Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2018, 07:04 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezerViz View Post
Every Samsung appliance I have owned in my sticks and bricks has failed within the first two years. The washer/dryer did not last one day. The dishwasher lasted the longest at 2 years, then a part failed that was not available and Samsung Customer Support told me they had no intention of ever making the part. The microwave failed after 13 months and Samsung refused a warranty replacement as it was over a year old. The refrigerator compressor stops on a regular basis but can be reset. It hasn't totally failed and Samsung Customer Service can tell you the correct buttons to push for a reset, assuming the compressor isn't totally shot. My fridge still works but sounds like my Insignia's engine. #nomoresamsung.
Have never heard of the compressor stopping issue. Had that happen to us a week ago while getting ready for a trip. Called cs afterhours but all figured the fridge was kaput. Dw started pressing buttons and got it in compressor off mode. Took some time to get it back to run mode but when we did compressor started and has been ok since. Must have found the correct reset sequence. I guess even a blind squirrel can sometimes find a nut. Will give samsung cs a call and get the correct reset instructions so ill be ready when it happens again.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2018, 07:45 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
It will be interesting to hear Samsung response to your inquiry. Please share the info for the rest of who still have Samsung appliances.
Jerry0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:20 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
What model Samsung’s are you guys having issues with in your Entegra’s?
Old 07-10-2018, 08:31 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
What model Samsung’s are you guys having issues with in your Entegra’s?
Mine was the confection oven, temperatures all over the board except what it was set for. Same thing with 2 units, both different model numbers.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:37 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry0312 View Post
It will be interesting to hear Samsung response to your inquiry. Please share the info for the rest of who still have Samsung appliances.
According to Samsung cs pressing any button for too long can shut the compressor off. By pressing the freezer, fridge, and alarm buttons all at once for five seconds will restart. Page 22 in the user manual under cooling off mode.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:57 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the update. Good info for arsenal.
Jerry0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:20 AM   #21

Follow-up

We have been at Middlebury since Sunday - our service liaison has been with Stacey Lee who has been very good at keeping us informed - daily communication and responds to emails quickly.

Our service technician has been Ryan and he is very sharp and very detail oriented. We have a daily morning discussion and he leaves us notes asking to check on certain things. The whole experience, while somewhat tainted because we are having things repaired, has been positive because of the attitude and the keen desire by all involved to make things right.
The Samsung fridge did indeed have a failed compressor. The process to repair seemed to me to be a bit convoluted, mostly because of the way Mr. Appliance/Samsung want to do things:
1. Check on the code - 81C - bad compressor.
2. Make appointment to come look at the fridge.
3. Hmmmm - compressor is bad - compressor is ordered
4. (not completed) repair fridge
Entegra has to work with these guys, and so things will be done the way they want, but I expect if the fridge repair was entirely in Entegra's hands things would be more efficient.

I am impressed with the way Entegra has tracked our coach and our discussions over the two years we have had the coach. A small but significant instance was a persistent sewer odor in the small bathroom. I had mentioned it months ago, and when I was having a discussion with Ryan I asked him if he had any tips as to how to isolate and correct the problem. I was very surprised to learn that Entegra had ordered a repair part and it was waiting to be installed, and would probably fix the issue.

I was not aware that Joyce Skinner has now been given responsibility for the service department. To me that is a huge thing, because that is a very important link between the company and the owners.

We should be finished tomorrow.

Frank
Old 07-11-2018, 11:03 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the update. What was the bathroom part that had to be ordered to stop the sewer smell? Mine was a simple Air Admittance Valve, I am not aware of anything else that might cause the problem.
That is great news that Joyce now oversee the service dept, what a great move in the right direction.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:58 PM   #23

Chuck I don't know for sure what it was, but the tech said it just screws on in the sink plumbing. He also said that they can get stuck and he cleaned the one from the other sink noting it was stuck.
They also had a tank sensor on order for me and today he told me he had changed and reset the sensor because I had mentioned a year ago that I had to reattach one that fell off. I had no idea they even remembered.
Incidentally I have had occasional water drops on the front tray in the coach - usually in the morning - and we all seemed to think it is a leak at the marker light. Turns out the issue is condensation on the inside of the front cap, and the solution is to add more insulation, which they did today.
I couldn't be more impressed and happy with our tech, Ryan. He is detail driven, and today he solved a problem no-one else could figure out. The small door under the driver's side window has always been a problem for us - we couldn't get it co close and lock without slamming. He told me he put his cell phone set to video in the space, and recorded what was happening. He immediately saw the problem, made the fix and now it closes with just a touch. Very sharp guy.

I asked some of the service schedulers as delicately as I could, what was the reaction to having Joyce now oversee the service side of things, and the reaction was overwhelmingly positive. Without criticizing anyone, I was told that everyone sees immediate change, better organization and better customer communications - that would have to be would it not?
We all have had our issues, but if we try and remain impartial we must admit that Entegra does their very best to keep their customers happy. Of course not everything works out perfect every time, but at least in my experience I always hear concern and a desire to do the right thing. In my book that is huge.
Aunt Karen's cafe is world class food; world class.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:55 PM   #24

Update

We are still here in Middlebury - Monday was a week. We expect to leave tomorrow. I will post a lengthy description of our experience here, how we were treated, what was done and the entire process of the final warranty work by Entegra.

Frank
Old 09-14-2018, 10:25 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sbuckeye View Post
Frank, we had our Samsung refrigerator leak oil down the front from the ice and water dispenser. Call Entegra, and they replaced it with a whirlpool....no issues so far after a year.
What model Whirlpool did they use for this replacement?

Rob
Old 09-18-2018, 08:42 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by royals1212 View Post
Frank, how do they take the fridge out. Will it go through the door? Or maybe the remove the drivers window and chair? I know the washer will go through the door without removing the chair. Not much room left over.

Thanks Herb
I can tell you from recent experience how we were able to remove our Samsung refrigerator and replace it. I had to remove both front seats, remove the screen door, remove the door check on top of the front door so it would swing open wider and tie it open to mirror. Then we removed the doors, drawers, feet and all the hardware from the refrigerator and it fit through the front door. The guys that delivered the new one had a harness with a big strap that they lifted the fridge and carried it in and out the door with. After watching them carry the old one out and new one in, I gave them a big tip when they were done.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:42 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jherrin99 View Post
I can tell you from recent experience how we were able to remove our Samsung refrigerator and replace it. I had to remove both front seats, remove the screen door, remove the door check on top of the front door so it would swing open wider and tie it open to mirror. Then we removed the doors, drawers, feet and all the hardware from the refrigerator and it fit through the front door. The guys that delivered the new one had a harness with a big strap that they lifted the fridge and carried it in and out the door with. After watching them carry the old one out and new one in, I gave them a big tip when they were done.
That strap is pretty amazing.. That's how they carried our washer in and out the front door.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:05 PM   #28

Update on our refrigerator

Had a Samsung support guy come to the house and replaced the compressor. There is a filter on the refrigerant line that he checked for oil apparently he thought that running the fridge while driving might be the culprit. The filter was clean so that was not the cause. Must have been just a bad compressor. 2 hours repair time and it is now working well again.

Back on the road again!

Tags
fridge