Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2018, 06:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
No attempt to answer for Mark but we own the 1st production 16 Anthem A. Which wasn't exactly what we planned on.
I assume then you have a small window in that wall space and a Lambright recliner was " stored " there. The only way you could use the recliner was to remove it from the storage spit and put it out in the floor near couch/table.
Our 16 Anthem A HAD that same setup until we modified the floor plan, removing the angled cabinet/ fireplace, installing the tv on a wall mounted arm and putting a 68" Lambright recliner in the space with overhead cabinets for the electronics. We also removed the passenger side couch and put in 2 Lambright recliners with a center table.

Thanks fir that info. Yes we have a nice, contemporary styled recliner that just sits in that space when we travel and then gets moved wherever. Have looked at current A plan options and want to do what you described. Anything you can share on who did your mod, and where you sourced the new furniture? How you mounted TV, etc.
We have NO window in that long wall slide on DS

If you prefer to take offline, my email is david.heath76@gmail.com

Thanks
DavidH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2018, 08:49 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidH2 View Post
Thanks for the info. Not sure about the pumps, they are working fine right now. Will ask when I go to Indiana soon for PDI.
Do you recall what if anything was on DS between fireplace and kitchen sink / pull out counter? When I got it there was just a blank carpeted space, no desk and TV is permanent on angled fireplace. Everything else seems to be same as later models I have seen. Runs great!
Yep, that was the space for the recliner. During the go/no-go meeting there was no recliner there at that time. Also, the prototype did not have a window in that area. The entire slideout was windowless, which was the fist thing that was changed on the production run. The desk model came with a nice large window while the fireplace/TV/recliner setup had a smaller window, like is on Brian's 44A.

The desk began as a special for me, then later became an option, then became standard and rotated through about 5 revisions until they settled. My original design worked well but the slideouts are fitted prior to installation and my desk actually wrapped around the slideout trim so that the slideout couldn't be installed with the desk already mounted. That was a problem for production so the desk was redesigned. The other issue I found was that the mid-bath door wouldn't open when the slides were in because it hit the raised slideout floor by the fridge. I asked Tadd and Rick Catron (the engineer) to try to get in there so that was also a revision in the production models. I'm pretty sure they cut of the bottom of the door on the proto to allow it to open. You also have an older style of Girard awnings and bathroom skylight. The new style awnings came out just prior to the production run and are wider, have a different multi-angle when extended and take up a bit more roof space.

Your coach should work well. It was pretty much hand built.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:50 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
Yep, that was the space for the recliner. During the go/no-go meeting there was no recliner there at that time. Also, the prototype did not have a window in that area. The entire slideout was windowless, which was the fist thing that was changed on the production run. The desk model came with a nice large window while the fireplace/TV/recliner setup had a smaller window, like is on Brian's 44A.

The desk began as a special for me, then later became an option, then became standard and rotated through about 5 revisions until they settled. My original design worked well but the slideouts are fitted prior to installation and my desk actually wrapped around the slideout trim so that the slideout couldn't be installed with the desk already mounted. That was a problem for production so the desk was redesigned. The other issue I found was that the mid-bath door wouldn't open when the slides were in because it hit the raised slideout floor by the fridge. I asked Tadd and Rick Catron (the engineer) to try to get in there so that was also a revision in the production models. I'm pretty sure they cut of the bottom of the door on the proto to allow it to open. You also have an older style of Girard awnings and bathroom skylight. The new style awnings came out just prior to the production run and are wider, have a different multi-angle when extended and take up a bit more roof space.

Your coach should work well. It was pretty much hand built.
Yes the mid bath door does clear the raised super slide when closed and to prevent it from hitting the fridge there is a short stopper rod out of the bottom of the door that hits the raised slide floor.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:57 AM   #18

Quote:
Thanks fir that info. Yes we have a nice, contemporary styled recliner that just sits in that space when we travel and then gets moved wherever. Have looked at current A plan options and want to do what you described. Anything you can share on who did your mod, and where you sourced the new furniture? How you mounted TV, etc.
We have NO window in that long wall slide on DS

If you prefer to take offline, my email is david.heath76@gmail.com

Thanks
David, will send email w/pics and info !
Old 01-19-2018, 07:02 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
Yes the mid bath door does clear the raised super slide when closed and to prevent it from hitting the fridge there is a short stopper rod out of the bottom of the door that hits the raised slide floor.

IMO the other issue with the design is the fixed dining table and the lack of clearance between it and the kitchen counter when slides are closed. The mid bath door is tight for sure, but if I had a $1 for every time I have hit my *#@* knee cap on the cabinet pulls trying to squeeze by the table I could buy a tank of diesel! That table needs to be either a little shorter, or hinged down or something!
DavidH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:29 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

I have the same table. That's a health benefit because it keeps you from getting fat - unless you never want to get to the bathroom again when the slides are in.

I believe that the dinette cabinetry was narrowed in a future years to allow for more room. The exterior TV eats up a bit of room and intrudes into that 6" ledge behind the dinette. If it wasn't for that TV there would be much more room. A new table design with a removable insert would probably help but then you still have to store the insert.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:00 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
I have the same table. That's a health benefit because it keeps you from getting fat - unless you never want to get to the bathroom again when the slides are in.

I believe that the dinette cabinetry was narrowed in a future years to allow for more room. The exterior TV eats up a bit of room and intrudes into that 6" ledge behind the dinette. If it wasn't for that TV there would be much more room. A new table design with a removable insert would probably help but then you still have to store the insert.
Don't cabinet makers remember how to make drop leaf tables?
Old 01-19-2018, 08:41 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Don't cabinet makers remember how to make drop leaf tables?
Most people probably couldn't lift it once down and the hardware might have trouble supporting the weight when up. That quartz is awful heavy. But it also works great for defrosting meats. It absorbs the cold and thaws them out real fast. Newmar has a nice drop-in leaf that works well.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:51 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Wow, I enjoyed reading this thread.
How cool, having the first preproduction handbuilt coach!
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:38 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
IMO the other issue with the design is the fixed dining table and the lack of clearance between it and the kitchen counter when slides are closed. The mid bath door is tight for sure, but if I had a $1 for every time I have hit my *#@* knee cap on the cabinet pulls trying to squeeze by the table I could buy a tank of diesel! That table needs to be either a little shorter, or hinged down or something!

A low cost solution to this is to take the table off and cut 3 to 4 inches off the back side using a skill saw with a stone cutting blade then reinstall. The table will then go in 3 to 4 inches further (so you can now gain weight and still pass by). Yes, the table is smaller, but it really isnít practical for more than 2 people anyway.

Tags
fluid