Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #43

One more question, if zone 2 is either floor AH or electric heat pump, can you run both at the same time?
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelling View Post
One more question, if zone 2 is either floor AH or electric heat pump, can you run both at the same time?
No. That would be a good idea, but it is not possible as the thermostat is set up now.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #45

The more I think about this the more I believe I was confused about the Allegro Bus. I think it did have 3 heat pumps but only zone 1 front and zone 2 rear for AH. Zone 3 was controlled from basement thermostat. With floor heat the Anthem actually has 5 zones whereas the AB had 4. Is this right? Not that it matters to me anymore but just curious.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra has 3 A/C or heat pump zones, two floor register heat zones, one totally separate basement heat zone and one in-floor heat zone.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #47

Aqua Hot Heat

Entegra customer service told me when DW and I were there in March there were three zones, front, mid and rear on my '13 Anthem DLQ. Set thermostat to gas heat on all three zones. They also stated there was so much mass in the floor of these coaches that it takes around 18 hours before the floor warms appreciably. I agree that the thermostat needs to be set lower.
geneb28532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I would put it this way:

Zone 1: FRONT floor level outlets-AH diesel or electric or both-------> "gas" setting
Front Electric Heat Pump---------------> "electric" setting

Zone 2: IN-Floor heat AH electric or diesel----------> "gas" setting only
Zone 2: Center Electric Heat Pump-------> "electric" setting

Zone 3: REAR-floor level outlets-AH diesel or electric or both -------> "gas" setting
Rear Electric Heat Pump-----------> "electric" setting

For Aspire, change "diesel" to "propane"
So...again, reviewing posts, several have said that all three roof units act as heat pumps...and the settings here suggest the same thing. Unless I'm missing something that ought to be real evident, for heating in Zone 1 and 3, my control unit shows one setting on heat and that is "Gas". There is no choice for "electric" in Zones 1 and 3. So what am I missing.

FWIW, Zone 2 does operate in "electric" as a heat pump. Of course, if you are using this mode, you can't heat the floor.

Help...I am getting progressively more confused with all this good advice:(
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
So...again, reviewing posts, several have said that all three roof units act as heat pumps...and the settings here suggest the same thing. Unless I'm missing something that ought to be real evident, for heating in Zone 1 and 3, my control unit shows one setting on heat and that is "Gas". There is no choice for "electric" in Zones 1 and 3. So what am I missing.

FWIW, Zone 2 does operate in "electric" as a heat pump. Of course, if you are using this mode, you can't heat the floor.

Help...I am getting progressively more confused with all this good advice:(
My thermostat shows an electric heat setting for all three zones. Sounds to me like yours may not be setup right. I would contact CS about it.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
That's what I guess I figured...been this configuration since I picked up...so why was it in this configuration to begin with:( Particularly as I had the system supposedly looked at, including floor heat, during punch list at Middlebury last Spring:(

Thought maybe it was a when in 2013 did it change, as early in the model year they had the old Dometic roof systems, My build in Oct, my coach was one of the prototypes for the new Coleman "quiet" systems. Guess i'll give the folks a call Monday.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #51

Dave, I have the electric in your twin as well.
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #52

Entegra Owners Club
Not that enamored with the heat pumps anyway, but as I said earlier, doesn't surprise. I've seen the insides of the Coleman units more than I'd like. They are the same; although, having been inside them, I don't know where the heating element is, or whatever it is that makes it a "heat pump".
Old 11-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #53

Just the ac unit reversing the process.
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #54

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
My 2014 units are all heat pumps. I do have a problem with floor heat. The front of the Coach the floor is very warm (I have it set on 78) but the vanity area is a little warm but the stool, and bedroom floors are ice cold. Wonder if I have a kink in the hose? On the heat pumps.......last night I had zone one to heat pump set at 63 and the rear on gas heat. At 4:00 AM I realized the front unit had been running forever. I felt the air and it was cold. My old coach the heat pumps would keep you toasty until you got in the 20's. It was 34 last night and it was not working well.......or maybe not at all. All that glass makes a big difference. The rear heat only came on a few times all night. Very we'll insulated. Way better than any of my old coaches. In my last two coaches if it was in the 20's the LP heaters would run for twenty minutes then only stay off for five minutes then back on again. JJ
Below 40 degrees, heat pumps are just about worthless. Pump the floor heat up 10 degrees. Might have a kink or bubble in the BR.
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #55

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
What year/model is your coach?
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #56

Entegra Owners Club
On our "early" 2013, zone 1 and 3 have an "aqua" setting which gives us the forced hot air from the AH.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote