Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2015, 06:11 PM   #29

I think my situation is unique but thought I would post it just in case anyone runs across the same problem. When my coach sits with the key off the gen slide builds pressure on the open side of the ram and the gen set pushes out against the door. MHS had to adjust the door latch pin twice during delivery but we thought the tech just didn't get the pin tight the first time. When I got it home and it sat overnight it pushed out far enough to bend the latch pin. At first Entegra and MHS was telling me that the system would go slack but pull back in when you turned the key on. It will pull back in but I have the genny tied in place with 2 ratchet straps to keep it from pushing out. I talked to Jacob again and he mentioned that Entegra had changed the design during the 2015 production year as 1mainiac had mentioned in his post. We did a little digging and determined that my coach has the new style solenoid but the old style switch (old style 2 position, new style 3 position momentary). He has shipped me a new switch to try. I will post results when I swap them out.
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
jb4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2015, 09:28 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mainiac View Post
One thing they have done on current production is change the gen slide sw from a in out sw to a momentary sw. You now need to hold the sw in the out position plus have the engine running to move the gen. A problem with the old setup was you could open the front comp door and hit the gen slide sw to out with the ign off and nothing would happen. Sometimes people would forget to sw it back to in and the next time they start the coach as soon as it builds air it tries to put the gen out with the front closed which bends or breaks the latch. This is why I have suggest they put a interlock sw on the front door so if the front door is closed it blocks the gen slide sw.
1mainac is correct about the momentary switch. However on my rig the engine does not need to be running; just ignition on. You do however have to have pneumatic pressure.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:43 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
At least the Entegra latch is better than the Travel Supreme, we had to get on our hands and knees to release a "T" handle underneath. Outside of that, no changes have been made to the slide and cowl assembly, it's been the same since 2002.
Hmm... the 2015 Aspire still has a T handle that must be released by crawling underneath. Guess they never changed that.
DeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:48 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
I had the opportunity to try 1Mainaic advice on the weather stripping the door today and it did make a big difference in tightening the door up. The latch release is much more positive and the generator door is tight as a drum now. Robert, this might work on putting more pressure on your underneath "T" handle release to where it is not so loose.

I also used Dusty56 tip on adjusting the front cap alignment with the door and everything fits perfect now, thanks Mike.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-04-28 12.13.10.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	92821   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-04-28 12.15.23.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	92822  

A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:56 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
Well done Chuck. Since the "T-Handle" pin is seriously bent from my incident, I'm not going to try the weatherstripping solution until Entegra fixes the latches. I'm hoping that they will improve the situation, and then to make certain all is quiet I'll add the weatherstripping (if needed). Right now, even after I took a hammer to the pin, the gen door only stays closed with gorilla tape.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator