Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2020, 12:31 PM   #29

OK, now that I have read all the tags on this I'm really confused. I have a 2019 Insignia 37mb, with an AH 250P system. It drinks antifreeze, with no apparent leaks. Any ideas? it has been serviced twice by an AH factory rep, at my expense, and I have hot water only when I top off the system. Topped off, I have hot water for about 7 to 10 days and then it stops working. This AH system is a PITA.
DLBCW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2020, 03:54 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLBCW3 View Post
OK, now that I have read all the tags on this I'm really confused. I have a 2019 Insignia 37mb, with an AH 250P system. It drinks antifreeze, with no apparent leaks. Any ideas? it has been serviced twice by an AH factory rep, at my expense, and I have hot water only when I top off the system. Topped off, I have hot water for about 7 to 10 days and then it stops working. This AH system is a PITA.

You may have air bubbles in your lines. Don’t let your expansion tank get below the cold line, and while adding to the hot line while at full temp, let some of the air escape from the air value on top of the Aquahot. You may have to do this several times to get all the air out.
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 04:59 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
As Rusty said, not unusual to have air in the system. My 14 never needed to add fluid. My 19 is low every time I check it and all I have done is cycle it every 30 day while in storage.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 04:34 AM   #32

Thanks for the info and I will keep filling it up. Safe travels
DLBCW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:04 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead-54 View Post
Amazon sells CAMCO pink #30027 at $20 a gallon with no shipping charges.
If you were to use this do you still need to dilute it or just use it right out of the jug? If I'm reading correctly I'd need 6 gallons?
Capt Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:18 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Van View Post
If you were to use this do you still need to dilute it or just use it right out of the jug? If I'm reading correctly I'd need 6 gallons?
You can buy either. One bottle will have "No Mixing Required" while the other bottle could say "Concentrated". Just depends on which one you purchase.

Which ever one you buy, make sure you have a RefractoMeter to test it.
https://heatmyrv.com/product/refract...g-msx-907-162/

Concentrated
https://www.camperid.com/camco/32-oz...75378606814099

No Mixing Required.
https://www.overtons.com/boiler--100...oOuA&gclsrc=ds
Old 04-20-2020, 07:23 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleySG View Post
You can buy either. One bottle will have "No Mixing Required" while the other bottle could say "Concentrated". Just depends on which one you purchase.

Which ever one you buy, make sure you have a RefractoMeter to test it.
https://heatmyrv.com/product/refract...g-msx-907-162/

Concentrated
https://www.camperid.com/camco/32-oz...75378606814099

No Mixing Required.
https://www.overtons.com/boiler--100...oOuA&gclsrc=ds
May Help - Aqua-Hot - Frequently Asked Questions
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:25 AM   #36

Quote:
CAMCO 30027 comes premixed....use it straight out of the container.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=camco+30027&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

As for the quantity...if you simply just drain the Aquahot itself, you are not going to need even 6 gallons. If you manage to flush the entire system which is not easily done, you'll need somewhere in the 10-12 gallon range.
Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:02 AM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Van,

I cannot agree with the advice you have received from several members here. The Camco pink -100 boiler antifreeze (30027) STILL needs to be diluted to get the antifreeze in the range that Aquahot recommends. In my case when I changed mine out the 1 gallon of -100 boiler antifreeze made about 2 gallons of fluid for the ratio that was recommended by Aquahot.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:05 AM   #38

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Van,

I cannot agree with the advice you have received from several members here. The Camco pink -100 boiler antifreeze (30027) STILL needs to be diluted to get the antifreeze in the range that Aquahot recommends. In my case when I changed mine out the 1 gallon of -100 boiler antifreeze made about 2 gallons of fluid for the ratio that was recommended by Aquahot.
I agree!
Old 04-20-2020, 11:27 AM   #39

AquaHot recommends 35-50% and the one gallon CAMCO jugs are listed as 67% so yes, using the 1 gallon jugs as-is will exceed the recommended ratio IF you are filling a completely dry/purged system.

My reference: http://www.aquahot.com/faqs.aspx

So technically you can dilute a gallon of CAMCO #30027 by almost 50% (distilled water) and meet the the AquaHot recommended minimum level.

Using a refractometer and sampling the fluid after it has had time to fully circulate throughout the system is technically the way to ensure you are in the 35-50% range.

One additional note....looks like the 1 gallon jugs of Century fluid are 37% propylene glycol
Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:54 AM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for all the valuable info.

This is my first AH. It worked sporadically when they delivered it so they came back and picked it up. (It was already de-winterized as I was planning to visit my mother in TX the end of Feb. Temps here were below freezing but in the 70s there.) They brought it back and the tech told me they has to add 4 gallons to push out air in the lines. Glad to say it is working perfectly now.

Made notes for future reference and marking those pages in the manuals for quick reference.

ONE QUESTION: Why drain a gal annually and replace? Is this part of the annual service recommended? I don't remember seeing it.

Thanks - Drive safe and enjoy - Richard
Old 04-20-2020, 12:09 PM   #41

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtribble View Post

ONE QUESTION: Why drain a gal annually and replace? Is this part of the annual service recommended? I don't remember seeing it.

Thanks - Drive safe and enjoy - Richard
Actually, AH doesn't recommend changing out the boiler fluid at all, unless a pump or valve etc needs to be replaced !

Don't know, maybe they just want to sell more units. Seems to me all antifreeze loses it's corrosion inhibitors over time.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:05 PM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Van,

Hey Don,
Sorry if my comment was implied that no mixing was needed, that was not my intent. I was simply stating what was on the bottle, not they you still don't need to mix.

Always test with your refractometer was my point.

Cheers!

Tags
aqua hot