Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2021, 01:18 PM   #1

Anyone ever had this going on with your Magna Sine?

In our 2020 Anthem the shore power will kick off and change to inverter power by itself?? We can start out with both inverters flashing green. Vega touch shows shore power and auto temp control. All works fine through the night using heat. Seems like the next day (we are in Arizona) when the air conditioners come on the "system" kicks us off shore power to inverter power?? It also completely powers off inverter #2. I can go turn off and back on inverter #2 switch and correct the inverter but need to turn off and back on shore power to get us back on shore power.
Firefly said not a problem with Vega touch. Ever since we have owned the coach (May this year) the inverter bridge, in the storage bay, has shown a red fault that will not go off?? I called Magna sine and one of the techs (really knows his stuff) had me take the top off the inverter bridge unit. Beside the reset button was a very small "bridge" part. He had me look at it and he was exactly right. It was not set in the "engage" setting. Said factory didn't have it set right. I put it in the correct place and all seemed well. For the first time the red fault light went off. Thought all was fixed. Wrong. Darn thing started doing same thing again. I'm going to call again Monday. Just wondered if any of you had ever ran into this?

Thanks in advance for ant assistance all. Safe travels
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2021, 02:04 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
One thing I would check since it seems to happen under a load is that all of the connections in the transfer switch are tight. Make sure all power is off including the inverters before taking the cover off.
Do you have and EMS inline? I had a similar situation when the circuit board on my Progressive EMS was going bad, then it quit completely. That made finding the problem easy.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 07:41 PM   #3

The pins on the bridge are “enable” & “dis enable”. My inverter people “Magnum” told me the same thing, “wrong from the factory”. It’s a setting for a terminator, only one on the end of the line of the switching system. I already had a terminator on the end of the line, so putting the jumper on enable would put two on the circuit. I think it is the standard answer given to people that don’t know anything about terminators to make you think they did something for you. If you have one, then the jumper goes on dis enable. Most switching circuits will have a terminator, just in case it doesn’t, the bridge offers one.
The problem I had was with the inverter plug in ports on the bridge circuit board, both were defective.
Old 11-27-2021, 07:17 AM   #4

hook up

I do not know what a ems is so I don't know if I have one. Dealer replaced the transfer switch and checked all the connections. Didn't change anything. I am now getting" transfer switch connection problem"" when the unit switches from shore power to inverter. I don't know if it is an inverter problem or a Vega touch problem. Of course, both magna sine and firefly say "it isn't there problem". Do you know how I can check the connections going into the bridge? I have put a voltage meter and power is in the line??
Thanks for replies guys. This thing is a mess and getting worse.

safe travels
Old 11-27-2021, 08:09 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post
I do not know what a ems is so I don't know if I have one. Dealer replaced the transfer switch and checked all the connections. Didn't change anything. I am now getting" transfer switch connection problem"" when the unit switches from shore power to inverter. I don't know if it is an inverter problem or a Vega touch problem. Of course, both magna sine and firefly say "it isn't there problem". Do you know how I can check the connections going into the bridge? I have put a voltage meter and power is in the line??
Thanks for replies guys. This thing is a mess and getting worse.

safe travels
An EMS is and Emergency Management System. Mine is a Progressive wired before the transfer switch to help protect it.

This switching problem has been on few units, my 19 was one of them. It was the telephone type connection that goes from the Vega Touch to the bottom of the tranfer switch. Larry did a great job of fixing the connections and it was from his post I was able to jiggle the wire to make connection to get it to NIRVC for the trade off. Mine happened on the road when I could not switch from inverter to Generator to run the AC is 95* weather.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Ente...earch=irv2.com

I believe this was the post from Larry on the repair and it was the post that allowed my to do the roadside repair and continue on with an overnight Walmart stop. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/ele...ml#post5380006
Old 11-27-2021, 12:19 PM   #6

I think in this context EMS would be short for Energy Management System. vs the hurricane response teams in FL...
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 01:15 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff.herren View Post
I think in this context EMS would be short for Energy Management System. vs the hurricane response teams in FL...
Thank you for the correction. That's what happens when you live in Hurricane Country.
Old 11-28-2021, 07:17 AM   #8

inverter

Thanks for replies. I will check the wire connections today. My problem is different than yours but worth looking at.

safe travels