Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2017, 02:52 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
I pull an aluminum triple axle 25 foot (including tongue) stacker as well as a smaller enclosed aluminum 20 foot trailer behind the 45 foot Anthem. The stacker can pose problems in older/smaller campgrounds and at times we will need to unhitch before entering the spot. It helps as others have stated to Google Earth the campground if you have never been there as some sites can be tricky.
However, I feel it is worth having the enclosed trailer to keep items clean and safe through the travels. Also, don't be afraid to ask, as some campgrounds will move your trailer for you once you arrive to make it easier.
bpschiro47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2017, 03:49 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssracer View Post
At the track
For shock and awe you should show everyone what goes in the top of the stacker...a wheels up behemoth! And congrats on the NMCA title!
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:13 AM   #17

Here's is what is in the top of the stacker. Thanks Jim.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DRO-2010-05-28-008 (1).jpg
Views:	93
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	180228  
nssracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:15 AM   #18

One more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	joliet friday.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	180229  
nssracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:55 AM   #19

That would be fun running around the campground
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:23 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
We pull a stacker with a 450 cummins. You know it is there because the fuel consumption says so.

We looked at a Haul Mark but they said the curb weight was 12,000. Got an InTech all aluminum with curb of 6350.

All in the trailer loaded is 13,500.

With the distance from the axle to the pin and the pin to the center axle on the trailer being very similar the trailer pretty much follows in the path of the coach when turning. It tends to cut inside when coming out of the turn so something to watch for.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:58 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Hi,

We haul a 22 ft all-alum trailer from Hi-Country. The trailer weighs 3100 lbs. We had it custom-built by the folks at Hi-Country. Couple of things that I would recommend:
- get 5200 lbs axles and electric brakes on both,
- get 30 amp battery backup wired for both 12v and 120v
- get H-rated tires
- get a spare tire and mount
- get a V-front and an extended tongue
- get rubber-covered on floor
- get them to install backup camera, (I went with wireless)

This is a substantial investment. If I can be of any assistance , feel free to ask questions.

Good luck, and don't be in a hurry.

Cheers,
SAS2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:52 AM   #22

Greetings
Sounds like a well thought-out build...a few pictures would be great! Since I'm in the market for a new enclosed trailer, I have a few questions.
1. With the extended tounge, what is the overall length from the ball hitch to the back of the trailer?
2. How long is the extended tounge?
3. When connected, what is your overall length?
4. What is the length/width of the box of the trailer?
5. The specs of our 2016 Anthem state that the 15,000# tow capacity and 1500# tounge weight ratings of our coach require a ball hitch of no more than a 4" drop. Because of the height of the receiver hitch mounted on our coach, I have to use a ball hitch with an 8" drop in order for my 2 axle open car trailer to ride level...this is the only way to keep the beavertail from occasionally dragging. Because the GVW of my current trailer is only 7,000#, and I'm very careful to never exceed this weight, I'm not really concerned about using an 8" drop ball hitch now but as I look at a much heavier enclosed trailer, I'm concerned about matching up the hitch height on the trailer with my coach using only a 4" drop ball hitch if I start coming closer to the maximum tow/tounge weight ratings. So, did you do anything special when you ordered your trailer to assure a level trailer ride height when connected to your coach with a 4" drop ball hitch? If not, what configuration (drop level) of ball hitch are you using?
Thanks in advance...
Old 10-27-2017, 10:53 PM   #23

Towing a trailer

We pull a flat bed trailer behind a 43" Entegra with a 450hp engine.
The trailer has a 20' bed not sure on the total lenght. The worst problem is I have damaged the coach when backing up in a tight corner. I'am going to put in another camera to watch the corners as I back up. The nice thing I can back up my trailer as far as I want. Try that with a flat towed vechicle.
The trailer has 3500# axles & her car weighes 4400# so I'am close to the limit. I wish I had bought larger axles. It takes me about 15 minutes to load. I have her watch me when we load but I do it by myself when unloading which is about 10 minutes. You do have to watch turning corners & swing wide. The car is set up to move the trailer in parks. Lots of parks are pull though but you pay more. The old ones are tighter. We have towed over 30K miles with some tire damage & bearing problems. We are looking for a covered trailer in the further.
Craneboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 04:15 AM   #24

We towed a 28' enclosed trailer with race car and full race gear, pit cart, tools etc. 9k total weight. Honestly, with the exception of a few long hills I never knew it was there. MPG held steady at 7.7 which is what it was pre-tow
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:29 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
We pull a 24' enclosed trailer with a Harley & two bicycles in the nose and a Mini Cooper in the back with no problems. As others have said you need to plan your routes, campgrounds and fueling in advance but we find the ability to keep everything clean and secure in the trailer is a big plus.
Make sure you have a long tongue and a V-nose trailer and you should have no problems. I have pulled a trailer for a good part of my life and find backing and maneuvering the entire rig very easy.
livnadream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:57 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
If you want the very best enclosed aluminum trailer, I'd recommend Gold Rush Inc. I've had two of them and they are by far the lightest weight as well as the nicest trailers made.

Welcome to Gold Rush Inc.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 04:34 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
If you want the very best enclosed aluminum trailer, I'd recommend Gold Rush Inc. I've had two of them and they are by far the lightest weight as well as the nicest trailers made.

Welcome to Gold Rush Inc.
Agree Gold Rush is the best in the industry. A nice 20 year old example fetches as much much as a new InTech or ATC trailer which are both great aluminum trailers.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer