RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2018, 06:09 AM   #15

Bill, there Isnít really a good way to prevent water entering, unless you seal the toll window shut.

Regarding your bay door, Iíd take a close look at the locking mechanism inside the door. There is a locking pawl that rotates approximately 90 degrees (vertical) when it engages with the striker pin on the door frame.

Chances are, when you first tried to close it it may have been jammed in the shut position. To resolve, unlock the locks then use some tool to fit in the curved portion of the locking pawl and rotate it to the open (horizontal) position.

When you do this, do not pry to get the pawl open, simply pull on it. You might be able to grasp the pawl with some linemans pliers and rotate, but the space isnít much, so pliers may not fit.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2018, 10:35 AM   #16

Thanks, Matt! You are right that I jammed things up trying to close the bay door after I had remotely locked them. Using your info and a huge assist from Chuck's 09/30/2014 post on how to adjust the latches, we were able to get the door to close and stay closed. We have some more adjusting to do when it is not 95 degrees outside!

Appreciate the help!
Bill
buzzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:03 AM   #17

Nice to hear Bill.

I gotta say, Chuck has put so much into our little online community. Isnít it amazing his post from 4 years ago is still relevant?

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:24 PM   #18

Yes!! I have learned so much from reading this forum in general, and Chuck in particular. Communities like this allow newbies like myself to learn from others' successes and failures when it comes to operating this complex set of sophisticated systems. I am grateful that it is here. Once I get more familiar with the coach, I hope to contribute to the knowledge base.

Along the lines of minor successes, we managed to create some holes in the window gasket and they are working to allow any water in the toll window track to work its way outside. With these puppies, perseverance and stubbornness can pay off!!

Bill
buzzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:32 PM   #19

Do you own a drill? Have any bits for metal that are in the 1/16" to 1/8" size? Drill away, but don't get carried away with too much pressure on the drill.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:22 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you all for the kind compliments...playing it forward on this forum, in my opinion, is what it is all about. I will never forget TXBart shared experience spending the winter in Idaho, what a learning experience!

I am soon to be a newbie with a new model, I hope others will play it forward for me and others to follow. I don't have a clue about the new systems.

A few really great forum members have stopped posting and I hate to see that!!! Loosing their knowledge hurts many. Everyone may not agree with what is posted, but those that we help really appreciate your input! Me included!!

Thanks for the opportunity to let me get on the soap box and state something that has been bothering me for awhile.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:47 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanz View Post
The water doesnít run inside the coach. It actually runs on the inside track that drains the water from the toll window. You wonít even see the water unless you pull up the felt lined track that the toll window runs in. At the end of this felt track is a rubber stop which is used to stop the toll window from running to far down the track. The weep holes should be under this rubber stop in the lower right corner.

On our '13 Anthem you can clearly hear and see the water running down the bottom track for the toll window thru the openings in the top of the track. The water water exits the coach to the outside thru the weep hole but in the process it definitely runs thru the track inside the coach. you can hear it and see it while sitting in the drivers seat during a rain storm. The water doesn't end up inside the coach but it definitely travels inside before exiting over board!. Sat there and watched it and listened to it many times.
Old 07-01-2018, 07:26 AM   #22

Good for you, glad you can hear and see the water run through the track. Guess I never sat in the drivers seat during a rain storm and listened for water or the newer windows have a better design than the Ď13ís.
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:02 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestal View Post
On our '13 Anthem you can clearly hear and see the water running down the bottom track for the toll window thru the openings in the top of the track. The water water exits the coach to the outside thru the weep hole but in the process it definitely runs thru the track inside the coach. you can hear it and see it while sitting in the drivers seat during a rain storm. The water doesn't end up inside the coach but it definitely travels inside before exiting over board!. Sat there and watched it and listened to it many times.
My experience exactly, Al. While you can see the water running down the track, it always seems to exit out through the weep hole without spilling over the track . . .so far.
Anthem15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem