Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2017, 07:48 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nssracer View Post
I shopped NIVC but the trade difference is higher. They just are not putting enough in my trade. Im going Dixie Tuesday morning, if the deal is not what I agreed to Ill walk. Ill report back Tuesday.
Is selling it yourself out of the equation?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2017, 07:53 AM   #30

FYI, NIRVC offers a service where if you sell your coach privately, they will run the paper through their business to save you sales tax, and process the paperwork.

Best of both worlds.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:41 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
FYI, NIRVC offers a service where if you sell your coach privately, they will run the paper through their business to save you sales tax, and process the paperwork.

Best of both worlds.

-Matt
Lot's of options that don't involve below wholesale to a dealer for a trade in.
A dealer has to make X amount of dollars. He is going to make it on the sale price of a new coach, or the profit on the trade in. Without one or the other he will soon be out of business.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:25 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post

Best of both worlds.

-Matt

This is correct. We did this and saved a nice chunk of change in taxes for only $500 for them to take care of the paperwork. We found a buyer for our coach (within two weeks I might add) and our coach went into NIRVC inventory, traded for the new coach with the trade in price as the price agreed between me and the buyer of our coach. This allowed us to pay taxes on the trade difference instead of the entire price of the new coach. This also allows for a higher trade in price and gives both the buyer and seller peace of mind that the paperwork was handled properly since it is being done by a reputable dealer and finance office. It's a great time to sell a coach. We could not be any more pleased with the way this turned out.

Only drawback is that it is mucho worko. That's Spanglish for a lot of work. [emoji3]
swberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:00 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by swberry View Post
This is correct. We did this and saved a nice chunk of change in taxes for only $500 for them to take care of the paperwork. We found a buyer for our coach (within two weeks I might add) and our coach went into NIRVC inventory, traded for the new coach with the trade in price as the price agreed between me and the buyer of our coach. This allowed us to pay taxes on the trade difference instead of the entire price of the new coach. This also allows for a higher trade in price and gives both the buyer and seller peace of mind that the paperwork was handled properly since it is being done by a reputable dealer and finance office. It's a great time to sell a coach. We could not be any more pleased with the way this turned out.

Only drawback is that it is mucho worko. That's Spanglish for a lot of work. [emoji3]
That would have worked great for me. I sold my coach for $15,000 over trade in price (it was a 12 year old coach). The $500. paperwork fee would have saved me $3,840 in sales tax. Multiply that by 3 or 4 for a newer coach value....big savings.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:33 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
That would have worked great for me. I sold my coach for $15,000 over trade in price (it was a 12 year old coach). The $500. paperwork fee would have saved me $3,840 in sales tax. Multiply that by 3 or 4 for a newer coach value....big savings.

Indeed. Taxes on our new coach would have been $17,500. Tax on the trade difference was $7,200. [emoji389]
swberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:40 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
We bought a Fleetwood from Dixie .... not a fan and would never go back there. As Brian said, keep your checkbook in your toad until you have totally gone over everything, have test drove it, etc. Otherwise, you are screwed. Bought our Anthem from Lazy DAys and if we were to ever buy again, it would be with NIRVC.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:41 AM   #36

Lynn, I had to threaten to park our coach diagonally on their service drive to get some air for the tires.. I'd been nicely asking for 6 hours.

That place is a circus.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:24 PM   #37

I would not buy a used sewer hose from these clowns. They tried to charge me $500 to rewire a 12 volt circuit when the problem was a 25 cent fuse.
Marta1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:57 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Lot's of options that don't involve below wholesale to a dealer for a trade in.
A dealer has to make X amount of dollars. He is going to make it on the sale price of a new coach, or the profit on the trade in. Without one or the other he will soon be out of business.
When Brett Davis does his presentation on business models, he makes it clear that his objective is to make a fair deal that the buyer is happy with because if he treats us right, we'll come back for service and storage. He has said many times that selling coaches is a necessary evil to get our lifelong business. His deals are transparent and from what I can tell, he doesn't make much money on the sales. He and his sales people as well as the service folks try to treat us all like family and usually succeed.

I don't know any other dealer that has that philosophy - in fact most seem to have the model exactly backwards. Make as much as you can on the upfront sale and then move on to the next deal. Hope the customer will go somewhere else for service or get them to by underperforming.

NIRVC is disrupting the dealer's model and that can only be good for us. I have heard some say that there have been recent changes at a couple of the large dealers in response.

Before someone says it - I guess I have drunk the NIRVC Kool-Aid, but after 4 dealers, I've also drunk some really bad wine....
Old 05-08-2017, 09:55 PM   #39

I am 109 miles from DIxie RV at a Walmart for the night. Have 9 o'clock appt. I report back on my experience tomorrow.
nssracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:43 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
When Brett Davis does his presentation on business models, he makes it clear that his objective is to make a fair deal that the buyer is happy with because if he treats us right, we'll come back for service and storage. He has said many times that selling coaches is a necessary evil to get our lifelong business. His deals are transparent and from what I can tell, he doesn't make much money on the sales. He and his sales people as well as the service folks try to treat us all like family and usually succeed.

I don't know any other dealer that has that philosophy - in fact most seem to have the model exactly backwards. Make as much as you can on the upfront sale and then move on to the next deal. Hope the customer will go somewhere else for service or get them to by underperforming.

NIRVC is disrupting the dealer's model and that can only be good for us. I have heard some say that there have been recent changes at a couple of the large dealers in response.

Before someone says it - I guess I have drunk the NIRVC Kool-Aid, but after 4 dealers, I've also drunk some really bad wine....
well said... you nailed it.. would like to point out california dealers ,they do exactly what was said... specifically
giant rv
mike thompson rv
and the countries worst entegra dealer -- paul everts rv
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:58 AM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Well said Emerson. I hope NIRVC has their sites set on the heart of Snowbird Season in SW FL. It's a shame to let LD and North Trails continue to treat customers as you said in your post and getting away with it very successfully. North Trails just doubled in size so the business is here. Just heard from a Real Estate Attorney they are adding an RV Park on the other side of I-75 to the expansion. North Trails will not even discuss any kind of service with you if you own an Entegra.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:57 AM   #42

Ok here at Dixie RV in Hammond, everything is fine. The 2017 Anthem is in perfect condition. The deal went super smooth just as negotiated. They where ready for us at 9 am. Did a great walk through of the coach. After that paperwork was printed as agreed. They are switching a Direct TV receivers now and we will be on our way back to Indiana. Everyone here has been very nice and professional. Also we saved thousands over the other 3 quotes we got. Aaron Green was our salesperson, he did a very good job.

Thanks, Doug
nssracer is offline   Reply With Quote