Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2014, 06:22 PM   #1

Aqua Hot ?

I am noticing that we have hot water when we arrive at our campsite/rv park. we have an aqua hot diesel in our 2012 Anthem.

my question is, how can I have hot water when none of the system/switches are on.....is the engine loop and aqua hot always circulating and producing hot water, even though the switch is not in the on position? of course, the hot water does not last unless I switch on the electric and/or diesel switches. I thought the engine switch of the aqua hot only circulated fluid through the engine block when the switch was in the on position?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2014, 06:27 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Engine loop always circulating. If you drive in the winter, you'll have free coach heating as well as water !
Old 06-22-2014, 06:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Engine loop always circulating. If you drive in the winter, you'll have free coach heating as well as water !
well isn't that special, another benefit to an already great system. thanks for the clarification.

so then the only reason to turn on the engine switch is to pre heat the block before starting engine in the morning?
Old 06-22-2014, 06:44 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thats it.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:47 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Coasting Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post

We love this feature! Hot water at every rest stop for washing hands, showers awaiting before Happy Hour at the end of a day's driving; actually, no need to flip a switch until about 24 hours after docking. All thanks to block heat.
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:37 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
You don't take very long showers, or the Beaver has a large hot water tank. Ours will give you abut 10 minutes of shower max maybe, but RVN is correct...very nice to have on the road.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Don't expect this from an Aspire, however, because Entegra doesn't connect this loop in the Aspire model, even though it's built into the Cummins engine. I wonder what it would entail to make this connection as a modification to my Aspire?

Pat

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:35 PM   #8

Prolly just a tee in the right spot, maybe even a circulating pump in the right spot too
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:20 PM   #9

Our aqua hot 450d seems to run through out the day even though we never use any hot water, what would cause this?

Tom
2014 Anthem 44DLQ
taraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:54 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by taraf View Post
Our aqua hot 450d seems to run through out the day even though we never use any hot water, what would cause this?

Tom
2014 Anthem 44DLQ
We usually leave ours on electric to use the CG power unless we need a shower or more hot water than the electric can provide. Is either switch on?
Old 06-25-2014, 03:10 PM   #11

Yes, I just leave the burner switch on since we are on 30A shore. But the burner just turns on and runs for a while for no reason...
taraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:17 PM   #12
Community Moderator

The aquahot keeps the boiler tank at a certain temperature, so that it's always "ready" to provide hot water. You can switch on the electric element to keep the boiler up to temperature without using the diesel (until it needs to heat incoming water).

Periodic exercise of the diesel burner is a good thing.....keeps the fuel nozzle clean.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Yes, I just leave the burner switch on since we are on 30A shore. But the burner just turns on and runs for a while for no reason...

Since you have the electric element turned off, which is a good idea on 30 amp power, then the burner will fire when the AH thermostat calls for heat.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:00 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
The burner is your primary heat source for the Aqua hot. If the burner is in the on position, the unit will call for it even if you are on shore power and the electric switch is on. Although the system is an "insta-hot" type system, it does keep an exchanger at a temperature so that you have hot water instantly. When you do not use water, the unit keep this small amount ready. So you will hear the burner kick in even when you are not using water.

When I am plugged into 50 amp, I leave the burner off and use the electric switch on. If I know I am going to use more hot water (DW, long shower, or Clothes washer) I will put the diesel burner switch to on.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote