Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2021, 05:23 PM   #1

Aqua Hot Exhaust Extension

I’ve seen the aqua hot exhaust extensions in campgrounds that reach above the coach. Does anyone no a good source for one? Thanks
2013 Harley RG on a HydraLift
Mike&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2021, 05:48 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Google “camco genturi”. And plenty of sources will come up
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 05:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&Chris View Post
I’ve seen the aqua hot exhaust extensions in campgrounds that reach above the coach. Does anyone no a good source for one? Thanks
We use a Gen-turi when the wind is from the "wrong" direction.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-44461-G...a-570834166788

You'll need an exhaust adapter that doesn't come with it. An auto parts store or Camco will sell you one.
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 08:07 AM   #4

I own a Gen-turi but have never used it for the AH.... only for the my Onan Generator.

However, I always thought that the chrome end piece for both the AH and the Onan looked cheap so I quickly replaced the chrome end pieces with much nicer, good looking chrome downturn end pieces (cant remember the manufacturer name (I'll edit)) and replaced both with theirs. The AH end piece is also a nice downturn endpiece and frankly, Dee and I have never complained of AH fumes in the bedroom at any point..... It looks good and works well.

The Gen-turi can be bought from Amazon and saves a few bucks also. The suction cups holding on the vertical stack are probably not good enough for a stiff wind and will need to be replaced with something more sturdy.

To me, a Gen-turi is mandatory for anyone who is boondocking in close proximity to other coaches (for the Onan). I tried to use it for the AH but it just does not work well for the AH and we have never found just a down turn end piece.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 12:47 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I own a Gen-turi but have never used it for the AH.... only for the my Onan Generator.

However, I always thought that the chrome end piece for both the AH and the Onan looked cheap so I quickly replaced the chrome end pieces with much nicer, good looking chrome downturn end pieces (cant remember the manufacturer name (I'll edit)) and replaced both with theirs. The AH end piece is also a nice downturn endpiece and frankly, Dee and I have never complained of AH fumes in the bedroom at any point..... It looks good and works well.

The Gen-turi can be bought from Amazon and saves a few bucks also. The suction cups holding on the vertical stack are probably not good enough for a stiff wind and will need to be replaced with something more sturdy.

To me, a Gen-turi is mandatory for anyone who is boondocking in close proximity to other coaches (for the Onan). I tried to use it for the AH but it just does not work well for the AH and we have never found just a down turn end piece.

Gary
Gary,

The replacement for the cheap Aquahot exhaust tip that Entegra used is a Gibson.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 03:08 PM   #6

Quote:

Gary
What doesn't work well? Ours works fine, despite my initial fears that it might get too hot.
Old 12-09-2021, 04:44 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Gary,

The replacement for the cheap Aquahot exhaust tip that Entegra used is a Gibson.

Any part number of the Gibson exhaust tip? Does it also work for the Onan tip?
Old 12-09-2021, 05:18 PM   #8

The issue is what the incoming diameter (ID) of your exhaust pipe. Thanks to Don 757Drivewr for remembering Gibson. Yes, that is the endpiece that I bought for both the generator and the AH. They are very nice. I will try to find the part numbers for the two that you need later tonight

Here is a full thread about the AH Pipe.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/ste...ip-433989.html

Gary
Old 12-09-2021, 06:22 PM   #9

Quote:
The issue is what the incoming diameter (ID) of your exhaust pipe. Thanks to Don 757Drivewr for remembering Gibson. Yes, that is the endpiece that I bought for both the generator and the AH. They are very nice. I will try to find the part numbers for the two that you need later tonight

Here is a full thread about the AH Pipe.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/ste...ip-433989.html

Gary
On ours, the tip is pinned to the exhaust pipe. Removing the locking pin allows the tip to be removed. I honestly don't know whether this is standard, because I don't look at other people's rigs in that much detail as a rule. Anyway, I drilled the adapter to fit the pin, and use the adapter to get from the exhaust to the Genturi.

Here's a pin like the one on our AH exhaust: https://www.zoro.com/fabory-safety-p...SABEgJ57fD_BwE

Camco sells the adapter, but I don't now recall whether I got it from them or an auto parts store.

A future project is to seal the outside refrigerator compartment from the interior. Perhaps when I do that the startup "puff" smell won't get into the coach any more when the wind is in the wrong direction. If so I won't miss the Genturi setup. Who knows? I might even use it for the genset!
Old 12-09-2021, 06:34 PM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I believe 'most' who install a gen-turi on their AH exhaust is to stop gassing their neighbor.
Not themselves.
Old 12-09-2021, 08:52 PM   #11

I always use a Gen-Turi on the generator, but have never used a Gen-Turi on the AquaHot. I dont worry about it because I have had no problem with gasing neighbors. My AquaHot burns very cleanly and emits absolutely no soot or smoke. Our bedroom is right above the AquaHot bay and it has never been a problem for us with the windows open, and I have camped in close proximity to others at the ENTEGRA@QUARTZSITE GATHERING every January and the same fellow is parked right on my driver side and as I say we park the minimum distance from each other. He has never had a problem with my AquaHot fumes.

Further, about 50% of our coaches use a Gen-Turi attached to their Onan generator exhausts (which are substantially more dirty) but I dont believe there has ever been a coach over 6 years of running the Gathering that has used a Gen-Turi on their AquaHot exhaust and that totals roughly 250 coaches for an average of 7 days. Its just not a problem unless your AH is really in bad shape.

It is just not needed. Further, the Gibson downturn end-piece really takes the exhaust fumes down near ground.

Gary
Old 12-10-2021, 06:20 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
I believe 'most' who install a gen-turi on their AH exhaust is to stop gassing their neighbor.
Not themselves.
The item that both the generator and Aqua Hot have in common is that both exhaust to the ground. This exhaust is hot, and while boondocking in dry woods or even on dry grass, could cause a fire. By raising the exhaust above the coach, eliminates the fire & fume issues.

Be safe

Dr. Mike
Dr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 07:45 AM   #13

Mike

The issue you raise is certainly a theoretical possibility, but in actuality, virtually is never an issue. I have traveled 6 months a year for 7 or 8 years now (except COVID year where was only 3 months) and I can count the number of times that I have parked, boondocked, lived in a spot where I was even a little worried about what is below my AH catching fire can be counted on two to three fingers. Think of how many times an RV park or overnight boondocking location is in the middle of a dry grass location or field.... Almost never. 99% of the time an RV park is gravel, blacktop, or concrete.

Now, living grass might not survive 4 days of a boondocker being parked above it with the downturn AH pipe 5 or 6" above it and the AH burning intermittently, but even that is a rare situation for virtually all motorcoaches..... I can't remember when I have been parked on lush grass that might be damaged.

Yes, a fire is a possibility and if you find yourself parked in some off the beaten path place for boondocking or a very poorly maintained RV park, then by all means make sure that you have everything safe, but installing a Gen-Turi is not the answer for 99.9% of coach owners. You just don't see it in real life.

Gary
Old 12-10-2021, 12:54 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Mike View Post
The item that both the generator and Aqua Hot have in common is that both exhaust to the ground. This exhaust is hot, and while boondocking in dry woods or even on dry grass, could cause a fire. By raising the exhaust above the coach, eliminates the fire & fume issues.

Be safe

Dr. Mike

At the Tampa Super Show we use a turkey cooking aluminum pan filled with water under the exhaust.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aqua hot, exhaust