Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2018, 03:10 AM   #1

Anthem vs Cornerstone

Hi everyone
Been reading posts for a while & thank you. The info has been great. We have been researching a new larger rig than our Phaeton 36GH. Sadly well maybe not we have not found an Allegro bus plan that we loved. That being said our research led us to Entegra.
My question is simply 2019 Anthem 44B or 2018 Cornerstone 45Y?
We are full timers.
We really like both floor plans.
Any input would be great.
Thanks Mike
mike2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2018, 04:42 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The 45Y is a great floor plan. More room up front in the living area and best storage setup of any model. The only downside is that it does s only available in Cornerstone so more expensive and that huge engine is thirsty. I saw one at Lazydays so see if it is still there to check it out in person. I went from Phaeton 40QBH to Aspire 42DEQ so I can attest you will love how much better Entegra is in many ways.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:55 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
For us it came down to one bath or two. So we ordered a Cornerstone B. Second thing was finding a Y to look at. I attended the Tampa and Perry shows to see a Y... I still have yet to see the inside of one.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:55 AM   #4

Hi Mike

Ive owned both an Anthem and now a Cornerstone. Both are very nice rigs. I am a bit mystified by your two choices since they are so different in floor plan. We, on the other hand, demanded 2 baths and never considered a single mid coach bath. So our choice was a natural progression from an Anthem 44B to a Cornerstone 45B. To me you are trying to compare apples to organges, and that is not a good comparison.

When looking at the different series (Anthem versus Cornerstone), be aware that virtually all of the difference is going to be in things that are there but you cannot see. The K3 chassis, the disc brakes, 3 stage Jake rather than 2, the Cummins and the Allison, the steerable tag... that is where the most money is going in my opinion. Those are important differences but you are also paying a big additional chunk of cash for those features. So, living inside the coach, very little difference IMHO...... In fact, the DW and I both think Entegra needs to reallocate some of their money investment and put more money and thought into separating the interiors. We feel that the Cornerstone interior needs to have more nice stuff. Frankly, our 19 Cornerstone feels like our 15 Anthem inside. As I have said in another thread, we are going to take much of the wall lighting and replace it with the lighting that was in our '15 because this ('19 CS) looks lower quality. Walking into our 19 is not like walking into Versailles.... you gotta value the differences in performane, not living space.

I always felt that I was very happy with the Anthem once we got the bugs worked out of it.... Maybe I climbed the Rockies at 40 mph and now I do it at 50 mph but frankly, that 40 was fine with me. I don't regret the decision but it was not like I was driving or living in a fantastically better machine than when I was driving my Anthem.

Good luck

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:09 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Anthem vs Cornerstone

We like the “Y” floor plan so much, we’ve had 3! Its a matter, of do you want 1 or 2 bathrooms? Having just one means that there is more room for storage and there is a lot! Also, It’s brighter inside. One of the original design parameters was to have a tv lift so that you could have more windows.
For us, I am a night person and DW is a morning person which means when she goes to bed, because of the smaller offset bedroom door, I can watch tv without worrying about bothering her. We also like the fact that when we have friends inside, you don’t see all the way through the coach, so you don’t have to straighten up the bedroom, we just close the door![emoji41]
In the end, of course, it’s your decision based on the way you live & what are your preferences!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:32 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Mike,

These responses are from what I consider a few of the expert owners in the field of Entegra.

I can tell you that the Anthem is like 3x better then my Phaeton as far as ride.

Gary
2017 Chevrolet Tahoe, M&G Braking, Blue Ox Avail
gswindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:39 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
For us it came down to one bath or two. So we ordered a Cornerstone B. Second thing was finding a Y to look at. I attended the Tampa and Perry shows to see a Y... I still have yet to see the inside of one.

There is a Y at Lazydays. Maybe they got it after the show. There was also a 38M they did not take to the show last year but it got bought right after the show. So moral of the story is that there are probably other models nearby that don’t make it to the show.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:51 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
So moral of the story is that there are probably other models nearby that don’t make it to the show.
The only problem there is I would never purchase from LD again. I would have kept the Classic as it was about perfect at that point. We were not "really" in the market until we saw a 19. The larger windows and digital dash is what made us pull the trigger.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:22 PM   #9

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the input. I have more thinking to do & looking online & in person.
I am sorry to disagree but I feel I have always been treated fairly at Lazy Days & my service has always been done to my satisfaction.
While I would like to do business with NIRVC currently the $$$$$ is a better deal at LD.
I am sure I will post again.
Thanks
Old 10-10-2018, 04:30 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Anthem vs Cornerstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2015 View Post
Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the input. I have more thinking to do & looking online & in person.

I am sorry to disagree but I feel I have always been treated fairly at Lazy Days & my service has always been done to my satisfaction.

While I would like to do business with NIRVC currently the $$$$$ is a better deal at LD.

Thanks

Nothing wrong with that! Again, you should do what works for you, I had great experiences with Lazydays once upon a time!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:48 PM   #11

I will also agree that all the upgrades of a cornerstone are in the drive ability...
Not floor plan or quality of anything else... so the question is are you going to tour the United States pulling a 15 thousand pound stacker loaded up with all your toys?
If not the anthem will be a great coach and you will save a chunk of money..
I think Gary explained it perfectly....

The classic model years have a little more details in them and you can save even more... I just walked thru the 2019 cornerstones and anthems at the pamona California rv show... not quite the same as the classics imo....

Either way you can’t go wrong with entegra... they all drive just incredibly quiet
And smooth... good luck...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:54 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Lots of good insight as usual.

We've had an Anthem SL, then a CS B and now a CS Y. We really liked the SL and the extra space. Also liked the B and DW liked having, in essence, her own bathroom. After some issues with our '17 CS, we were trying to decide what to do - saw the Y and nostalgia for the SL kicked in. And it was (obviously) DW's decision. She really missed the extra space from the SL.

Y = More space up front, more storage by a lot (We aren't even using all ours), more windows, huge pantry. FWIW - we have the booth and not the table and chairs.

B = it's fine and the obvious plus is the extra bath space which is a must for many folks.

The CS vs the Anthem question is really just a shiny pebble IMHO. We don't need all the extras and power train, but they are nice/fun to have.

I would hope Entegra would make the Y more broadly available.

It's all good - personal preference and no bad choices.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:44 AM   #13

Again I say thanks for all the insight. We are full timers and DW is a crafter so we have tons of supplies which is kind of why I am leaning to 1 bath. We kind of need the space. Also the larger engine would offset craft cabinet weight. The 18 CS with the Y floor plan is great & the 19 Anthem I do love the redesigned floor tile.
We could not swing a 19 CS for $$$ so I will continue to read & ponder,
Thanks
Old 10-11-2018, 08:16 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2015 View Post
Thanks
That's OK to disagree and I am glad you were taken care of. Had Lazy Days treated me that way they would not have lost a 1/2 million $ sale from me. Look forward to hearing of your purchasing adventure.

Tags
anthem