Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2014, 10:00 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to ie2special
Anyone compare Entegra to American Coach?

I really like Entegra (RBQ) (2yr warranty) but love the floorplans of the American Coach revolution (42t).

If anyone did serious research comparing them can you let me know what helped you make your decision?

I see the chassis difference but I am clearly not educated enough about what the differences entail.

Thanks!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2014, 10:13 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ie2special View Post
I really like Entegra (RBQ) (2yr warranty) but love the floorplans of the American Coach revolution (42t).

If anyone did serious research comparing them can you let me know what helped you make your decision?

I see the chassis difference but I am clearly not educated enough about what the differences entail.

Thanks!
Yahoo Cruzer RV comparisons. He did an American, Tiffen, Entegra comparison about a year and a half ago.

Think you'll find Entegra has better insulation and a different construction approach that some consider better. Some also consider the Spartan chassis better. I'll leave those comparisons to Cruzer (or you can PM him for more).

You're right about floor plans...in that respect, American Coach understands what folks want.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Yahoo Cruzer RV comparisons. He did an American, Tiffen, Entegra comparison about a year and a half ago. Think you'll find Entegra has better insulation and a different construction approach that some consider better. Some also consider the Spartan chassis better. I'll leave those comparisons to Cruzer (or you can PM him for more). You're right about floor plans...in that respect, American Coach understands what folks want.
I think you'll find the the insulation package on coaches of a similar price/quality will perform about the same. If the total wall thickness is the same the the cavity is filled with any typical insulation material and there are no air infiltration points, there is really no place else to go for improvements. The builders all use double pane windows, often from the same manufacturer. My coach is 11 years old and I can tell you with great authority, after spending a very cold winter in it, with the temp several nights dropping to zero, that my insulation performed great.

The two wall building methods, hung and vacuum bonded are different but I suspect when both are done correctly there are no issues. My coach is vacuum bonded and after 11 years I have no issues with wall, floor or roof structure. Both these methods have been used successfully in motorhome construction for years now and are both proven successes.

The Spartan/Freightliner advocates continue to talk. Both are good chassis and have come along way from just offering 2-3 chassis levels to the coach builders. Most of the chassis now, particularly. In the lines discussed here, are essentially customized to the builders specifications.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I did and the stopper for me was Spartan chassis. Have driven a Spartan for 10 years and know what can be required on the road for repairs. I have never had a problem getting a part for a Spartan, most Cummins shops are Spartan repair facility and most fire engines are on Spartan chassis and parts are available even in many small towns. For me the ride is hard to beat on a Spartan. Nothing wrong with an American, I am just a Spartan Loyalists and my biggest deciding factor. The box that sits on the chassis is the DW's decision. We were was so pleased with the Travel Supreme, insulation, etc. the carryover to Entegra was an easy choice for her.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:44 AM   #5

Like Chuck, I'm a Spartan fan first and formost.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:52 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
I think you'll find the the insulation package on coaches of a similar price/quality will perform about the same. If the total wall thickness is the same the the cavity is filled with any typical insulation material and there are no air infiltration points, there is really no place else to go for improvements.
My experience was quite different. My previous coach was a 2003 Beaver and the insulation on my Entegra is worlds better than the Beaver. The Beaver's wall cabinets were always hot inside in the summer, the Entegra's are not. The Beaver was hard to keep cool on a hot summer day, the Entegra is not, and in the cold, I find that the Aquahot runs noticably less on my 45 foot Entegra than it did on my 41-foot Beaver. I don't know how other coaches compare in this regard.

As for floorplan, I agree that American Coach has excellent designs. In fact I was so taken with one of their layouts that I was ready to buy one until I saw the coach with the slides retracted. The center aisle on the model that I wanted was so narrow as to be nearly impassable, and the bathroom door would hardly open for someone to get in there. Some of the AC floorplans use very deep slideouts on both sides of the coach, yielding a huge area when slides are open but almost no space when the slides are closed. This was a big deal to us, enough rule that coach out. I like to be able to move around freely in the coach at rest stops, etc.

I never got so far as to drive the coach so I don't know how it compares in that regard, but Cruzer rates Entegra as having the best ride and handling and that is good enough for me.

The Beaver had finer cabinettry than any coach I've ever seen. Bottom line is that every coach has its plusses and minuses. You have to figure out which "defects" are disqualifying in your mind, and rule those coaches out. Then balance the pros and cons of the remaining coaches against your priorities. For me, the Spartan Chassis, world-class construction, two year warranty, great customer support and advantageous pricing of the Entegra more than offset whatever things I did not care for. Your mileage may vary.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:01 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Here is the Cruzer comparison
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3brands.pdf (102.9 KB, 255 views)
Old 04-17-2014, 02:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
Here is the Cruzer comparison
We spent a lot of time looking into the AC and Entegra.

They are different in many ways. The Entegra hands down has the best content and extras making it an incredible value.

The American Coach has excellent engineering and IMHO the best basement and rigid chassis (Liberty). You can literally open the basement doors and hose it out. Wheel cut is 60 degrees too.

I have attached a copy of a powerpoint that I got from American Coach last year comparing the Revolution to the Aspire. I tried to get a similar document from Entegra -- perhaps someone has one.

Bottom line both are great coaches. Good luck with your search.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf American Revolution vs Entegra Aspire1.pdf (1.37 MB, 208 views)
Old 04-17-2014, 03:36 PM   #9

The American tradition was on list. We went down to Ancira RV in Texas to look at them. Even test drove one. We liked it ! Nice floor plan with a full wall slide. The kitchen was on the driver side of the coach which I thought was more appropriate. I will be very open and honest with you, we purchased our first Class A for family fun and vacations we do not live in it and we put a $250,000 limit when we first started to look but ended up with the Entegra Anthem RBQ. Which meant that we were roughly $100,000 over our so-called budget. However, In order for us to justify the additional money we had to make very sure that Entegra built a better coach, so we did a detailed comparison and felt that Entegra was better built, had finer amenities, combined with the Spartan Chassis, combined with the year warranty and 3 year roadside assistance was by far the best we could get for "our" money. To top it off, we got lucky and will be receiving the $2,000 fuel card from Entegra! Good luck. I am sure you will be happy in whichever coach you buy.
Fasteddie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:49 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Both are great coaches. I suggest you get the one you can envision yourself living in.
2020 Jeep Wrangler toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Mechanica View Post
We spent a lot of time looking into the AC and Entegra.

They are different in many ways. The Entegra hands down has the best content and extras making it an incredible value.

The American Coach has excellent engineering and IMHO the best basement and rigid chassis (Liberty). You can literally open the basement doors and hose it out. Wheel cut is 60 degrees too.

I have attached a copy of a powerpoint that I got from American Coach last year comparing the Revolution to the Aspire. I tried to get a similar document from Entegra -- perhaps someone has one.

Bottom line both are great coaches. Good luck with your search.

I went over that power point, it was either very old or put together by somone that didn't know what an aspire is, it appears to be a hodge-podge of anthem, aspire, and 2011-2014 models. THere is no side by side, it's as if they picked random features and tried to put them side by side with no rhyme or reason.

I never trust any "side by side" comparisons put together by competitive manufacturers.. They never have the correct specs or facts. Reminds me of a video I saw put together by maybe a Winnebago dealer and posted on you tube that was hilarious if you actually knew of the vast discrepancies.
Mario-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario-John View Post
I went over that power point, it was either very old or put together by somone that didn't know what an aspire is, it appears to be a hodge-podge of anthem, aspire, and 2011-2014 models. THere is no side by side, it's as if they picked random features and tried to put them side by side with no rhyme or reason.

I never trust any "side by side" comparisons put together by competitive manufacturers.. They never have the correct specs or facts. Reminds me of a video I saw put together by maybe a Winnebago dealer and posted on you tube that was hilarious if you actually knew of the vast discrepancies.

I tend to ignore the side of the opposing competitive coach but it is interesting to see the points the manufacturer highlights as being superior on their product. It is often hard to get this from a brochure. In this case American Coach is stressing quality of materials and structural advantages.

No question each coach have some unique advantages. The more information the better to decide.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:15 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ie2special View Post

Thanks!
I remembered something else. We are outside patio people and we didn't care for the large slides on the patio side on the American. The large slide makes it harder to get in the basement compartments. Again, just the way we use our MH. Our last MH didn't have patio slides at all, so that was a big move up for us to even have a slide taking up awning space.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:21 AM   #14

Send a message via Yahoo to ie2special
Good points. Hubby was looking them all over and he seems to feel the revolution is more comparable to the anthem but at an aspire price. I don't mind him thinking this because it love the American coach floor plan. Can anyone tell email why he is right/wrong?