Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2014, 08:18 PM   #1

Aqua Hot

I think this might have been talked about. But when my Aqua Hot starts up it sounds like a trumpet. Does anyone know what causes this?

Brett & Christine
2014 Aspire 44U
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Gregory0495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2014, 08:31 PM   #2

At least yours works mine starts hot then goes lukewarm every time embarrassing for what they cost.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:45 PM   #3
bcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory0495 View Post
I think this might have been talked about. But when my Aqua Hot starts up it sounds like a trumpet. Does anyone know what causes this?

Brett & Christine
2014 Aspire 44U
2014 Jeep Cherokee
So does mine. It moans. I think it has to do with the combustion fan and the length of the exhaust pipe. Mine usually only does it once when starting from cold. Subsequent restarts make less or no noise. Other than that, mine works great and produces unlimited hot water and heat. I love it!
Old 12-08-2014, 04:26 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
At least yours works mine starts hot then goes lukewarm every time embarrassing for what they cost.

I would think you were still under warranty, have you had it looked at? I'm sure there is something wrong that can be fixed or replaced. Hot water and heat are a necessity, IMO.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:34 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
There is an update kit out to help correct the problem. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/aqua...ml#post2297499

You will need to contact AH for the kit and see if it solves the problem.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:55 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I think my previous RV, 13 Aspire w 375LP Aqua hot was somewhat louder than the diesel unit in my 14 Anthem. So far, I've had no problems with hot water output.

JohnnyReno
If your unit is producing continuous hot water I think you need to call CS and see about servicing.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:11 AM   #7

I just got this this morning from ahot,,,,,,,I prolly will have to call in a pro Not sure whos in vegas that is good on these 450 d units
Good Morning John,
If the unit was working fine, the first thing I would do is make sure nothing else can be mixing the hot and cold water. Some people leave the outside water faucet on and it acts as a second mixervalve, so you only get luke warm water out of all the other faucets. The next thing I would do is make sure the stir pump is activating within 1-2 minutes after you start running hot water. The stir pump is pump #3, and will run whenever the diesel burner status light is on, and the low temp cutoff status light is out, usually 1-2 minutes after you start running hot water. The next thing I would check is the boiler tank temperature, make sure the Aqua Hot is operating between 155 – 185*F.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:12 AM   #8

I mentioned I don't have that type of faucet below its either on or off.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #9

Johnny

You definitely need to get it service!!! An AquaHot 450 should be bullet-proof.. My 2001 Monaco AquaHot does a fantastic job. Find a real service tech and don't leave before he has it cookin'

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:07 PM   #10

THX gary I got that letter from ahot I dang sure am not gonna fool around with what I know nothing about, I need to find a qualified person in vegas next week sometime. Somehow I thought the same however mine has been inconsistent from the gate I have never had aqua hot b4. So didn't know what to expect
Old 12-08-2014, 09:45 PM   #11

Nor'easters Club
Johnny, just a thought. The outside faucet they may be referring to is an out side shower, hot cold turned on, but shut off at the shower head, that is one way to mix both h and cold, thus only warm water inside.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:02 PM   #12

Yep we don't have that type, on off only it will be all over the ground if we don't turn both off thx though
Old 12-09-2014, 08:38 AM   #13

I had Lloyd DeGerald do my last service at the Albany Monaco pre rally in Georgia last spring. He and others tend to move with the RV snow birds and the FMCA and manufacturer rallies around the country and I would not be surprised that he is near. He has a web page .... Lloyd Degerald - Home. It has his phone numbers and contact information.

What I particularly like about LLoyd is that he is first a master certified Aqua-Hot technician, second a generally nice guy, third reasonable cost for his work, and fourth, he talks the entire time that he is working on your AquaHot and if you just sit there while he works, he loves to tell you everything about your unit, what needs to be done with the unit, and how to do it yourself in the future. He worked on my coach in the middle of a rally field and he taught me more about how my aqua hot worked and how to do most of what needs to be done next time I DIY it than I could imagine. He was great and when I see him next, if the AH needs serviced, he will be the guy that does it.

If you are not getting heat, you need to get it fixed right now, but give him a call from the web page and see if he is not somewhere close to you now.

Gary
Old 12-09-2014, 08:47 AM   #14

One more thing.... most people say that an Aqua Hot should be serviced annually.

The orifice of the diesel jet will eventually start to change the spray and the igniter tips will decay and the spark will become harder to get to ignite the diesel and there is both an overflow tank and a combustion chamber tank, and he checks everything and fixes anything that needs to be fixed. I think that I paid him a little more than $100 bucks (maybe $125) to work over my unit, which only needed a new diesel orifice and the spark tips adjusted slightly. His services should be reimbursed by Entegra if you cant find a dealer.

I'm not sure that I would get the Aqua Hot done every year, but it won't go beyond two years if the exhaust is clear, clean, and shows no soot or black smoke a minute after igniting and beginning to burn (it is normal to get it soon after it starts) as I don't use mine a lot, but regular maintenance is SOP

Gary