Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #57

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbersdad View Post
On our "early" 2013, zone 1 and 3 have an "aqua" setting which gives us the forced hot air from the AH.
Do you have a single RV Comfort (black) thermostat in the bathroom?
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #58

Entegra Owners Club
Nope. Got the old fashioned noisy system.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #59

Entegra Owners Club
Got to say...I have the RC, but I have the same thing...gas only in Zone 1 and 3...while later 13s have heat pumps at all three zones...I know mine was a prototype with the Colemans, so I wonder if they just didn't program the black wall system until later. It is just hard for me to believe they would not program it properly until they had the system finalized later in the model year...guess I'll challenge the CS folks with what's going on. Dissappointed in the floor heat as well. AH on in all three zones last night, set at 70 in #1 and #3. Set to 80 in #2 (gas), floor nice and chilly this morning.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #60

Dave, the thermostat booklet tells you how to set up the thermostat. It was 38 deg in Tampa last night and I turned on the floor heat to try it out. I only had the elect element on and the floors were pretty warm. Anyway my booklet tells you how to get into the setup menu. My system definitely has elect heat on all three thermostat for the heat pumps then it has gas heat on all three thermostats #1&3 are for the aqua heaters and # 2 heats the floor. Hope this will help. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #61

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Got to say...I have the RC, but I have the same thing...gas only in Zone 1 and 3...while later 13s have heat pumps at all three zones...I know mine was a prototype with the Colemans, so I wonder if they just didn't program the black wall system until later. It is just hard for me to believe they would not program it properly until they had the system finalized later in the model year...guess I'll challenge the CS folks with what's going on. Dissappointed in the floor heat as well. AH on in all three zones last night, set at 70 in #1 and #3. Set to 80 in #2 (gas), floor nice and chilly this morning.
Dave,

I recommend a call to CS tomorrow. Something's not right.

When I set the black thermostat to HEAT (slider switch to the right), and then set the MODE to Electric in Zones 1, 2, & 3, my rooftop units ALL reverse their flow, and become heat pumps. Then raise the temp in each Zone until the rooftop units engage....heat comes out of the ceiling vents.

If I change the MODE to gas, the rooftop units will all turn off, and the AH system turns on. I have 2 switches beside the thermostat, one operates the electric heater option in the AH, the other switch operates the propane burner function (or diesel). If I turn on the switch for electric, The AH is operating on electricity. If I turn on the burner, the AH burner will fire up if there is a demand for heat from the thermostat. Of course, I can also have both on at the same time.

If your unit does not work the same way, the thermostat may need to be reset. I had this same thermostat in my Phaeton and I frequently had to perform a reset. Ask CS about resetting your thermostat.

Here's the factory reset procedure......RV Comfort
Flip the switch on the RV Comfort thermostat to the OFF (center) position.
Pull off the cover plate.
Carefully pry out the FUSE in the lower Right corner.
Leave it out for at least 10 Minutes......don't cheat on the time.
Replace the fuse.
Leave it alone for at least 5 minutes. During this time it is in the programming mode, and reads all the sensors, high and low Limits, and then reboots back to original default settings.
After 5 minutes have passed, replace the cover and resume normal use.

DO NOT FUDGE THE WAIT TIMES

Pat
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #62

Entegra Owners Club
Our experience with the floor heating.

We have been setting the floor heat at night to see how well it works. This is what we found out. Set at 90*, 2014 45J Cornerstone model. The bedroom floor in our unit does NOT heat up even though we hear it is supposed to. The sink and shower area is spotty. The water closet has NO heat in it at all. The pantry in our unit gets very warm. I don’t think we can keep food in their if we use the floor heating system. For the most part the living room floor works, but again, spotty areas. We have had the floor heating on for over 24hrs at a time because we know that it takes a while for it to heat up the way it should. This is what we have found out about the floor heating with our coach so far. Just a thought, don’t you think the water closet would be at the top of the list for warm places? LOL
14 Cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Cornerstone View Post
We have been setting the floor heat at night to see how well it works. This is what we found out. Set at 90*, 2014 45J Cornerstone model. The bedroom floor in our unit does NOT heat up even though we hear it is supposed to. The sink and shower area is spotty. The water closet has NO heat in it at all. The pantry in our unit gets very warm. I don’t think we can keep food in their if we use the floor heating system. For the most part the living room floor works, but again, spotty areas. We have had the floor heating on for over 24hrs at a time because we know that it takes a while for it to heat up the way it should. This is what we have found out about the floor heating with our coach so far. Just a thought, don’t you think the water closet would be at the top of the list for warm places? LOL
I agree the water closet should be the warmest. I did not check the pantry but the DW thought it was a little warm because of the fridge.
Ours is like yours but from the vanity forward it is very toasty.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #64

Entegra Owners Club
It must vary by floor plan. My 44SL has floor heat and A/C in the W/C. My 2003 Beaver had NO heat OR A/C in the W/C. This is obviously something hardly anyone checks for when shopping.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #65

I have my water drained for storage. Can i still run the heat??
azbuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbuzzard View Post
I have my water drained for storage. Can i still run the heat??
Yes, Aqua-Hot has nothing to do with your water in the coach.
rvbmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbmw1 View Post
Yes, Aqua-Hot has nothing to do with your water in the coach.
I am suspicious of that answer. Aquahot heats the hot water in your coach. What happens when it tries to do that with no water there? I would be comfortable if there were antifreeze in the water lines, but if the lines were blown out, you could have big problems.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I am suspicious of that answer. Aquahot heats the hot water in your coach. What happens when it tries to do that with no water there? I would be comfortable if there were antifreeze in the water lines, but if the lines were blown out, you could have big problems.
I hope not because I drained my coach but because of the washer I left the AH on with the heat set at 45. I don't think it will hurt like an empty home water heater.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
I hope not because I drained my coach but because of the washer I left the AH on with the heat set at 45. I don't think it will hurt like an empty home water heater.

JJ
Aqua hot can run all day long without water hooked up.It has NO bearing on anything when it comes to running the AH for heat

also on another note what is a "water closet" ?
McRvnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #70

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRvnut View Post
Aqua hot can run all day long without water hooked up.It has NO bearing on anything when it comes to running the AH for heat also on another note what is a "water closet" ?
Toilet
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote