Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2021, 05:36 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Aqua Hot Help

Well, this 8 week trip has started poorly. Prior to leaving we had the AH serviced and had 2 pumps replaced to the tune of $1,000. Then we spent 3 days at Cummins Moline to have the SCR canister replaced. Now, the AH burners will not start. The AH tech in Elkhart says it is the control thermostat. While we do not expect to get a repair over the holiday weekend we are without AH hot water and heat. We can use the heat pumps so that is not an issue. We are headed to Reno then Northern California then Washington state.
Can anyone refer us to a tech along I-80 or Oregon 199. It can be Mobil or a fixed location.
Many thanks.
soundsuperio is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2021, 06:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsuperio View Post
Well, this 8 week trip has started poorly. Prior to leaving we had the AH serviced and had 2 pumps replaced to the tune of $1,000. Then we spent 3 days at Cummins Moline to have the SCR canister replaced. Now, the AH burners will not start. The AH tech in Elkhart says it is the control thermostat. While we do not expect to get a repair over the holiday weekend we are without AH hot water and heat. We can use the heat pumps so that is not an issue. We are headed to Reno then Northern California then Washington state.
Can anyone refer us to a tech along I-80 or Oregon 199. It can be Mobil or a fixed location.
Many thanks.
Detour to Fredrick, CO. Put the problem directly in their face and say "fix it".
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 06:23 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
AH is way too far behind us. Plus, last time I spoke with them they were not interested in doing repairs, only selling parts.
Old 05-29-2021, 06:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsuperio View Post
AH is way too far behind us. Plus, last time I spoke with them they were not interested in doing repairs, only selling parts.
"Planned obsolescence". We are victims. The entrepreneur is rolling in his grave. Rest his soul.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 06:04 AM   #5

Steve

One of the dealers/shops with the most consistent good reputation on this forum out on the west coast is Beaver Coach sales in Bend, Oregon. When they are talked about here, they are talked about positively. There is NIRVC in Las Vegas which is new and service is inconsistent. Company is great but they are growing and probably having some inconsistency in personnel as they try to staff new locations.

I always try to deal with consummate pros on AH issues. My normal group is Lloyd DeGerald. Lloyd has a web page. Google him and give him a call. He is fantastic., great guy and knows AH's inside and out and carries most parts with him. He travels the country back and forth hitting major RV Rallies across the country. He might be in your area. He has been doing nothing but Aqua Hots for year, now passing the business to his son. Both know all you need to know about service of AquaHots. I'd have him work on my AquaHot any time and I trust him completely. They are based in Arkansas when at home.

I've had trips like that .... one service center after another for half of the trip. Hang in.... it gets better but you get used to frustration until you get things resolved. I guess there are owners who always have carefree trips, but I dont know any of them.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 06:31 AM   #6

FMCA is having a huge rally in Wyoming and Spearfish SD right about now. Lloyd is probably in that area. Google him.

Gary
Old 05-30-2021, 12:45 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks Gary
I spoke to Lloyd. If the guy in Reno can't help then Lloyd and I will meet up near Spearfish when we go to the ECOA rally.
Old 05-30-2021, 12:55 PM   #8

Glad to hear that you have several options. Lloyd is excellent.

I had AquaHot problems on the road one time and consulted AquaHot's web page and found a Certified AH guy who would meet me at an interstate exit in PA to work on my problem. When I got there, it quickly became obvious that this fellow had never worked on an AH system after he completed the $125, factory class, one-day certification program at the factory. He had no tools that he needed (hose clamps) and needed to excuse himself to go to a Home Depot to buy the tools he would need. I knew more about what needed done to my unit than he did.

So I learned a lesson about AquaHots..... all service tech are not created equal. From that experience, I only patronize, if at all possible, only guys who service AquaHots... all day, every day. YEMV

Gary
Old 05-31-2021, 10:22 AM   #9

This guy has a good reputation on the Olympic Peninsula. He was here for a rig a few slots up and the customer couldn't say enough good things about him. He lived regionally and would come to this park just for this guy.

I recognized the tech based on his aquahot service videos.

So if you're plans include the Port Angeles area he might work

https://myrvworks.com/

BTW, we stayed at Elwha Dam RV Park and it's agreat little park

Safe travels
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 12:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I guess there are owners who always have carefree trips, but I don't know any of them.
Gary, they're known as Liars!
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 12:34 PM   #11

On a more serious note, I agree 100% with Gary's recommendation of Lloyd De Gerald and his son. More info here:

https://lloydsrvheating.com
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 01:43 PM   #12

As of 2 weeks ago Beaver was booked through the end of July. If you bought your coach there you may get in earlier.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 03:46 PM   #13

Try Howard’s Aquahot he does mobile service and has a shop not far from I-10 in CA.
He serviced my unit when I was returning home from Ca to Nashville and ended up for five extra days in Texas during their winter storm. Outdoor air got down to 11 degrees but my three dachshunds and I were warm and cozy for the duration.
Wilmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 03:47 PM   #14

Howard’s Aquahot 909.227.3904
Wilmat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aqua hot