Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2016, 08:15 PM   #15

basement heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullydogs1 View Post
Remember there is a separate zone for the basement..the switch is on the Passenger side on the inside of the cargo bay along with thermostat...turning that switch on heats basement and water tanks..that is actually zone 4 and can only be controlled there and not on the therm panel..

Yep

On that subject, I have the RV in the driveway getting ready for our trip south next week. Last night it was 19 degrees so, basement heat was important! I lowered all the interior zones in hopes of the basement zone consuming the majority of the heat!
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited(his)
bamaspiveys is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2016, 08:22 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
This is a bit long, but should answer most of your questions.. I have it in a file on my phone for reference while traveling. Hope it helps!

RV THERMOSTAT NOTES

Zones

Zone 1 is the front of the coach. Cooling is from the front A/C unit. Heat is from either the front heat pump (electric mode) or forced air using the AquaHot system (gas mode).

Zone 2 is the middle of the coach. Cooling is from the mid A/C unit. Heat is from either the mid heat pump (electric mode) or in-floor heating using the AquaHot system (gas mode). (all the tiled flooring aft of the front seats)

Zone 3 is the rear of the coach. Cooling is from the rear A/C unit. Heat is from either the rear heat pump (electric mode) or forced air using the AquaHot system (gas mode).

Zone 4 is forced air heat to the basement, controlled by a separate thermostat in the basement that has only temperature select and an on/off switch. It uses AquaHot for heating, and has no cooling mode.

There are 3 sources of environmental heat to the coach… fireplace, heat pumps, and AquaHot.

Fireplace

The fireplace is a 1500w electric heater, and requires AC power from either shore power or the generator. Running the generator only to use the fireplace is inefficient.

Heat pumps

The 3 rooftop air conditioners run in reverse to heat the coach and are ineffective at lower outside air temperatures. They begin to lose efficiency approaching 45F, and will stop providing heat altogether at 40F & below.

A heat pump for Zone 1, 2, or 3 is selected at the thermostat using the ‘electric’ mode. Heat pumps require AC power from either shore power or the generator. They are not as powerful as the AquaHot system, and are inefficient powered by the generator. They are best suited when connected to shore power and when the OAT is above 40F.

AquaHot

The AquaHot boiler provides heated circulating fluid to forced air registers in Zones 1, 3, & 4 (front, rear, basement), and to the in-floor heat system using Zone 2. AquaHot heat for Zones 1, 2, or 3 is selected at the thermostat using the ‘gas’ mode.

Fluid in the AquaHot boiler is heated using an electric heater (~ 2k BTU), or a gas burner (~ 50k BTU), or both. ‘Electric’ and ‘Burner’ select switches are in the mid-bath (near the thermostat). The ‘Electric’ heater requires AC power from either shore power or the generator. The gas ‘Burner’ uses diesel fuel. (propane on the Aspire) When the engine is running, engine heat is automatically routed to add heat to the AquaHot boiler. (n/a on Aspire)

The ‘Engine Preheat’ switch sends AquaHot fluid to the engine block for pre-heating. (n/a on Aspire) This switch should remain off except to pre-heat the engine when starting in very cold temperatures.

***On diesel-fired Aquahots turn on zone 2 and gas heat while travelling and you will get free heat from the engine while traveling. You do not have to turn on the diesel boiler or the electric switch to get this free heat. This will keep your floors from cooling down while traveling.

As noted, the Aquahot electric heating element provides only a small amount of heat and will suffice only down to 50 or 55 degrees. In colder temperatures I use the heat pumps (electric heat setting on zones 1 through 3) to heat the coach if plugged in and the outside temps are above 40F. This avoids the use of diesel fuel. If not plugged in or temps below 40F use the diesel burner. It will keep you comfy regardless of the outside temperature.

In mildly cold temperatures when plugged in, I use heat pumps on zone 1 and 3 and use gas heat setting on zone 2 with just the electric switch on, not the burner. The zone 2 setting takes the chill off the floor using electricity not diesel.
UncleJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:04 PM   #17

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Mine is a 2012 Entegra Aspire 42 deq.I will see if I can figure out how to update my settings.thank you
ROBERT OLSEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:23 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT OLSEN View Post
Mine is a 2012 Entegra Aspire 42 deq.I will see if I can figure out how to update my settings.thank you
Disregard my previous post. Totally different thermostat on the 2012's. They changed mid 2013. It is important when asking questions to have the year in your signature as there are so many equipment changes even mid year. I don't know a thing about the newer models so I keep quiet.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:28 AM   #19

Good post Jamie. That is, as I recall, what I had in my notes and printed out somewhere in the coach or buried in one of my computer devices. That is the operational cooling and heating system in a nutshell.

Sent from my iPhone 70NAM
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:52 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVsCoach View Post
Good post Jamie. That is, as I recall, what I had in my notes and printed out somewhere in the coach or buried in one of my computer devices. That is the operational cooling and heating system in a nutshell.

Sent from my iPhone 70NAM

I don't take credit for it.. it has been posted here before, so I copied it to a file on my cell phone for quick reference. Wish I could have remembered who originally posted so I could pass credit to them. These coaches can be a bit confusing, and I appreciate the collective knowledge here on this forum as well as the willingness to share and help others. Just trying to do my part.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:37 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJamie View Post
I don't take credit for it.. it has been posted here before, so I copied it to a file on my cell phone for quick reference. Wish I could have remembered who originally posted so I could pass credit to them. These coaches can be a bit confusing, and I appreciate the collective knowledge here on this forum as well as the willingness to share and help others. Just trying to do my part.
It was Marc, MRUSA. It is also my Aqua Hot bible. It's printed out and on all of my computers and tablets...syncing is great
Everyone should have a copy, it is easy to forget from season to season, what gets turned on where. Unless you have a Vega Touch.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:05 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
It was Marc, MRUSA. It is also my Aqua Hot bible. It's printed out and on all of my computers and tablets...syncing is great
Everyone should have a copy, it is easy to forget from season to season, what gets turned on where. Unless you have a Vega Touch.
Thanks Chuck, and Marc for a great post!

That CRS disease kicks in every now and then.. forget season to season, I sometimes forget what I had for dinner last night.

Tags
heat