Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2014, 06:48 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
...I am 230LBS at 6' 4". As the drivers side slide came in, I noticed the seat was forward just enough to clear the slide wall. Putting the seat back fully left me short on leg space...Tom
Most coaches have the slide too far forward, restricting the adjustment of the captain's chair. I don't get it.

Did you have the adjustable foot pedals all the way forward?
2020 Jeep Wrangler toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2014, 07:42 AM   #30

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
You can't go wrong with either coach. They are both truly fantastic.

The one thing that I don't really like (and this is being VERY picky on my part) is the lack of windows on the Entegras, patio-side. Don't like the unpainted slides on the Aspire. Love the Anthem, however, which has the painted slides and Girard-style awning. (The Cornerstone is out of my universe, so I just don't even look at it, LOL!)

The one thing I don't like on the Revolutions (again - insanely picky here) is the shower. I'd like more of a flush-floor, tiled larger one (like Entegra has in the Anthem/Cornerstone). The Revolutions have a regular power awning. They do have the painted slides on the newer ones, which I really love.

None of anything I've mentioned here are really deal-breakers for me for either coach. However, that being said, there is nothing out there like that Revolution's front end, which is hands-down my all time favorite look of any rig anywhere. Key word being "my". The 42T floorplan gets me the windows on the patio side that I love. It also lets me easily travel with 4 other people, comfortably. Some of the L-shaped floorplans w/opposite chair and TV/fireplace combo do not. If you travel with several other folks at all at any time, this is something to consider on any brand. So is how much room you have when you're closed for travel. Some of these coaches get really, REALLY, narrow in travel mode. Can you easily get to the bathroom? Open the fridge, etc.? Don't forget to weigh in these things if they are important to you.

The fact that the only things I'm mentioning here are just really accessories/details, tells you something -- that's pretty much what it comes down to. What puts Entegra and/or AC ahead of the other is truly subjective for each of us.

One thing I'd like to point out about a new gas rig (since I have one) and you have mentioned that Georgetown from the other thread -- The newer gas rigs really are great, but don't get so blinded by the "flash" of the wonderful interiors that you overlook the rest of the components. Since the chassis are all the same there with just weight being primary difference, the "house" parts are what truly differentiates those units -- especially for full-timing and the more demanding needs/use that you'd have in that capacity. I have a beautiful interior too (MCD shades, porcelain tile throughout, all hard wood, corian, etc.), but it's nowhere in the league of the Entegra and American Coachs that we're talking about here. Again, need/want and budget will decide, I'm sure. Nothing at all wrong with gas (and that's ultimately what I chose for us at this stage in our lives). Just know what you're getting into there.

Best of luck!

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:34 PM   #31

Let's cut out all the nonsense. Both AC and Entegra make beautiful coaches. They both have plus and minuses. I person wanted an Entegra had full wall side, but it is what it is.

But let's be very clear here. The AC Revolution (though a beautiful coach ) is not a close comparison to the Anthem, period!

If anything had AC Tradition is.

If the argument is that they are the same size (square footage) then add Berkshire Charleston 43 footer and the Tuscany 45 footer (Great looking coach in my opinion) to the list.

You seem to want the Anthem but don't want to pay for it, and I TOTALLY understand that. I struggled with that for almost two years! I wanted the Cornerstone for the same price as the Anthem but it ain't gonna happen. But, like I already stated, we are not full timers and our Anthem will be used for family vacations only! So I had to justify the added expense.

In the end I know I made the right choice, I felt that Entegra would have a better trade in value, down the road, the Spartan chassis is better than freight liner, as it has a heavier front end than other "comparable" motorhomes and the amenities are nicer. Top that off with Entegra's 2yr warranty.

When we were looking we also really like the Newmarket Mountain Air, but is was another 40K above the Anthem and I saw no value in that.

I believe that I made my money go a far as I could. I know its a scary investment and no one can tell you what to do with your money, Sowhat's best for you.

Good luck and hope to see you on the road. Safe travels.
Fasteddie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:54 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Particularly as OP also has posts in the 5vr forums as well. Just my take, IESpecial...you can't make a decision with this broad a range of options by asking others what they think...sooner or later, you have to look at floor plans, amenities, numbers and decide where you want to look further. I think you're close enough to go to the Hershey show in Sep. Recommend you study, and take a few days leave and go to Hershey and look at them. Sit down in each that seems to fit, both 5vr and coach, gas and diesel, low end and moderate price. Sit in the ones that appeal to you for at least 30 minutes and talk about how you'd live in it. Then decide what you want to do. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:13 AM   #33

Send a message via Yahoo to ie2special
The reason we think about 5th wheels every so often is because of the versatility to change them as our needs change but not have to change a truck.

I personally don't want a 5th wheel. But I'd be stupid not to consider it since it is a popular option for so many.

I Ask everyone questions as i go because as I walk down a path people mention ideas I have not considered. In the case of this post I knew that others would have already been through this and could share their thought processes.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:18 AM   #34

Leg room on AC

JMonoe- yes, the pedals had been moved forward prior by the rep. That is what caught me off guard and so surprised by the lack of leg room on the AC unit.
We re-adjusted the seat but....
It's going to be the first thing I check from now on.
Again, we really liked a lot of what we saw in AC and hope to check out their other models just to be sure.
Tom
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:35 AM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green D View Post
I looked at both and went with AC this was in 2011.
Entegra didnt have any floor plans to offer me, they have come along ways since then.

My Tradition offered several goodies std at the time that Entegra didnt have. I have dual high out put dash heaters, larger dash AC BTU unit that is outside behind the front cap not buried under the dash when problems arise. Factory TPMS with the Silver Leaf System Std. The windshield is not held into the fiberglass cap with a rubber gasket, it is bonded to the metal frame like a car.
The lower part of the front cap ALL goes out with the gen on a PWR slide making it easy to access everything behind the front cap.
It came with Pwr Surge protection, the fuel and holding tanks have been moved to the rear of the Coach making sure no over loaded front axle.
I have Air and Hyd leveling std. 4800 watts Inverter power, Stuff like this made up my decision to go with AC, I have not been sorry. I do have the Spartan Chassis under mine as well.

I would also give Entegra another look when its time for a change if I do.

I do agree the isle is smaller then I would prefer with the slides in but mine is usable, when out its like a dance hall :-)

Have fun but get out there !

Eric
I have to agree with Eric...on all the xtras that the American Tradition has on it for the price.....but it doesn't really replace the lack of quality on the American...Now, this is my opinion.....
I had 2 new Newmars that we drove for 170,000+miles for 12 yrs...and we actually went to buy another Mt Aire,when my wife saw this 2012 Tradition...and we changed horses to the Am Trad.....BUT...I think that Newmar builds a much better coach with better Quality Control.....
The insulation is much better...and there are quite a few less drafts and dirt that come into the Newmar than comes into the American..we actually have to vac the dust on the floor when we stop...the rear bath floor is hot enough to fry an egg on it, when we stop.....and you can heard an entire conversation from inside ,that is happening outside in the American ...none of these in the Newmar....
i realize you were comparing the American to the Anthem.....but I believe the Anthem uses the same mfg style as Newmar.....
This is the opinion of a one time American owner....Chuck
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
JMonoe- yes, the pedals had been moved forward prior by the rep. That is what caught me off guard and so surprised by the lack of leg room on the AC unit.
We re-adjusted the seat but....
It's going to be the first thing I check from now on.
Again, we really liked a lot of what we saw in AC and hope to check out their other models just to be sure.
Tom
Tom your making me feel like a small guy compared to you actually I am, Im only 5'11 but Im most comfortable with the seat all the way forwards in my Tradition. Although my cars I'm laid back and stretched out.

So try them all out hopefully one will fit most of your needs NONE will fit all of them that's for sure.

Happy Easter To All

Eric
Green D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:13 PM   #37

Well we went in literally everything on the lot.

Hands down we love Entegra still and nothing else has felt like home.

Strangely we also like the georgetown XL but not for full time living.

Now we have to decide our 5 year path and if the Entegra fits!
Old 04-22-2014, 03:30 PM   #38

Where did you go?
Fasteddie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:16 PM   #39

Lazydays. Where you can't be lazy, I am exhausted!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:50 AM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
I think that's referred to as "paralysis by analysis".
I'm in THAT same boat right this second!
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:05 AM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Adn extra tidbit, floorplan is *almost* everything!

We have really loved our Revolution, but once we walked into a friends 08 Discovery 40x, with the tv at the back, and the entertainment center, it just felt more HOMEY.

Now mind you, we spend A LOT of time in our coach, borderline full time - so now, when we look at floorplans, they almost all seem the dam same. Couch on one side, couch on the other, tv at the front, kitchen behind the couch, dinette behind the coach BORRRIINNGG - they all look the same!

So we began exploring other floor plans and discovered the 42deq (and I'm pretty sure the Journey has a similar floor plan, and tiffin too) with the tv in the corner of the front and a u-shaped couch.

it *feels* like a living room, and the kitchen *feels* like a kitchen. I appears to me that the 42deq floorplan is a direct rip off of the Journey - but entegra did it nicer! and for like 60k less. The cabinetry and what not is much less plain looking, and we seem to really like looking at the pictures, that's for sure. I have yet to set foot in one, so I dunno yet - closest one to me is 5 hours away.

Plus for us, a king size bed is a must - that queen bed stuff isn't working for me so much.

It's weird, cause until you own one for a while, it can be difficult to understand the way you will interact with all the parts and pieces. That's why I bought inexpensive used and travelled a bit first. But still, even now I'm confused. The floorplan looks nice, the photos are pretty, but what if, and what if, and what if.. and what if the slide stops, what if the air bags don't air up, what if ... AHHHHHHHH - it's a all a big crapshoot
Old 05-01-2014, 10:11 AM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
One other stupid thing to consider - entry to the bedroom. On our current 40L, you enter the bedroom dead center of the bed, which means you gotta now squeeze your butt around the end of the bed - everytime - whereas the entry to the bedroom on the 42DEQ is located to the left, at the FOOT of the bed, so upon entry, you don't have to walk around anything - just walk right in.

It's stupid stuff like this that you don't realize until you have done it 400 times. Anything heavy to take into the bedroom (a basket full of laundry maybe?) guess what, the bed is smack in your way, and that get's old after a while.