Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Aqua hot basement heat

I'm trying to set the thermostat for the basement heating. Found the white colored thermostat and know how to set the temp. However there is a small slide switch on top to turn on the device. Looking closely the small lever is marked off and there is an arrow pointing to the Right. That is the position it is in now. My assumption is that the lever must be moved to the left to activate. It is stuck and I'm afraid to force it. Anyone know if there is a trick to making it move right?
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #2

Tom--
You just have to force it---I had the same question and sure enough it doesn't break it is just hard to move---go for it!
iquailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Tom,

Thought the same thing. Day before yesterday, I just did it...moves hard, but it does.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks guys. I'll give a try later today.

I'm going to hijack the thread and ask a semi related question. I noticed that some but not all lights in the basement are on when I open a bay door. Are they automatic or must each be turned on/off with their individual rocker switches? I did open each bay and turned off each light just in case. The lite in the genset compartment was left on by the dealer - caught that one the first night out.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #5

Tom the basement lights are all manual on and off. Dealer must just left them all on. you will need to turn all of them off. Then when you open the door turn it on at the light switch.

I found a fix, we are installing two switches on the passenger side exit that will turn on the basement lights when you exit the bus to go outside and open the cargo doors. it beats fumbling around for the light at night. Just a quick fix that I have seen on some of the other Entegras at Lazydays. it would be a nice if the factory thought of it first.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
May have been part of the reason that the batteries were run down. Constant pull in cool temperatures, that draw from the batteries would have been enough.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Lisa/Mike
Can you give detail on your switch install - maybe even a picture? If it is a quick fix that implies the wires are readily accessible to run to a switch.
mfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Dusty56, I would be interested in the switch's as well. Thanks
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I put a switch like this in my Beaver. The big question is where is the main supply line for the lights in relation to where you want the switch. Unfortunately for me my 12V fuse panel is in the bedroom, so that was where I had to install the switch unless I wanted to run a wire all the way to the front, and there was no easy way to do that. Cs a result the switch did not serve me very well as it was inconvenient to use.

I imagine you would have to run a wire from the 12V fuse panel in the Entegra also to the desired switch location. I would be interested in know how/where they ran the wire going from the switch location to the electric circuit.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrazier View Post
Lisa/Mike
Can you give detail on your switch install - maybe even a picture? If it is a quick fix that implies the wires are readily accessible to run to a switch.
I will start off by saying sometimes things are a lot easier in theory than in real practice. Two methods I saw from Entegra owners, both work one requires relocating wire to the front of the bus and the other requires a work around for the awning wind sensor.

The fuse panel in the bathroom is clearly marked left cargo and Right cargo basement lights (if my memory serves me well). You can do a switch at the fuse panel that would be the easy way to do it. I have seen one Entegra done that way and it works well. You just have to remember to turn it on before you go out to the cargo bay area.

The method I am choosing is to have the switch mounted at the entrance door at the front of the coach. Seams logical you go outside to get something in the cargo area you hit the switch on the way out and the cargo area is lighted. You turn it off when you enter the coach. You will have to locate the light in the cargo area that has the hot lead coming from the fuse block (remember left side and right side so you will need two switches). You tap into that lead and run a wire to the front passenger wheel opening and feed the line up into the coach and connect your switches. Same for the other side. That will give you the ability to have your Ds /Ps switches at the door.

Now for the disclaimer, apparently Entegra has the girard awning wind sensor on the same fuse. I think it is in the 12v plug in the cargo area. If you chose method one (the two switches at the cabinet in the bathroom) when you turn the switch off for the cargo lights you also disconnect the wind sensor for your awning and the 12 v plug. The go around is to have the awning sensor re-directed to another live 12v wire in that situation.

If you are somewhat handy with electrical you should not have a problem. Any tech can accomplish the same in about an hour labor plus materials. I hope this helps those that are interested in the mod. Either way it requires some work.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrazier View Post
Lisa/Mike

just a quick update on the cargo light installation. I attached some pictures. Decided not to chase wiring, instead I used .99 cent door jam switches. I had some in my garage from former projects. If you are familiar with GM cars the switch becomes the ground. Same as an alarm system. The white wire going into the lights in the cargo compartment is the ground. Cut the white wire, and connect it to the switch that you installed, which becomes the new ground, Door opens,light goes on, door closes lights go off. Installed 10 switches at 99 cents, took about 10 to 15 minutes per door. Results each door when opened lights up that cargo light. You still have the option of doing in manually for each door. No draw on the battery when door is shut. You can find these on ebay, a parts store or auto alarm store. I have seen them for as little as 79 cents. Questions send me an email. $10 dollars and 1 1/2 time to do it.

Just a thought, you can attach an alarm as well, someone opens a cargo door engine door or generator door, it will trigger the alarm for further protection. Haven't gone that far but it could probably be hooked up to the existing alarm that we have now if someone breaks the glass.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Entegra cargo lights 007.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	491.9 KB
ID:	33626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Entegra cargo lights 009.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	313.7 KB
ID:	33627  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Entegra cargo lights 013.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	33628   Click image for larger version

Name:	Entegra cargo lights 014.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	33629  

Old 02-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrzryd View Post
I'm trying to set the thermostat for the basement heating. Found the white colored thermostat and know how to set the temp. However there is a small slide switch on top to turn on the device. Looking closely the small lever is marked off and there is an arrow pointing to the Right. That is the position it is in now. My assumption is that the lever must be moved to the left to activate. It is stuck and I'm afraid to force it. Anyone know if there is a trick to making it move right?
After you "force it" once, you will be comfortable. I thought that I would certainly break it since it was just a little piece of plastic, but didn't. It remains stiff, but not as much as the first time you turn it on. "Warm" regards.
slowspokes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowspokes1 View Post
After you "force it" once, you will be comfortable. I thought that I would certainly break it since it was just a little piece of plastic, but didn't. It remains stiff, but not as much as the first time you turn it on. "Warm" regards.
I finally "forced it" and it works just as you state. Good thing too as we recently had a mid - 20s night and the basement remained nice and toasty.