Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2020, 04:32 PM   #71

Tiffin Owners Club
Sorry to bump an older thread, but has anyone else managed to get at least a phone confirmation of the reversal from charging for the service?
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2020, 07:21 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
Sorry to bump an older thread, but has anyone else managed to get at least a phone confirmation of the reversal from charging for the service?
There is no reversal. They are still trying to figure out what they’re going to do according to a conversation I just had with them.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 09:26 AM   #73

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BMobl View Post
Has anyone actually been forced to pay for their remote VegaTouch access through the Nebula App? I was just informed by Leon Bontrager, one of the managers at FireFly, the decision to make this a for pay App is being revisited and very likely won't happen.

As an aside...I have used an old phone, with the Nebula App and Team Viewer installed, and connected through our Mobley and Pepwave router to the VegaTouch, to bypass the necessity for remote access. As far as FireFly is concerned, all of my access is local. Works well, however, based on the above paragraph, may be unnecessary.
Well look at you going all techie! I thought you didn't like that stuff?

FYI RealVNC or other VNC permutations are alternatives to Team Viewer, most with free versions for non commercial use also. What's the performance like?
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 11:44 AM   #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecsproull View Post

You will need a device (Windows, Apple or Android) that you can leave in your RV and leave it active and connected to the internet.

On the device to be left in the coach install TeamViewer HOST. Log on and create an account with TeamViewer. This is free for personal use.

On your phone, or what ever device you want to control from, install TeamViewer Full or just called the TeamViewer app. then log on with the same credentials that you used on the first device. Presto you should be able to connect to the host and control the application as if you were in the RV.

Was thinking about this today... unless there is a Windows compatible Vegatouch program (I don't know of any), how will this work with a Windows device? I know TeamViewer and VNC/VNCViewer, but to my knowledge, they will only allow one to remote-in and take control of the device where they're installed. So if I were to do this using a Windows laptop, how would the jump from remoting-in to the Windows laptop to the Vegatouch occur?
Old 05-31-2020, 07:04 PM   #75

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

I keep reading about this supposed subscription fee from Firefly, but I have yet to receive any communications from them on this matter.

I have a 2020 Anthem and use the Nebula system to remotely access the coach.

Has anyone actually received a communication from firefly or paid any subscription fees ???
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 05:51 AM   #76

Quote:
Was thinking about this today... unless there is a Windows compatible Vegatouch program (I don't know of any), how will this work with a Windows device? I know TeamViewer and VNC/VNCViewer, but to my knowledge, they will only allow one to remote-in and take control of the device where they're installed. So if I were to do this using a Windows laptop, how would the jump from remoting-in to the Windows laptop to the Vegatouch occur?
I'll try to explain. Teamviewer/VNC allows you to run the vegatouch app from your phone or tablet that is in the coach as though you are actually holding the phone.

I use teamviewer (used to use VNC) to remote in to my mom's PC and tablet. My teamviewer app on my PC or phone can take control of her remote device. Of course I can't "touch" her phone with my PC but the mouse works just like my finger.

On my phone, It's just like holding her tablet in front of me except for the time lags.

Basically her desktop or current view on the tablet shows up inside the teamviewer app on my PC. When my mouse is inside the teamviewer window (and it has focus) I can do anything that I could have done sitting right in front of the remote computer. Mouse clicks go to the remote device. Any typing goes to the remote device, etc...

So you don't need a Vegatouch app on your Windows PC, or any other mirrored app. These remote control apps truly let you operate the remote device as though you are standing there in front of them.

As a plus, I can also transfer files, do a Ctrl-Alt-Del to the remote PC, and get into Android settings on the remote Android device.

So not only can I get out of a badly behaving PC app on the remote PC. I can also download new pictures to my mom's screensaver slideshows so she has the most up to date of the great grandchildren.

Steve
Old 06-01-2020, 06:54 AM   #77

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
You wouldn't use a Windows device on the coach. VNC and teamviewer have versions that run on an Android or ios phone/tablet. So you setup an old tablet or phone in the coach that has Nebula and Teamviewer installed. When away from the coach, you Teamviewer in to the phone/tablet on the coach from another device running Teamviewer and you will have control of the local-to-the-coach Nebula app.

The remote device with Teamviewer (the one not on the coach) can be any device that Teamviewer supports, android, ios, macos, windows, etc. The device types on each end of the connection do not need to be the same.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:45 AM   #78

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks Steve... you may have misunderstood my question and it is entirely possible that it was my wording.

Thanks Rob... I totally get what you are saying, which is what prompted the question. The post that I was referring to said, "You will need a device (Windows, Apple or Android) that you can leave in your RV and leave it active and connected to the internet." I purposely highlighted and underlined Windows, because that is what I'm questioning. I am a Windows and Linux person, so while I have plenty of Raspberry Pis and a couple Windows computers to spare, leaving one of those in the motorhome to do this is not going to work. I'm going to do some deep thinking and maybe come up with a way of doing this with a Raspberry Pi since they're extremely versatile. Bottom line and the point of my question... I didn't think this could be done on Windows and was looking for some new learning.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:47 AM   #79

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Q View Post
I keep reading about this supposed subscription fee from Firefly, but I have yet to receive any communications from them on this matter.

I have a 2020 Anthem and use the Nebula system to remotely access the coach.

Has anyone actually received a communication from firefly or paid any subscription fees ???

I would consider the screenshot in post #20 (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/app...ml#post5200974) "communication from firefly."
Old 06-02-2020, 06:20 AM   #80

Quote:
Thanks Steve... you may have misunderstood my question and it is entirely possible that it was my wording.
No, nothing wrong with your wording, just my reading comprehension.

What I get for reading too quickly.

Steve
Old 06-02-2020, 07:44 AM   #81

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Thanks Rob... I totally get what you are saying, which is what prompted the question. The post that I was referring to said, "You will need a device (Windows, Apple or Android) that you can leave in your RV and leave it active and connected to the internet." I purposely highlighted and underlined Windows, because that is what I'm questioning. I am a Windows and Linux person, so while I have plenty of Raspberry Pis and a couple Windows computers to spare, leaving one of those in the motorhome to do this is not going to work. I'm going to do some deep thinking and maybe come up with a way of doing this with a Raspberry Pi since they're extremely versatile. Bottom line and the point of my question... I didn't think this could be done on Windows and was looking for some new learning.
Dewey, cool a RPi guy!

RPi has a VNC server built in and directly supports cloud access with no fees. I use it probably every day to access the programming environment on the RPi's I'm using for my poor man's Vegatouch from my Windows laptop. Anyway, the problem is you probably can't run the Nebula app on the Pi??

There are lots of cheap (<$50?) Android tablets available, what about dedicating one of those to the task?

Since you are a Pi guy I sent you a PM regarding a related project I am working on.

Rob
Old 06-02-2020, 09:52 AM   #82

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sorry if I gave the impression that you could connect to your Firefly via a Windows computer. Probably just subliminal wishful thinking.

Ed, (retired from Microsoft after 17+ years [emoji51])
Quote:

ecsproull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:33 PM   #83

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecsproull View Post
Sorry if I gave the impression that you could connect to your Firefly via a Windows computer. Probably just subliminal wishful thinking.

Ed, (retired from Microsoft after 17+ years [emoji51])

Microsoft taught you well... your subliminal thinking had me salivating .

Tags
fire