Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2017, 07:26 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly View Post
I wander why the RV makers did not adopt the VacuFlush system? We had it on boats and it was simple and worked great. Electric pump toilets were always PIA.
Some of them have, at least in the past. Our previous coach had a VacuFlush and we loved it. It's not a self-contained unit like the macerator toilets, though, the vacuum generator takes up bay storage space. I would suspect a main reluctance to use that system in an RV is the recommended maintenance - having to get into the waste pumping system every 3 years to replace the duckbill valves might turn folks off (or is too likely to go undone for too long.)

Michelle
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2017, 07:57 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
The macerator exit hose is only a couple of inches wide so it would fit under if needed. You would be able to move it once you unscrewed it from the floor. Mine had 4 allen head wood screws holding it to the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
Just wondering something. On mine, the toilet is attached flush with the wall of the bathroom with no cabinet like yours. Where are, and how would I access all of the plubing and wires? Hopefully I never need to find out - but it would be good to know ahead of time.
coachmanrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:37 AM   #17

We exclusively use the half bath toilet when boondocking. The toilet in the back bath simply uses too much water. I don't need the fancy big flush...wish t g eye would do away with it.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:56 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
X2 - what Rubicon/John said

Safe Travels to All
BeHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:21 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by midasman View Post
I "think" I love my 2016 Aspire...But...having moved up from a 2006 Holiday Ambassador with virtually no emissions equipment, there are now downsides. My two propane furnaces were SIMPLE. ALWAYS worked. I finally had to overhaul my foot flush toilet. Took 45 minutes and cost $45 for the kit. ALWAYS worked. Used almost NO water. Spent a week in Oshkosh with THREE of us and only had to dump WHEN WE LEFT! Now, I can BARELY make 3 days with TWO! Tell me why this electric one is better???
Simpler is just BETTER.

That seems odd. Have you reset the water level so it does not use so much on every flush? Are both of you using just the low level flush for a liquid only flush?
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:32 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
That's one advantage to a bath and a half model. Hope you have one of those models.
Even better - if your bath and a half model has a "macerating" toilet in one and a "foot flusher" in the other. Best of both worlds!
Old 03-15-2017, 09:38 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post
Even better - if your bath and a half model has a "macerating" toilet in one and a "foot flusher" in the other. Best of both worlds!
Why is a macerating toilet ever better than a gravity flush? Just curious.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:22 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambeau View Post
Why is a macerating toilet ever better than a gravity flush? Just curious.
I'm guessing that a macerating toilet allows the toilet to be located a little further way from the black tank itself (can't say that with certainty - but I suspect that's one of the primary "technical" reason so many coaches use them).

In our coach - the macerating toilet is in the full back at the rear of the coach. The "foot flusher" sits directly over the black tank - in the midship 1/2 bath. The "foot flusher" is a round commode - and is frankly a little uncomfortable when a larger guy like me decides to sit. The macerator in the back has a nice large elongated bowl and seat - which I find far more comfortable.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:21 PM   #23

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post
I'm guessing that a macerating toilet allows the toilet to be located a little further way from the black tank itself (can't say that with certainty - but I suspect that's one of the primary "technical" reason so many coaches use them).

In our coach - the macerating toilet is in the full back at the rear of the coach. The "foot flusher" sits directly over the black tank - in the midship 1/2 bath. The "foot flusher" is a round commode - and is frankly a little uncomfortable when a larger guy like me decides to sit. The macerator in the back has a nice large elongated bowl and seat - which I find far more comfortable.
Correct. The macerator toilets allow them to put toilets and tanks wherever they want them. Everything has to be pumped to the tank.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:42 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranemec View Post
We so agree!
Our 2015 gas coach had standard gravity toilets, each with their own black tank. We never worried about filling them up on our usual 3-4 night trips to our local COE park.
Now our new DP with 2 Tecma toilets has me dragging a Blue Boy trough the campground every other day. Not much of an upgrade in that area. lol
Oh but everything else is so NICE on the new coach!!

Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 02:47 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconTrail View Post
We exclusively use the half bath toilet when boondocking. The toilet in the back bath simply uses too much water. I don't need the fancy big flush...wish t g eye would do away with it.
John,

Am I learning something new here. Always thought that both toilets in the Cornerstone were macerating units?
Old 03-15-2017, 03:35 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
John,

Am I learning something new here. Always thought that both toilets in the Cornerstone were macerating units?
Jim, my understanding is it's determined by floor plan. Ours our A's and we get 2 Tecma's while his is a B and gets regular flush in 1/2 bath. Not entirely sure why but must be determined by piping into black tank.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:46 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Someone please correct me if this is wrong, but our "Classic CS 45B" 1/2 bath is not a macerator type, but IS 'electric flush' (i.e., but not foot flush). Our full rear bath is a macerator type.

But really, we find both to be more 'noisy' flush than any of our previous RVs..just say'n...

Safe Travels to All
BeHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:50 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Heh....you could be traveling like they do on the trains in Greece...open hole directly out the bottom of the train car on the track (in our case on the highway). Wouldn''t even need a black tank or a slinky...oops, forgot about the EPA regulations, shucks
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote