Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2022, 01:24 PM   #1

Aqua Hot ????

Hoping someone as seen or k owns what the issue might be. We have our electric and burner switched to on in our coach. After about 7 to 10 hours the burner light on our on switch will go out. I then will turn off the burner switch and wait 30 seconds and the burner will come back on. I’m having to do this every 7 hours or so. Does anyone know what the problem might be??? In Ohio and it’s going to get real cold this weekend hoping the burner won’t quit working altogether. Just in case I have a heater for basement and coach. 2019 Aspire 44W.
TIA.
Armye7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2022, 01:49 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You can troubleshoot the system using the inline manuals at www.aquahot.com

They have a really good section with the owners, installation, and service manuals for most everything. The service manuals have flowcharts in the back that take you step by step.

I recently had a problem with my burner light being out and the pump turning off and not lighting. Turned out to be the control unit, which I figured out from a pinout test procedure.

https://myrvworks.com/

https://myrvworks.com/manuals/

Choose "Hydronic Heaters" and "Aquahot". The troubleshooting PDF's are referenced in his video, which is VERY informative. I ended up failing a step in the process and needed a new controller, which I got from Frerichs Electronics

I actually spoke with Jim and he's a super guy and got me the rebuilt part in a hurry.
Scepter40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 02:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armye7 View Post
Hoping someone as seen or k owns what the issue might be. We have our electric and burner switched to on in our coach. After about 7 to 10 hours the burner light on our on switch will go out. I then will turn off the burner switch and wait 30 seconds and the burner will come back on. I’m having to do this every 7 hours or so. Does anyone know what the problem might be??? In Ohio and it’s going to get real cold this weekend hoping the burner won’t quit working altogether. Just in case I have a heater for basement and coach. 2019 Aspire 44W.
TIA.

The light going out is an indicator you have an issue with the burner side of the aqua hot. When was the last time you had it serviced? If the unit is not cycling back on when called for you will have this light go out. Ot if it flames out the light can go out. A service center would be able to bypass the control board and see what Is happening internally. Can you add a picture of the large black controller in the bay above the aqua hot. That will show what the board is calling for when it fails.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 02:26 PM   #4

System was serviced in October of 21. When it runs it sounds good, no black smoke no smell of diesel. It will just shut off after 7 hours or so. When it shuts off I have no red lights on the panel in the bay. I go back in and start up with no issues.
Old 03-09-2022, 02:36 PM   #5

Try turning it on and let it get up to temperature and shut off. Verify the light is still on, then go outside and run the hot water and see if the unit will reignite. The light should stay on the entire time. You could have a thermostat issue or a control board on the burner giving you the issue.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 03:20 PM   #6

Friend had that same problem and it turned out to be a control box. I think it was a box that was mounted on the outside of the AH. I was not around when it was replaced and he has not shown me where it was located.
Old 03-09-2022, 03:32 PM   #7

I wonder if that’s the black bow mounted on the side of the burner that has 2 plug in adaptors.
Old 03-09-2022, 03:36 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Aqua Hot ????

As others stated the light going out when running diesel burner is a diesel burner fault. The source of the fault can be from a number of places. And yes it’s the control box on side of burner that is where the fault is generated but may not be the cause.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1643.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	344.5 KB
ID:	358733
Old 03-09-2022, 03:41 PM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Ours did that and replacing the nozzle fixed it. They get gummed up. I replaced the filter at the same time. We haven’t had a problem since and I keep an extra nozzle and filter on hand if anything happens between annual maintenance.
Old 03-09-2022, 08:12 PM   #10

Actually I think these situations have more to do with how quickly the burner ignites and if the ignition is detected. one thing to check and two things to try. time how long it takes for the burner to ignite. If seems to take a long time the ignition cycle may be timing out. Clean and adjust the electrodes and clean the photo sensor. I have done that in the past and fixed the problem. The techs that service these units are not always careful about adjusting the electrode or cleaning the sensors and combustion chamber.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 07:56 AM   #11

I had the same issue, the burner light would turn off.. Called Aqua hot and ran through some troubleshooting , and they said it was the control box , that there was a delay or no signal to fire the burner up when heat was being called for , i took the control box off and check the connections and cleaned them. I put the box back in with the connections on to vs on the bottom.. that was a two years ago , and it been working ever since.
ECVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 01:03 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armye7 View Post
TIA.
I have the same problem and it has been that way for 4 months. The burner light just goes out with no predictability on when it will happen. I called Aqua Hot and another person (Rudy Legget) who specializes in Aqua hot repair. The conclusion is it could be the igniter coil or control board. Both of these parts are rather expensive parts for a maybe the cause of the burner going off intermittently. So when it get’s warmer weather I am going to do another service and see if changing the nozzle, filter, and doing a complete cleaning of the other internal parts will fix the problem. My theory is that the flame sensor could be very dirty or defective, and not sensing correctly, causing the malfunction. If it does not work then I going to get the expensive parts.

As long as the burner switch continues to reset when I turn switch off and back on it just an inconvenience but if it does not reset then it is a big issue in cold weather.
rorr1821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 06:03 PM   #13

Aqua Hot ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorr1821 View Post
I have the same problem and it has been that way for 4 months. The burner light just goes out with no predictability on when it will happen. I called Aqua Hot and another person (Rudy Legget) who specializes in Aqua hot repair. The conclusion is it could be the igniter coil or control board. Both of these parts are rather expensive parts for a maybe the cause of the burner going off intermittently. So when it get’s warmer weather I am going to do another service and see if changing the nozzle, filter, and doing a complete cleaning of the other internal parts will fix the problem. My theory is that the flame sensor could be very dirty or defective, and not sensing correctly, causing the malfunction. If it does not work then I going to get the expensive parts.

As long as the burner switch continues to reset when I turn switch off and back on it just an inconvenience but if it does not reset then it is a big issue in cold weather.

Mine won’t reset, I have to turn off and wait 2 hours and then it fires back up. It only does this when it’s cold and I have the thermostat set to burner. If I turn off the thermostat and have the burner on just to heat water it never times out will stay on with out any issues.
Old 03-15-2022, 11:10 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Same symptoms with mine. Fortunately it was under warranty. Both the igniter and control boards were replaced. That was three years ago and problem solved. You might try replacing one, hopefully the correct one, rather than springing for both.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aqua hot