Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2022, 04:06 PM   #1

aqua hot floor heat

what temperature do you all set your floor heat. We haven't used it much so thought we should try it out before our warranty expires. Set it at 80. no other heat is on but we have diesel heat sources selected. Going to get down to 31 tonight in Michigan. Know that some have said they just run floor heat. thanks
lands is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2022, 05:02 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I'm not sure how the VegaTouch control panel is set up on your '21. On my '18 Anthem, the floor heat is controlled by touching either a right arrow (higher) or left arrow (lower) adjacent to the floor heat indicator. The range, IIRC, is between OFF and 5. 3 is a good starting point. Be advised that it takes hours before you'll enjoy the full benefit from floor heat. Although the boiler fluid will pump through the floor heat tubes under the tile floor, it takes hours for that heat to spread by conduction through the floor tiles.

Also, the temperature sensor associated with the floor heat is mounted about a foot above the floor just forward of the sliding door that separates the living area from the mid-bath area.

Take care,
Stu
Old 10-02-2022, 05:11 PM   #3

Lands

Floor heat is a very slow form of heating as it can take a day or even most of two for the floor heat to really have an impact on coach heat.... it is definitely NOT a way to quickly heat a coach over a short period of time. For that, you either need your heat pumps or your AquaHot diesel burner to provide the heat. The heat pumps will not do much below the 40s and the diesel burner will work by activating essentially what are small radiators with fans that blow cool air over the "radiators" to warm the air and provide the heat.

I rarely use the floor heat. I'm rarely in one place or one condition long enough to get much use out of the floor heat. Most people on here that use the floor heat say that they need to set the thermostat about 10 degrees warmer than they think they will need to get the system up to the point that it is heating the coach well and then again, it takes time. Then they can play with the settings to achieve the intended result.

Good for you to play with the system now and get used to what settings you need to use to accomplish your goal.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 05:38 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
And if it's going down to 31 you might want to have your basement heat running.
Later...
Ray
RayandWendy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 05:45 PM   #5

on our 21 our floor heat is by temperature goes all the way up to 100 or so. I set at 80 just to play with it. thanks for all the suggestions.
lands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 05:48 PM   #6

The floor will take time to notice. Turn it up to 100 and then you can turn it down as you begin to feel it. It will be noticeable once the heat begins to penetrate the flooring. Diesel does need to be on, and also recommend turning basement heat.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 05:51 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
I set our floor heat at 78-82 depending on how cold it is and rarely have to use any other heat. If it's going to be in the low to mid 20s I'll up the heat to about 85 but rarely above that. Ours is electric grid, not hydronic but the principle is the same.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 07:05 AM   #8

I set mine from upper 60s to lower 70s. Unless it’s really cold that does a good job for me. I will also run the aquahot heat. Electric only works some but usually early in the morning I will turn on the diesel burner
Old 10-03-2022, 07:22 AM   #9

For those in a Classic. You can cheat by putting zone 2 on electric. This will get the floors warm in temps down to the 50’s. Then you can use your gas/diesel burner setting.
If you don’t have the Micro Air upgrade, you can still do it. Just easier with the new controller.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aqua hot, floor, heat