Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2021, 04:50 PM   #1

Wink Anthem vs Cornerstone

Hello All....

I'm sure this question has been beat to no end many of times. But here it goes.

We are going to look at several Entegra coaches this coming weekend.

2015 Cornerstone 45B 67K miles
2016 Cornerstone 45A 32K Miles
2018 Anthem 42DEQ 36K Miles

Which way to go? Newer vs Older is our biggest question.

I have read all things about Bigger motor vs smaller motor?
The chassis that each has.
We do like the new body style of the "18" but all of them are amazing beautiful coaches.

Thank you in advance.
FleetWooding is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2021, 05:24 PM   #2

The miles on all the coaches look pretty good to me. Moderate use.

A suggestion. If there is a dealer, ask them to run the repair history of each coach and see what you get or see.

Now, the Cornerstone versus Anthem has been hashed a hundred times, and wont do much good to hash the benefits / weaknesses of each again. The Cornerstone is the top of the line and at least initially $100,000 more. You get engine, frame, tranny, ride brake upgrades with the Cornerstone. Burns more diesel, climbs hills easier. IMO, newer coaches interior fit and finish is less nice than the fit and finish of older coaches. Older coaches dont have major DEF head problem that newer coaches have. Ive opwned an 15 Anthem and it was a very nice coach. Took two years to get all the kinks worked out of it, but the last year and a half before we traded it, it was a very good and reliable coach. The ISL 450 handles everything thrown at it, just 10 mph slower than the 600-605 does when hill climbing.

Really boils down to what you can afford and what matters to you. I personally would never own any model other than a bath and a half (mid bath) B.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 05:50 PM   #3

All things being equal I’d buy the 2016 Cornerstone. I don’t like the 42 ft, but that’s just me.
Now if I was buying new I’d have a hard time paying the difference for the Cornerstone over the Anthem since they’ve upgraded so many things on the new Anthems to same as Cornerstone.
Old 11-19-2021, 07:48 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
They are all good. Get the one that you best like the layout and condition. By the way, the body style of the 16 is the same as the style on the 18. The new style started in 16.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 09:10 PM   #5

The new coaches are nice but I still like the looks of the 2015 Cornerstone. They were on top of their game. That was before the adaptatnive cruise control and other unnecessary and troublesome bling. I think it was in 2018 when they stopped all the high end wood details but as others have already said, they’re all good.
Old 11-19-2021, 09:33 PM   #6

I would be aware of this if may have the ISX Cummins

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f123/cum...401436-36.html

2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 10:49 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetWooding View Post
Hello All....

I'm sure this question has been beat to no end many of times. But here it goes.

We are going to look at several Entegra coaches this coming weekend.

2015 Cornerstone 45B 67K miles
2016 Cornerstone 45A 32K Miles
2018 Anthem 42DEQ 36K Miles

Which way to go? Newer vs Older is our biggest question.

I have read all things about Bigger motor vs smaller motor?

The chassis that each has.
We do like the new body style of the "18" but all of them are amazing beautiful coaches.

Thank you in advance.

First things first—- welcome to the forum! We really are glad you stopped by. Here you will receive only honest and genuine answers to all of your questions.

The coaches you listed are a fine selection. May I suggest a fine dealer to purchase them from? Ask around and you will find that many of the members love NIRVC (National Indoor RV Center). Please review the following links.

Best

Dr. Mike

https://www.nirvc.com/Sales/Inventory/8527CC

https://www.nirvc.com/Sales/Inventory/8682U

https://www.nirvc.com/Sales/Inventory/7198

https://www.nirvc.com/Sales/Inventory/8535CC
Dr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 06:56 AM   #8

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
The miles on all the coaches look pretty good to me. Moderate use.

A suggestion. If there is a dealer, ask them to run the repair history of each coach and see what you get or see.

Now, the Cornerstone versus Anthem has been hashed a hundred times, and wont do much good to hash the benefits / weaknesses of each again. The Cornerstone is the top of the line and at least initially $100,000 more. You get engine, frame, tranny, ride brake upgrades with the Cornerstone. Burns more diesel, climbs hills easier. IMO, newer coaches interior fit and finish is less nice than the fit and finish of older coaches. Older coaches dont have major DEF head problem that newer coaches have. Ive opwned an 15 Anthem and it was a very nice coach. Took two years to get all the kinks worked out of it, but the last year and a half before we traded it, it was a very good and reliable coach. The ISL 450 handles everything thrown at it, just 10 mph slower than the 600-605 does when hill climbing.

Really boils down to what you can afford and what matters to you. I personally would never own any model other than a bath and a half (mid bath) B.

Gary
Thank you Gary. The repair Hx will help a lot.
Enjoy the journey…
Old 11-20-2021, 07:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
They are all good. Get the one that you best like the layout and condition. By the way, the body style of the 16 is the same as the style on the 18. The new style started in 16.
Thank you for the information. I thought the same with the model years body style/look changes. I will have to double check the exact years of the coach we will be looking at.
Dealership is showing the
2015 & 2016 C/S with the same body styles. Only the 18 Anthem is showing the new body style. Will confirm. Once on deck.
Thanks again.
Old 11-20-2021, 07:46 AM   #10

Choose the floor plan you like the best. All three coaches are old enough to have many of the bugs worked out. But there will be more, so be ready. The 450 is more than sufficient and the 605 with tag steer is just glorious
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 10:54 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Are you aware the Cornerstones you listed are bath and a half and the 42DEQ is single, mid-ship bath?

We had a 2014 Anthem 42DEQ and we’re happy with it. We prefer a single bath so now have a 2018 Cornerstone 45Y. The Cornerstone engine pulls hills a little better though the Anthem didn’t do bad.
2013 Thor Challenger 37GT (Traded)
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 05:57 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I would go with the 2016 CS if it really is a 16. If they both turn out to be 15, then I’d choose the floorplan I liked the best. None of the coaches have enough miles to make a difference. I would take a 45 over the 42 any day, and the bath and a half is a requirement in our house. If you are fine with a single bath, the 42 might be fine for you. Enjoy the hunt!
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 08:11 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
The 42DEQ is 43’ long. Without the half bath it has a lot of inside space.
2013 Thor Challenger 37GT (Traded)
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 10:24 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
Are you aware the Cornerstones you listed are bath and a half and the 42DEQ is single, mid-ship bath?

We had a 2014 Anthem 42DEQ and we’re happy with it. We prefer a single bath so now have a 2018 Cornerstone 45Y. The Cornerstone engine pulls hills a little better though the Anthem didn’t do bad.
Thank you for popping in with your info. We did know that the “18” 42DEQ was single bath. Really liked everything else but that.
Drove a 2015 Anthem and C/S yesterday.
C/S smoked real bad on hills and throttling. Lots of loose rattles and front window squeaks and noises.
Anthem was quiet, smooth and had plenty of power I feel.
Going to drive a 2016 C/S am tomorrow as the generator would not retract back in thus could drive it while there yesterday.
Enjoy the journey

Tags
anthem