Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #1

Anthem Test Drive

My daughter has US Soccer training camp in Casa Grande Sports Complex Dec 12-15th. Decided to drive the coach and stay at Casa Grande RV Park while she is at training camp. Drove to LD Tucson to look & drive some Entegra coaches today. They had a couple 2014 Athem's and one Aspire. They had one 14 cornerstone that was special ordered but I was able to go inside and take a look. Took the Athem 44B for about 1.5 hour test ride, and what a coach. Wife and I are looking to upgrade end of 2015 or summer of 2016 and this coach is at the top of the list. It was so quite and smooth. Our Discovery has been a great coach but it is going to be hard driving back to SoCal after driving that Athem. We really like the Cornerstone 45K floor plan but would really like to stay around 400K so the Athem has been at the top of my list to drive. I am hoping they add that floor plan to the 15 or 16. I totally understand all the great things that the Entegra owners have been talking about. Looking forward to joining the Entegra family.

On a side note the salesman at LD Tucson were great. Told them what I was there for and did not get any hard sell. I do think that they are still learning about the Entegra Line, I might have known a little more than them because of this forum.
mgosselin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2013, 06:02 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgosselin View Post
On a side note the salesman at LD Tucson were great. Told them what I was there for and did not get any hard sell. I do think that they are still learning about the Entegra Line, I might have known a little more than them because of this forum.
I also have to agree with the soft sell at LD. We spent 2 days looking at Entegras in Tampa. Not once were we bothered by a sales person. At the end of the day we had to locate our salesman to have questions answered. What a difference from LD of old. It use to be so bad we wouldn't even go up there to look at a MH after the way we were treated and lied to when we we went up to look at an advertised TS when we were shopping for ours. I almost did not go to LD this time but there was nowhere else in the area to look that had any Entegras. We were treated very professionally and we placed out ordered at LD.

Your ahead of me I haven't even driven an Entegra yet. If this forum says it will drive better than the TS, that was good enough for me.

Whoever is the new CEO is at LD, he is to be congratulated.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:08 AM   #3

An 1.5 hour test drive, what did that encompass. As newbies looking to purchase our first RV, I didn't realize that you could do a test drive for that long! We have actually been told by one local dealer that they needed negotiated figures before a test drive would be possible.
billandkaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:52 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by billandkaren View Post
An 1.5 hour test drive, what did that encompass. As newbies looking to purchase our first RV, I didn't realize that you could do a test drive for that long! We have actually been told by one local dealer that they needed negotiated figures before a test drive would be possible.
The "negotiating figures" is the more common answer I have had when shopping. I ordered an Entegra and wasn't even offered a test drive. When I sold my coach, I had the same attitude, no test ride until we have decided on a price.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:14 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Bad dealers! Go shop another dealership. If your having that type of "pressure" placed upon you at this point, imagine what will happen when your warranty process starts. Just sayin'.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:17 AM   #6
Community Administrator

I would have that attitude as an individual but a dealer shouldn't. I've test driven many MH's at Lazy Days and other dealers.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:27 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by billandkaren View Post
As a newbie, I also test drove an Anthem about a year ago at LD. At the time, I was told the sales rep that we were NOT ready to buy. Didn't matter. NO pressure at all. He showed us several coaches, Entegra, Winnebago, Tiffin, Thor, and American Coach. The we drove the Anthem for about 40 minutes. First of all, loved the ride. I was surprised when he pulled over and said, "Take the wheel." Talk about sphincter tightening!! I was surprised how easily it drove. Pretty much made my decision as to which coach brand I wanted and made me want to give LD the last look when I pulled the trigger.

To make a long story short, got quotes from several other dealers, went back to LD with them in hand. They pretty much matched the best price of you know who in Texas. Ordered a Cornerstone on Black Friday. I asked if they were doing 2 for 1's like all the retail stores. They thought THAT was amusing!
Looking for March delivery.

Good luck in your search.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippsfl View Post

As a newbie, I also test drove an Anthem about a year ago at LD. At the time, I was told the sales rep that we were NOT ready to buy. Didn't matter. NO pressure at all. He showed us several coaches, Entegra, Winnebago, Tiffin, Thor, and American Coach. The we drove the Anthem for about 40 minutes. First of all, loved the ride. I was surprised when he pulled over and said, "Take the wheel." Talk about sphincter tightening!! I was surprised how easily it drove. Pretty much made my decision as to which coach brand I wanted and made me want to give LD the last look when I pulled the trigger.

To make a long story short, got quotes from several other dealers, went back to LD with them in hand. They pretty much matched the best price of you know who in Texas. Ordered a Cornerstone on Black Friday. I asked if they were doing 2 for 1's like all the retail stores. They thought THAT was amusing!
Looking for March delivery.

Good luck in your search.
Congratulations, but have patience. We ordered our Anthem the end of June and it arrived at the dealer this last Wednesday. We are currently packing a Uhaul enclosed trailer and will take position Monday. That's a 5 + month wait. Like I have mentioned elsewhere in this site, it's like giving birth to an elephant. The wait is over for us. By next Friday we will be in Naples. Good luck, have patience, friend.
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #9

On the test ride we drove down I-10 for a while. Turned off onto an older road with lots of bumps & dips. On way back we pulled into a parking lot that he knew to see how the turning radius was.

I really wanted to drive the Cornerstone but they did not have any that were not sold. He told me everything is about the same except it feels a littler stiffer. Maybe someone that has driven both can answer in more details. I do like the 75 mph speed limit in Arizona.
mgosselin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #10

Quote:
On the test ride we drove down I-10 for a while. Turned off onto an older road with lots of bumps & dips. On way back we pulled into a parking lot that he knew to see how the turning radius was. I really wanted to drive the Cornerstone but they did not have any that were not sold. He told me everything is about the same except it feels a littler stiffer. Maybe someone that has driven both can answer in more details. I do like the 75 mph speed limit in Arizona.
Thanks for the info. I was a little timid about requesting a test drive other than around the block, but now will expect a whole lot more.
billandkaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Bad dealers! Go shop another dealership. If your having that type of "pressure" placed upon you at this point, imagine what will happen when your warranty process starts. Just sayin'.
You are correct, LD is much better than North Trails just down I-75
Old 12-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
On the test ride we drove down I-10 for a while. Turned off onto an older road with lots of bumps & dips. On way back we pulled into a parking lot that he knew to see how the turning radius was.

I really wanted to drive the Cornerstone but they did not have any that were not sold. He told me everything is about the same except it feels a littler stiffer. Maybe someone that has driven both can answer in more details. I do like the 75 mph speed limit in Arizona.
They probly took you down houghton road, and velencia.. velencia is by far the worst road in Tucson. I test drove mine there knowing it was the worst of the worst.. Was it George Crow? he was great to us!
Mario-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swenster View Post
Congratulations, but have patience. We ordered our Anthem the end of June and it arrived at the dealer this last Wednesday. We are currently packing a Uhaul enclosed trailer and will take position Monday. That's a 5 + month wait. Like I have mentioned elsewhere in this site, it's like giving birth to an elephant. The wait is over for us. By next Friday we will be in Naples. Good luck, have patience, friend.
I see 3 Entegra's here at Lazy Days with sold signs on them,,,, could 1 be yours
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #14

Hdrider...you are still at LD! Is crown club that good?
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote