Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Any new Aspire owners out there????????

We are looking at a new Aspire and wanted some feedback on the LP Aqua Hot. We have the 450 Diesel system in our present coach and were wondering how the LP system is working out. I know the diesel system is better, I just wanted to know how the LP system is working out. Thanks for any and all advice.
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
New Aspire owner

I have a 2013 Aspire with the Aqua Hot 375LP system. I never had an Aqua Hot before so I have no comparison(s). My impression is that it is quiet and seems trouble free. It adequately heats the water and the zones. Disclaimer: I live in Florida and have only been out in 40deg weather. My impression so far is the propane use is higher on this 42ft Aqua Hot RV than my old 40ft Monaco with forced air furnaces and a gas water heater.

I hear the diesel version in the Anthem is very nice and would be my choice if I had one, but I also understand the diesel version requires more maintenance. I'm not sure which version will work out better for trips to higher altitudes in the mountains.

If I had the money, I'd buy a Anthem.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you Hogdriver, do you know if the LP model has the electric option also? Thanks again.
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #4

I have a 2012 Aspire. I had no problems with agua hot. It comes set up for LP and electric or just LP or just Electric. You have to push both when you are showering etc... Used it a few times last year while up North (Canada and NE) worked fine. I am pretty sure i am only on the second tank and we put on 12,000 miles. Nice system, don't have the diesel version so i can't give you a comparison.
dusty56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #5

We were in SC in Dec. and had three nights in a row down in the mild 20's and had plenty of heat and hot water. The insulation in these motor homes really make the different.
Tom and Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #6

Our Aqua Hot works great - even when running on electric only. I don't think I'd try to take a 20 minute hot shower with only the electric portion but a regular 5-8 minute shower is never a problem. Maybe I'll have to try that 20 minute version though to see just how far I can push it before it gets too chilly!
rvguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Ultradriver

Yep. Aqua Hot 375 has both Electric and LP heating. Like someone above said. I can take a moderate shower on Electric Heat but if several folks want one, you'd better light off the LP burner.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
We have the LP AquaHot and our previous coach had a diesel AquaHot. Up until this week I would have told you that I could not see any difference between the two units. For performance, I can still tell you that we can't see any difference in the two units. We were advised years ago to run both electric and other fuel souces at the same time - and have continued the practice with the LP version. Having the electric on seems to stop that brief cool off that can occur when the big burner kicks in. Both Rick and I like long, hot showers and we have never run out of hot water, even when starting the shower immediately after doing the dishes. But - big but here - we learned this week that most states do not allow LP companies to deliver to RV parks. FL is an exception but even FL requires a special license and most LP companies are not willing to spend the extra money to get the permit. That means you get to pack everything up and roll down the highway to your nearest LP provider - after you find one that can accommodate your rig - and then roll back to your campground and unpack everything again until the next time. On the roa, it is not as large an issue, even some Flying J's have LP tanks to refill you. But if you are unlucky enough to be camping when a cold spell hits....you're going to have to find LP even if you are sitting with a tank full of diesel. Although you can still have hot water on the electric only option, you can't run the heat on electric - that requires gas.

If you do decide on the LP version, please be sure to test it before you leave the dealership lot. We didn't - and ended up dumping the entire tank underneath the coach before we realized what was happening. We were very fortunate not to have been killed. We now have an LP leak detector in the bay with the tank - and a more cautious approach.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #9

I have a 2013 aspire deq and love it but was wondering if u have had any weight issue with front axle, espescially passenger side, with the rbq. Have a friend who has a serious overweight issue on right front wheel at 8200lbs.

John
2013 aspire deq
JJKLSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
My DEQ is heavy on the right as well. My right front is 7500 pounds and the left is only 6425. Our factory GAWR was 14.6, but with the recall changing the wheels and tires we now have GAWR of 15.2. I have been told that the side to side problem can be alleviated by adjusting the ride height but I have not had Spartan's advice on that yet. The 7500 is more that half of the 14.6, but I don't know if that makes it over weight or not. I don't like running that close to the max, so I'm going to adjust my loading and reweigh at the rally in Wyoming.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbersdad View Post
....I have been told that the side to side problem can be alleviated by adjusting the ride height....
I have a TS with the same problem. Talked with the service manager at Josam in Orlando last week, and he finally explained it in a way that made sense to me. He said no, because raising or lowering the chassis height doesn't change the weight.

He didn't say it, but I think you'd get a shift in the weight if you raised it maybe a couple feet......

Spartan first identified my weight problem, and said changing ride height wouldn't alleviate it....but would change handling for the worse.

Spartan weighed my front to be 15,000 lbs on a 14,600 axle, with 8,000 on the curb side and 7,000 on the driver side. They said no problem for the axle being that little overweight, but I have to raise my front tire pressures to 120. Rattles my teeth.

I told Josam my drive axle had about 1,800 pounds reserve, and the tag had 1,000, so I was interested in shifting some of the overweight from the front. They said no can do by changing ride height.