Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2013, 04:51 AM   #1

Aqua hot ?

Well I have asked so many questioned over the years o the Tiffin site that I think they were getting tired of me so we bought a Entegra Aspire so I could come over here and bother you guys LOL!!!
Question,, we have never had or paid any attention to aqua hot systems in the past but kept being told it's the way to go so it didn't run us away from the Entegra.
My question from those that have the LP aqua hot on the aspire. Does it use a bunch of propane while your using it compared to a hot water heater like we have in the Tiffin.
Or Tiffin only has a 30 gal LP tank compared to the 50gal on the Aspire and it lasts a good while.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
You can use your AquaHot on either electric or LP. Just the electric will meet most of your needs, we turn the LP on for showers, but that's because we like long showers. Other than that, the only time you will need to use the LP on your AquaHot will be to run the heat. That can burn through a tank of gas pretty quick depending on how cold it is. The AquaHot runs your basement heat, floor heat and the "forced air furnace." I'd guess you'd go through at least a tank a month if you were in some pretty cold weather. Never had mine in "real" winter weather but did have a few weeks of pretty cold nights (20's) last winter. Used the electric during the day - it was enough to keep the floor warm during the warmer days - but the gas had to be on every night. I filled the tank twice over the winter (well, three times but the first was due to the bay heat being turned all the way up...now that uses some gas ). This summer, on a 3 week trip, just using the gas for hot water and cooking, the tank level barely moved. Hope that helps some.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #3

I only used my aqua hot once so far, this weekend for the first time. It worked great. The question I have is how do you use the heat pumps. In the delivery, it all made sense but now I can't seem to get it to work. My notes are not helping and the book has old information on the control unit. I may need to call the technician for an explanation.

Shawn
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Not sure if we have the same system - I know they switched providers since we purchased our unit - but our thermostat has a "mode" button that allows us to select Air, Heat Pump, Fan, or Furnace (the AquaHot forced air system). Hope that helps.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here is a education on your heating systems plus more info in QT's 1 & 2 on other related systems.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:39 AM   #6

Thanks for the replies. It should be interesting. I have also been reading about the hot water not getting that hot and something about a anti scald clip.
I don't take that hot of a shower so I'm not that worried but my wife does.
We might just camp at the dealers lot for a few days when we pick it up LOL!!
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #7

Ted cook fixed our issue by hooking in the floor heater to the aqua hot system, so now we just turn on the burner switch for five minutes before we take a shower and have uninterrupted hot water (you can replicate this by turning on the floor heater for about 15 minutes before showering). Once we're finished showering, we just turn off the burner (saves propane).
Aussies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
We haven't had any problems - and we both like long, hot showers.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #9

What about heating the coach with the LP Aqua hot? We were in the mountains of New Mexico a few weeks ago and it was getting down to 46 degrees in the AM. I turned on the fireplace and it was enough to take the chill out of the air since it was not that cold. We did not want the fireplace and were going to order an Aspire without one. I'm glad we have it now. One night when we were getting ready for bed at about 11:00 PM I turned zone two to the LP heat setting and turned on the LP on the Aqua Hot. That should be floor heat right? In the morning around 6:00 AM I could barely feel a few spots that were warm on the floor. One morning I turned on the zone one and zone two LP heat. I was surprised how little air came out of the vents. My last coach had two heaters that blew really hard and even though it would come on every five minutes in 20 degree weather (poor insulation) it warmed the coach up fast. I'm just a little worried about how little air I feel coming out of the vents plus I have no idea how long it should take to get the whole floor warm?

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
The floor can take 24 hours to heat - and start warm and then adjust down (Ted's advice and it works well) but I think you are right to be concerned about low air flow. That probably should be checked out. Ours puts out great air flow at all registers and will warm the coach up quickly. I had nights down in the 20's and the coach stayed nice and warm. Once the floor got warm, I only needed the furnace at night - the floor heat is great!
Old 09-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
The floor can take 24 hours to heat - and start warm and then adjust down (Ted's advice and it works well) but I think you are right to be concerned about low air flow. That probably should be checked out. Ours puts out great air flow at all registers and will warm the coach up quickly. I had nights down in the 20's and the coach stayed nice and warm. Once the floor got warm, I only needed the furnace at night - the floor heat is great!
Thanks for the info on the floor heat. I wrote it wrong. I turned on zone one and zone three (not one and two) and felt very little air from the registers. There was air blowing but nothing like my old coaches. In the DLQ there are not many (maybe only one) in the front of the coach. I really need to spend more time messing with it but with our current temps I really can't.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:54 AM   #12

Can anyone recommend what type of (and were to purchase) the antifreeze/Propylene Glycol based gel for the Aqua Hot system????? that is needed in the unit?

Many thanks-

Vargo QH
VargoQH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
I sent you an email with links.

Emerson
Old 09-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #14

Camco 35116 Boiler Antifreeze Concentrate - 32 oz : Amazon.com : Automotive
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote