. It was pitiful, no respectable motorhome should be treated this way. (see pictures) As sad as the scene was I couldn't dwell on it. I opened the doors and proceeded to measure. Alas, the answer. IT'S THE CHAIRS. The table is 29 1/2 to 30 inches, standard table height, OK. The chairs are 18 inches at the top of the cushion with no one sitting in it. The top of the seat frame is only 16 inches. Two inches short of the standard 18. The seat cushion is quite soft and compresses about two inches just by hand. The result, the seat level is two or more inches short depending on how far the cushion is depressed into the frame. This is Amish furniture? I thought they knew what they were doing. Now we have to replace the chairs with some that are the correct height. I am also going to take the suggestion of getting chairs that rotate because of the confined space between the table and the refer.
You may want to take a measurement from the top of your knees/thighs to the bottom of the table in order to establish available clearance. This will give you an idea how much taller your chair can be. Don't forget that if the chair has arms they will need to clear the bottom of the table.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
I'm not sure you should post these pictures because I do believe that there is a law against leaving a beautiful coach like that in the snow. Just sayin!!

There should be a law and I should be flogged. Word to wise. Don't ever retire in the middle of winter if you live in the northern tier. It's pure torture.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:05 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Don't ever retire in the middle of winter if you live in the northern tier. It's pure torture.

I sure look forward to that day but I will remember to avoid the winter
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:20 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
I tied a snow shovel to the hood of the car. Left North Idaho and drove south 'til some guy said "What's that?" Now we're in AZ
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote