Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2014, 09:56 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Anthem upgrades

Precision Interiors in Bremen Ind. installed three upgrades for me this past week on my 2014 Anthem.

!. My slide tray for the generator slides out now with a push of a button, Converting it from manual to electric makes a big difference. $1400

2. Upgraded my rear camera to the new night vision, wow what a difference in being able to see my toad at night. $800

3. I had the summit stainless put on the front, and on the steps. Looks classy $500

2014 Anthem, 2008 pilot w/all 4 down........
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2014, 10:04 PM   #2

Cool, u have picture of stainless. thx.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:16 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Nice that you added what you wanted on your coach and not complain to Entegra that is was not included then complain when the prices are increased.

WTG, it is enjoyable to make your coach what you want and have something no one else has. Nice know Precision can do those mods. A couple of pics would be nice, thanks for sharing.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:25 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Can you take a picture of your genny slide mechanism? Maybe some details about what was installed to make it work? I've looked all over the internet for a turnkey system but have had no luck. I see linear actuators but there's limit switches and a lot of thought to how it is all arranged.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:20 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
The system that is used on the Cornerstone is air-actuated. I am having one installed by Prescision Paint next month. I considered an electric linear actuator, but it is very crowded under there and I was not sure there would be room for it. Plus, having to fabricate brackets, etc, so I decided to go with a known quantity that we know works.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:02 AM   #6

Sounds VERY nice

Curiosity has me... What is the new camera make and model? I would like to google it and see what it is all about... THANK YOU!
jd956jd956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:39 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Anthem upgrades

No offense, but 800$ for a camera seems like a rip-off to me...

Brand/model? Pictures?

I honestly can't think of a rear-view camera that would cost that much to install... Even with a 500% profit margin...
JoyalRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:31 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyalRV View Post

Brand/model? Pictures?

I honestly can't think of a rear-view camera that would cost that much to install... Even with a 500% profit margin...
I have no idea which one they used but how about this one:

Convoy Camera - C1800AHD

And Convoy is one of the brands that Entegra uses.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:33 AM   #9
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
My slide tray for the generator slides out now with a push of a button, Converting it from manual to electric makes a big difference. $1400.

Answer to my prayers-just called and aded to my to do list. Sounds like $1400 well spent! Replacing that generator because I can't get it out to check the oil would not be cheap. Thanks for posting
Old 04-28-2014, 10:23 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
The system that is used on the Cornerstone is air-actuated. I am having one installed by Prescision Paint next month. I considered an electric linear actuator, but it is very crowded under there and I was not sure there would be room for it. Plus, having to fabricate brackets, etc, so I decided to go with a known quantity that we know works.

Marc, you are so right, I was wrong about it being electric. Its nice to just push a button, and not have to get down on my hands & knees to unlatch the front cover. It is the same one that's installed on the Cornerstone.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:41 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyalRV View Post

Brand/model? Pictures?

The camera and new cable was $246, labor was $95 per hr x 5hrs. The camera is made by Canyon Technologies. The mod# C1000M...... The reason the labor was so high, they had to replace the cable which over 43' from the monitor on the dash to the rear of the coach.

I suppose if you are a do-it your selfer, then it would seen a little high to you..

Description

(The Convoy Technologies Performance Series C1000M surface mount rear camera features a high quality CMOS camera for superb picture quality, IP67 environmental rating for reliability, wide angle lens and IR night vision for high performance in low light conditions. Convoy Technologies Performance Series – setting the standard for value and performance.)
Old 04-28-2014, 10:50 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
I have no idea which one they used but how about this one:

Convoy Camera - C1800AHD

And Convoy is one of the brands that Entegra uses.
Convoy C1000M
Old 04-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd956jd956 View Post
Sounds VERY nice

Curiosity has me... What is the new camera make and model? I would like to google it and see what it is all about... THANK YOU!

Convoy C1000M
Old 04-28-2014, 03:19 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Anthem upgrades

Why did they have to replace the video cable?

I'm curious because rear view cameras usually work using 12v power and RCA for video signal and I doubt this one is different.

I could be wrong though.

Edit: I notice on their website we see a picture of one of their camera and it seems to use a different connection. If this is also the case for the C1000M unit, I guess this is why they replaced the cable. However, I'm pretty sure it could've been hardwired to use the factory installed cable. Would've saved a whole lotta $$$. But what's done done. The important thing is that you are satisfied, OP.
JoyalRV is offline   Reply With Quote